Twiggster

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Twiggster

Post by YorkshireSquare »

It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to announce Twiggs has decided to step down as and admin of the site. I’m sure you will all join me in thanking him for the contribution he has made to the site over the past 15 years. Quite simply without him this place would not exist and many of you would not be here without him. After the original Marching on Together site closed Twiggs along with a few regular posters of the forum were left adrift. Twiggs kept the forum going and from there it has grown into what it is today.

Twiggs has stated the he will remain posting on the forum and I for one hope he does. His passion for Leeds United is clear and he has been through the ups and downs. With this week’s events it looks like that that rollercoaster ride of being a Leeds fan is certain continue. Who knows where Cellino will take us and I hope Twiggs is here to share that journey with us.

Adam
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Re: Twiggster

Post by Martyn »

Well said Shieldsy
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Twiggs.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Agree fully with what's already been said, Billy. Although my 'membership' of MOT is only a few years old, I've enjoyed the ride, often down to Twiggs. Never safe, often contentious, usually fun! Thanks mate!
:clap2:
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Bit of an institution is old Twiggs, or is that 'he belongs in an institution'
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

dark forces at work :(
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Really? Wow. Well that's a massive shock. I allus assumed they'd be burying the MOT server once he left :lol: As some may remember I had a bit of a spat at Twiggs a while back, claiming he was holding it all back and his attitude being a major point in some quality posters walking away. I still stand by that, but I did apologise for attacking him so publicly at the time, to which he graciously accepted.

However, All that crap aside, I do still count him as a friend and thank him for making me feel so welcome after I joined a few months after this site was created all those years ago. As Sheilds has already said, without Twiggsters input then MOTforum would simply not exist, so to see him step down is, quite frankly a bit of a shock.

I know this sounds as though he'll never be posting again, I didn't mean it to sound like that, just merely my clumsy way of saying thanks and all the best.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Thanks Twiggs for all you have done in running this forum. It's a cracker of a forum.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I always thought Twiggs was just Kenneth Bates masquerading on here as a Leeds fan. That this should happen on the day Cellino takes control (subject to FL) from the Bates controlled GFH......
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Thanks Twiggs for all you did as admin over the years. Without you, I would have probably never found this forum. ON ON ON!
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Sorry to see you step down mate, all your hard work etc has been fully appreciated from yours truly....All the best mate Thanks for your help and support
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Twiggs , sorry to hear of your announcement and your work is very much appreciated, your help has been massive to me . Thanks for everything
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Probably for the best Twiggs

I also intend to take a back seat on some of my hectic schedule this year, we're getting no younger !

Best wishes
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

I would like to add my thanks to Twiggs for all the hard work he has done over the years too.

I remember a few years back I was surprised to get an email from him asking me to help moderate the board. I was particularly taken aback because I don't think we had agreed on very much with regard to footballing matters (although he has now come around to my way of thinking about Bates!). I think it says a lot about a man when he can disagree with someones opinions, but still respect them sufficiently to see the value behind them.

I also am aware of some of the "behind the scenes" discussions Twiggs, Armley, LUFCRACE and myself had about running the board and the care and dedication that he showed for making the board the best, and friendliest, it could be without moderating it to death.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

Always felt welcomed by Twiggster whenever I've popped up on here and the reason why I became a member on here all those years ago when trying to make head or tail of the ongoing financial problems at the club was because when most of the forums out there seem to be full of abuse and 'keyboard warriors' this little corner of the t'interweb seemed friendly and the posters offered some intriguing discussions...

Twiggster is/was a big part of helping to moderate and create the forum along with a few key folk back then and his attention and time given was key to a the success of the website and in return a credit to his efforts.

So without blowing too much smoke up the old farts arse.... :wink: :lol:

Twiggster...Thanks for taking the time and effort to help moderate and put together this great little corner of the t'internet.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

:clap: :clap: :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I blame Tom Lees for Twiggster's abdication
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

OK - to everyone who has posted above, or pm'd me their kind thoughts in the past 24 hours or so - THANK YOU! :tup:
With all the love you have shown, I've decided to return as Admin...... :twisted: :roflmao:

Seriously tho, it's been a helluva long, strange trip over the past decade or so - but the time for me to retire was right, I feel.
I created a monster, aided and abetted firstly by Doctor Gary, who originally re-hosted us on LUFCWeb and got us in the public eye again - and then by Shieldsy, when he took over the site design and maintenance and hosting...bringing in sponsorship and getting us to the top of the Leeds United forums search list on Google. :tup:
However, the forum has outgrown me and MOTForum is now light years away from the cosy little forum I "inherited" and rebooted, all those years ago. Time to sit back and hopefully ENJOY the place again - without worrying about administrating it, or trying to resolve posters' spats by pm, or having to sift through the dozens of new member requests every week and check them out before approving or rejecting. It's a big weight lifted from my shoulders and though it was a hard decision to make, I know it was the right one. Both for myself and MOTForum. (And I can now post on here as ME :shock: :lol:)

I'm truly happy in the knowledge that I have brought a lot of Leeds fans worldwide together over the years, however - I have to give some massive kudos and thanks, as I step down:
Firstly to Dr Gary, who got this place back in the public eye.
To Adam Shields, who has done wonders with our site designs and hosting and advertising us, over the years.
To all the moderators we have had over the years, who have put in some long shifts on here - just because I asked them to.
And of course, to the HUNDREDS of forum members who have posted on here over the years - YOU made this place what it is today. Many have left, over the years - but many are still here, posting your thoughts about LUFC and everything, every day/week/whenever! All I ever wanted for MOTForum, really..... :thup: :shirt: :clap2:

ON ON ON!
Twiggs
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

I blame Blackwell for this.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

thanks for all the good work twiggs hope you keep up the birthday announcements it wouldnt be the same your still hear so relax yourself now.and go bollox :clap2: :clap2: