Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by Velotrax »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:14 pm For me that is the key point he isn't a left back and we don't play with left backs. He is a wingback with the key element to his role being the ability to get forward as often as possible. Whilst he is also in the team to defend it is far harder to get back into the right position and not be knackered than it would be if he was a straightforward left back. Yesterday, because of the match circumstances, he wasn't able to get as forward as often so was able to be in better positions to defend and generally did a decent job.
Great post Sir
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

I think we should try to keep him, forget the shortcomings in his game as he brings lots to the table, not least the effervescent personality which surely helps the team bonding, 100% effort for a full 95+ minutes, pops up with quality every now and then including scoring some vital goals. Even if he were retained only as a potential match changer subsitute it would be worthwhile.
If he can get a much higher wage elsewhere however then good luck to him but I will miss the Alio show.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Currie14 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:13 pm I think we should try to keep him, forget the shortcomings in his game as he brings lots to the table, not least the effervescent personality which surely helps the team bonding, 100% effort for a full 95+ minutes, pops up with quality every now and then including scoring some vital goals. Even if he were retained only as a potential match changer subsitute it would be worthwhile.
If he can get a much higher wage elsewhere however then good luck to him but I will miss the Alio show.
Agreed mate, I love Ali, warts an all, he gives 110% every game, plus he must be a great assett in the dressing room, 'entertainment manager'
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I think Alioski is great too, hope he doesn't leave. I know he is a bit like marmite but i'm on the loving side :love: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:09 pm I think Alioski is great too, hope he doesn't leave. I know he is a bit like marmite but i'm on the loving side :love: :bear:
This.

I love the guy. All Leeds, just like Berardi.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

that through ball at the end was brilliant - inch perfect
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

One of his best games, probably his best bearing in mind the opposition.

Both our full-backs remained disciplined not giving the Citeh boys much space to play in.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:04 pm One of his best games, probably his best bearing in mind the opposition.

Both our full-backs remained disciplined not giving the Citeh boys much space to play in.
Love Alioski,really hope he doesn't leave. :bear:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:32 pm Love Alioski,really hope he doesn't leave. :bear:
Won't get many games next season if we sign a class LB although useful to have on the bench.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Played well, generally disciplined but gave away a couple of free kicks.

I can see him being usefull next season should he say, but beyond that I would hope we would move on in terms of quality of players.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm Played well, generally disciplined but gave away a couple of free kicks.

I can see him being usefull next season should he say, but beyond that I would hope we would move on in terms of quality of players.

Rather see Alioski in the side than Roberts.... :bear:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I also love Alioski and hope he stays as he will be a very good asset as a squad player next season. You've got to admire his professionalism in giving 110% wherever he is played, and in particular right now as an injury could cost him a move if that's what he wants. I do think we need a better LB/LWB than Alioski in the long term, but he's the kind of adaptable and versatile player MB loves to have around.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I've been critical of Alioski in the past, he's another one who is up & down like a yo yo

but

How good was Ali today

Super performance, he actually defended very well, his passing & running off the ball was top class.

Well done Ali

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

MotM for me ...outstanding
Tooting
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tooting »

It has been reported on https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gjanni-al ... s-revealed that Alioski will no longer sign for Galatasary for three reasons, one of which is his unwillingness to sign for a club hated by Leeds fans (and all right minded people).

If this is true, Legend !!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tooting wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:18 pm It has been reported on https://www.teamtalk.com/news/gjanni-al ... s-revealed that Alioski will no longer sign for Galatasary for three reasons, one of which is his unwillingness to sign for a club hated by Leeds fans (and all right minded people).

If this is true, Legend !!!
Ali has gone up in my estimation twice in a matter of five days.

Firstly his MOTM performance v Spurs & now doing the honourable thing you wouldn't expect from the majority of footballers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Listen guys for all the Spurs games there will be two Brightons.

We need a higher quality Lwb
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm Listen guys for all the Spurs games there will be two Brightons.

We need a higher quality Lwb
For sure, absolutely, and I think the thing is, Alioski himself might know it himself.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this no to Galatasary, but if it is true then it would be the best possible way of departing. He's played his role, had his special moments and faced his curtain call with a show of respect to the club and it's fans. Can't really ask for more than that.

If it's true.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Still hoping they can work out a contract and he stays...And before I get slaughtered :) ...we still need a dedicated L(W)B... But Ali can play either side of the park on the wings, in the middle and cover for our new aquasition should he get hurt...Not exactly Dallas, but what a squad player to have.
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 pm But Ali can play either side of the park on the wings, in the middle and cover for our new acquisition should he get hurt...
Yes, he's played left-back so much in the last 12 months, you forget what a good right-winger he is. I remember in our championship days, he and Siaz seemed to have a telepathic partnership down that wing. Surely there must be some way to accommodate him as a utility player.