Pablo Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 75420
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 am

Look how imperative it was that Pablo played

Screenshot 2019-04-10 at 08.16.49.png
Screenshot 2019-04-10 at 08.16.49.png (47.96 KiB) Viewed 2370 times

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8831
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Cjay » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Happy 34th Birthday Your Majesty :love: :love:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 75420
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez Happy Birthday

Post by 1964white » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Happy birthday you little gem Pablo

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8831
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez Happy Birthday

Post by Cjay » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:48 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwH-nOLnfsX ... e=ig_embed

Dont know how to post this and it could go on Ali's to but since it was Pablo's birthday.

Look at them, lovely people :love:

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Pablo Hernandez Happy Birthday

Post by Irish Ian » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Cjay wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:48 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwH-nOLnfsX ... e=ig_embed

Dont know how to post this and it could go on Ali's to but since it was Pablo's birthday.

Look at them, lovely people :love:
I was going to post that pic too...

Really nice to see. We so often see footballers walking about with their headphones on,screened off what is going on around them.

This was a lovely gesture by Pablo and Ali. Putting themselves out for others will help them remain grounded when so may around them are getting wrapped up in the hype of a possible promotion.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"


Marcelo Bielsa.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 75420
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez Happy Birthday

Post by 1964white » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:39 am

Our magical talisman produces yet another assist


Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 12.36.23.png
Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 12.36.23.png (228.94 KiB) Viewed 2232 times

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8831
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Cjay » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:15 pm

In tears at the end of the game :(

We've broken him :verysad:

34 years old and having to carry us, poor Pablo.

SG90
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by SG90 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Cjay wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:15 pm
In tears at the end of the game :(

We've broken him :verysad:

34 years old and having to carry us, poor Pablo.
I think it's exhaustion as well. He needs a rest these last two games, no reason not to. Give Bogusz or Shack a chance.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

Mick Jones shoulder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Give him a couple of weeks off, deserves it.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 30845
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by faaip » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm

If SU lose their next game, and anything is possible, we must put out our best chance of beating Villa...have to. To go into the final game level on points would mean something. If they win then we can rest players and we absolutely should
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8831
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Cjay » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm

:verysad:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 75420
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:10 am

Cjay wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:15 pm
In tears at the end of the game :(

We've broken him :verysad:

34 years old and having to carry us, poor Pablo.
Indeed we have Cjay

All because we have a tighta*se squad with no adequate replacement

The blunts had three key players out v Forest & two last night at Hull.....did it affect their performance/result ? the simple answer is NO because they have decent players to replace key players. We are not talking about a moneybags club here, Sheff Utd came out of League One two seasons ago. Meanwhile we are still fannying about in the championship ten years on

User avatar
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Location with Phil and Kirstie

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Dalton » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 am

Agreed with everyone. Pablo on the bench for the next 2 games to be fresh in the play offs.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 75420
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 am

For the second year in a row, Pablo Hernandez is named Leeds United's Player of the Year.

Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 08.28.21.png

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 30845
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by faaip » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 am

Well deserved ..certainly in my top 2, probably top. Not yet really decided
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by weasel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 am

1964white wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:10 am
Indeed we have Cjay

All because we have a tighta*se squad with no adequate replacement

The blunts had three key players out v Forest & two last night at Hull.....did it affect their performance/result ? the simple answer is NO because they have decent players to replace key players. We are not talking about a moneybags club here, Sheff Utd came out of League One two seasons ago. Meanwhile we are still fannying about in the championship ten years on
The Blunts had three key players out.... we have had key players out all season. So they had Sharp out - we have had one of either Roofe or Bamford out injured nearly all season. They had a defender out, Ayling was out for a long while, Douglas likewise, Berardi too.

I just don't understand the constant knocking of the club. Bielsa wanted a small squad. He wanted to come up with solutions from within. He could have gone with a big squad and had no injuries and had a lot of unhappy players. The reason this team has done so well, and 3rd or 4th place is still a very good achievement, is because players have felt valued, have felt they would get minutes on the pitch. We have had an unprecedented run of injuries which would have stretched any squad yet players have blossomed from it. If Bielsa had brought in a defensive mid we wouldn't have seen the emergence of Phillips. Just last year fans were still saying Pablo was no good in away games ye this year, despite his age he has played in most of the matches. Pablo cried not because he was broken but because of how much it meant to him, he loves the club, loves playing for Bielsa, loves his teammates - and you don't get that love if your a player in a 30 man squad being rotated.
Senor El Weasel

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by paddy parrott » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 am

Couldn't agree more Weasel , wise words are often lost on others & their blindness mate.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 30845
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by faaip » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 am

I'm not buying this small squad theory either. We've lost more players for more weeks than any other teams but have still played at a high quality. Had we beat Wigan we'd have gotten a result at Brentford, but Wigan for some reason just went so wrong
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8314
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Within a mile of Yorkshire

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by weasel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 am
I'm not buying this small squad theory either. We've lost more players for more weeks than any other teams but have still played at a high quality. Had we beat Wigan we'd have gotten a result at Brentford, but Wigan for some reason just went so wrong
Wigan went wrong because the players got caught up in the carnival atmosphere thinking they could go and hit 5 or 6 past Wigan and sort out the goal difference. It was all so easy, we were a man up, despite missing the penalty we were 1-0 up and we were creating chances and we were in front and had won something like 18 out of 18 when in front this season. We got carried away and showed Wigan no respect. We were trying to walk it into the net and didn't even heed the warning when we got lucky after the short backpass to Casillas should have gifted Wigan the equaliser.

When we went behind we just panicked and ran out of ideas. Like you say if we'd have beaten Wigan then we'd have probably beaten Brentford, or Sheff U may have panicked. As it was it gave Sheff Utd the advantage and they then scored something like 2 goals in the first 8 minutes against a Hull side featuring a Sheff Utd fan in their net making his debut....
Senor El Weasel

User avatar
SaraM
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by SaraM » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 am

weasel wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 am
The Blunts had three key players out.... we have had key players out all season. So they had Sharp out - we have had one of either Roofe or Bamford out injured nearly all season. They had a defender out, Ayling was out for a long while, Douglas likewise, Berardi too.

I just don't understand the constant knocking of the club. Bielsa wanted a small squad. He wanted to come up with solutions from within. He could have gone with a big squad and had no injuries and had a lot of unhappy players. The reason this team has done so well, and 3rd or 4th place is still a very good achievement, is because players have felt valued, have felt they would get minutes on the pitch. We have had an unprecedented run of injuries which would have stretched any squad yet players have blossomed from it. If Bielsa had brought in a defensive mid we wouldn't have seen the emergence of Phillips. Just last year fans were still saying Pablo was no good in away games ye this year, despite his age he has played in most of the matches. Pablo cried not because he was broken but because of how much it meant to him, he loves the club, loves playing for Bielsa, loves his teammates - and you don't get that love if your a player in a 30 man squad being rotated.
Completely agree, very well put.

Post Reply

Advertisment