Luke Ayling- Farewell Bill

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luke Ayling

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:41 pm Luke Ayling v Sheff Utd:

118 touches :star: (most)
60 succ. passes
13 succ. final third passes
11 ground duels won
9 ball recoveries :star: (most)
8 succ. long passes
4 succ. take-ons :star: (most)
4 tackles won
2 aerial duels won
2 clearances
1 chance created
1 shot on-target

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 17.40.24.png
Top Billing.
Interesting role for Ayling today, right side of a back 3 that often overlapped with the right winger. I thought he had some great surging runs. Did a few things really well. He also played us into trouble a couple of times with some misplaced passes that led to counterattacks. Still, a good game overall
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ayling is such a busy influential player
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The nutmeg king 10 years in the making.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:39 pm The nutmeg king 10 years in the making.
Brilliant Rab

We have some characters in our happy squad :-D
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

rab_rant wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:39 pm The nutmeg king 10 years in the making.
Love hearing his interviews. So humble. So down to earth. I've watched Leeds for 40 years, but his ponytail goal is the one I could watch over and over again. It's such a real moment. You know it's way above his own ability and the celebration says all that too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

How good was he today? Finest performance in the Leeds shirt I think.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gerryjo1984
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by gerryjo1984 »

After watching him tonight, i think he could be a candidaye to cover for Phillips. Knocked it about like Beckenbauer.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 pm How good was he today? Finest performance in the Leeds shirt I think.
Absolute colossus. Questioned him playing CB pregame. Preferred Strujik there. Bielsa keeps proving me wrong.

I might say Ayling has a future at CB if he wasn't such a threat at RB.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a performance from Luke

I don't often give 10/10 to players, last night was one of those exceptions as our No.2 playing at CB was immense last night

Luke also gave us a funny moment too

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 pm How good was he today? Finest performance in the Leeds shirt I think.
Absolutely brilliant Faaip

I've always been a big admirer of Luke & never had reservations about our No.2 playing in the PL however a performance like that is testament to Luke's attitude & commitment to Leeds

Immense player for LUFC :strong:
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Probably the best player for Leeds so far this season. Very intelligent and calm with the ball, amazing stamina and fitness. When Raphina is settled it will be a treat to watch Ayling and him tormenting the opponents.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

When Raphinha is a starter, it'll be interesting to see who sits...Costa, Rodrigo or Bamford seem indicated
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Couldn’t be happier with Ayling this season.

Looks like a bloke that’s waited 10 years for his chance to play in the PL. Has decided to make the most of it and is enjoying every minute.

Hard to pick our player of the season so far, there’s too many to choose from (Koch, Meslier, Klich, Bamford, Dallas, Ayling all worthy in my opinion) but Ayling is right up there
gessa

Post by gessa »

Makes Garth Crooks team of the week.

Luke Ayling: The clearance off the line by Ayling from Jack Grealish's shot at arguably the most crucial time in the match against Aston Villa was absolutely brilliant. The Leeds captain's instincts took him to the area where he knew his goalkeeper was exposed. It was exceptional defending.

Leeds are fifth in the table with 10 points and look like a team that can survive in the Premier League as long as they don't run out of gas. It is a real shame that Leeds United fans are not permitted to follow their team around the country singing their anthem. Their team will need that inspiration in the second half of the season, especially during their run-in.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still annoyed at Bill.

No excuse for what he did.

The stupid thing about it is if he stays on his feet he is in behind and we will have players ready for the pull back because we always do.

It was a chance thrown away.

And the Ayling flop is cringe.

Not good Bill, dont do it again, personally id fine players for diving.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed, and we know MB doesn't encourage diving..Needs to cut that out of his game. Did he get booked for it?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:47 pm Agreed, and we know MB doesn't encourage diving..Needs to cut that out of his game. Did he get booked for it?
He didnt which made it even weirder.

The ref gave the freekick to Leicester (fairly sure he signalled for a freekick not a goal kick).

But didnt book Bill which made no sense.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:47 pm Agreed, and we know MB doesn't encourage diving..Needs to cut that out of his game. Did he get booked for it?
No
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Sadly the prem league ...well the FA allow it...Even though it is against the rules and spirit of the game... it is so hypocritical you have pundits calling out Luke for diving because there was no contact, yet when the untouchables Kane, Salah etc etc do it, it is called creative and skillful, even with the slightest touch ... In Luke's defence he was coming in hard and I think he anticipated some heavy contact... the right call was made by the ref, which is not what happens with the untouchables ...
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ayling not great last night but I'll forgive him as he has been brilliant for us, this season more than ever. Both Luke & Dallas have exceeded expectations at a higher level.