Michael Brown [Merged]

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by LevLeeds »

What is the main reason for Brown not playing?? Just cant get in the side??

Personally big big fan of Howson and he is the current club captain, but im a bigger fan of clayton as he has bags of talent. (Hope we can keep him in the transfer window btw). I just think we may have a more balanced midfield if Brown which all his experience was given a run in the side along side Clayton, Brown sits and wins the ball back , Clayton does his thing.

Your thoughts please?????
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brown

Post by Genghers »

Not as good or fit as Howson/Clayton. I honestly don't understand the Howson bashing that goes on on here, he's captain for a reason, and his defensive game has got better this season from what I've seen.

When Vayrynen is fit, Brown will be 5th choice for CM, but at the moment he's behind Howson and Clayton, then Nunez if Jonny gets injured.

Howson and Clayton have played together pretty much all season and have better understanding of each other's positioning etc, would seem silly to me to change the heart of the team without reason at this stage!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Expect to see Brown, Chubby and O'B go out on loan tomorrow before the window closes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggster wrote:Expect to see Brown, Chubby and O'B go out on loan tomorrow before the window closes.

no point sending Brown out on loan....we're short of central midfieldes
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Poor signing from the word go !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Panic signing, we wanted a old experinced head in midfield and he was the cheapest option? Still think he has something to offer in the second half of the season when the pressure comes on
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

faaip wrote:

no point sending Brown out on loan....we're short of central midfieldes
And we still will be, if he stays! :twisted:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

dezzy wrote:Panic signing, we wanted a old experinced head in midfield and he was the cheapest option? Still think he has something to offer in the second half of the season when the pressure comes on
We don't know what goes on during training etc, he could also be a good influence on the younger players there too.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Genghers wrote: We don't know what goes on during training etc, he could also be a good influence on the younger players there too.
Exactly, but do we want to be paying him 10grand a week to give advice. Im sure we will see him come good in January
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Exactly, but do we want to be paying him 10grand a week to give advice. Im sure we will see him come good in January

in place of.....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Agree with Genghers [both posts] - to paraphrase Genghers I would also say 'I honestly don't understand the bashing of our guys/manager/chairman that goes on, on here' [at times].
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by chicagowhite »

Genghers wrote:Not as good or fit as Howson/Clayton. I honestly don't understand the Howson bashing that goes on on here, he's captain for a reason, and his defensive game has got better this season from what I've seen.

When Vayrynen is fit, Brown will be 5th choice for CM, but at the moment he's behind Howson and Clayton, then Nunez if Jonny gets injured.

Howson and Clayton have played together pretty much all season and have better understanding of each other's positioning etc, would seem silly to me to change the heart of the team without reason at this stage!
I'd only let go out to Coventry if he's part of a deal to bring Clingan in, I think Brown was a decent signing the fact he's being kept out by younger players isn't a bad thing but still think he will have a part to play.

I also think we would have seen more of Brown from he bench if the FL hadn't changed the subs rule from 7 to 5.

Clayts is one card away from a suspension so we need cover though I'm not sure Brown is anywhere close to playing 90 mins.

As for Howson I think some of the comments on him are ludicrous he's playing a different role to last season & he's doing it effectively his covering is immense & while tackling is not his key strength he made more tackles against the dingles then any Leeds player on the park, I suspect if he picks up a suspension or a knock and is out will be when we see his real worth.
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote:

in place of.....
Players who need a rest or lose form, heck Imagine if we had a player who could come on and help close out a game....
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

chicagowhite wrote:

As for Howson I think some of the comments on him are ludicrous he's playing a different role to last season & he's doing it effectively his covering is immense & while tackling is not his key strength he made more tackles against the dingles then any Leeds player on the park, I suspect if he picks up a suspension or a knock and is out will be when we see his real worth.
ERRRRM - didn't we have our biggest home win and best display this season against Hull? Howson was suspended. :twisted: :lol:
OK - to even out this thread, Brown did play in that game! :mrgreen:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:Agree with Genghers [both posts] - to paraphrase Genghers I would also say 'I honestly don't understand the bashing of our guys/manager/chairman that goes on, on here' [at times].
Decent player 3 or 4 years ago

Haven't been impressed with him in the white shirt of Leeds, infact he looked a bit of a liability, lucky to escape a red card at St Mary's
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:Agree with Genghers [both posts] - to paraphrase Genghers I would also say 'I honestly don't understand the bashing of our guys/manager/chairman that goes on, on here' [at times].
Erm ! Robinson, Killa, O'Leary, etc :wink:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Erm ! Robinson, Killa, O'Leary, etc :wink:

Questioning a players worth is fine, combination criticism of half the squad/management team week after week, season after season, manager after manager, generation after generation, administration after administration is the issue to which I refer. If the cap fits 64 :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

Questioning a players worth is fine, combination criticism of half the squad/management team week after week, season after season, manager after manager, generation after generation, administration after administration is the issue to which I refer. If the cap fits 64 :lol:
Come on mate, you have slammed the above three in your time. We've had some fun with Robbo & Killa too

We may as well shut the forums down if criticism of players/managers/chairman is out of bounds

Just thinks without our character of a chairman there would have less pages written on the forums

You can't have it both ways !
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by chicagowhite »

Twiggster wrote:
ERRRRM - didn't we have our biggest home win and best display this season against Hull? Howson was suspended. :twisted: :lol:
OK - to even out this thread, Brown did play in that game! :mrgreen:
Dull was early in the season may have been most emphatic win I don't think it was our best performance, also Howson has improved in the role as the season has gone on Sat he was our best O/F player IMO GK was MOM even though Snods got the award, the display of the team was not great but it wasn't as bad as many made out either, dingles huffed & puffed but they were pretty poor I think Leeds tend to play at the level of the opposition most games.

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by chicagowhite »

1964white wrote:
Come on mate, you have slammed the above three in your time. We've had some fun with Robbo & Killa too

We may as well shut the forums down if criticism of players/managers/chairman is out of bounds

Just thinks without our character of a chairman there would have less pages written on the forums

You can't have it both ways !
Commenting on players on a forum is fine by me positive, negative whatever, same goes for managers & most certainly the ownership & executive leadership. Slating players/managers at games is a totally different issue before & during the game, showing displeasure at a performance is tolerable in my book (though I add I tend not to do unless a player, team manager has been dire).

For example I made fun about Blobby before he ever kivked a ball for Leeds as I couldn't comprehend why he would join Leeds who weren't guaranteed Chump footy after getting promotion with the ducks, I never slated him on the pitch though even on the many occasions he deserved it.