Page 11 of 12

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:27 am
by faaip
weasel wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am
Wigan went wrong because the players got caught up in the carnival atmosphere thinking they could go and hit 5 or 6 past Wigan and sort out the goal difference. It was all so easy, we were a man up, despite missing the penalty we were 1-0 up and we were creating chances and we were in front and had won something like 18 out of 18 when in front this season. We got carried away and showed Wigan no respect. We were trying to walk it into the net and didn't even heed the warning when we got lucky after the short backpass to Casillas should have gifted Wigan the equaliser.

When we went behind we just panicked and ran out of ideas. Like you say if we'd have beaten Wigan then we'd have probably beaten Brentford, or Sheff U may have panicked. As it was it gave Sheff Utd the advantage and they then scored something like 2 goals in the first 8 minutes against a Hull side featuring a Sheff Utd fan in their net making his debut....
Never chase goal difference unless you absolutely have to, 4 games out we just needed 10 points in all probability. GD wouldn't have been in play...If we needed 4/5 v Ipswich then I agree you go for it.

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:05 am
by 1964white
Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 07.00.59.png
Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 07.00.59.png (54.76 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 am
by 60sUnited
Yes 64, great stats for Pablo and very encouraging BUT scary if he isn't in the team :shock:

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 am
by Genghers
Hopefully Costa can step up and be that creative spark when Pablo is rested.

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 am
by 1964white
60sUnited wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 am
Yes 64, great stats for Pablo and very encouraging BUT scary if he isn't in the team :shock:
Agree 60's :tup: Pablo was the reason why we won the Bristol City game comfortably

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:09 pm
by Cjay
What a way to shut up those few morons who were criticising him on social media the other day.

Of all the players who can be excused an off day Pablo is top of the list.

Also dont get the criticism of his passing, yes it can sometimes be wayward but thats because he always looks for the killer pass.

If Pablo just picked the easy option like most players he wouldn't be the most creative player in the league since he arrived.

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:41 pm
by 1964white
Cjay wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:09 pm
What a way to shut up those few morons who were criticising him on social media the other day.

Of all the players who can be excused an off day Pablo is top of the list.

Also dont get the criticism of his passing, yes it can sometimes be wayward but thats because he always looks for the killer pass.

If Pablo just picked the easy option like most players he wouldn't be the most creative player in the league since he arrived.
Exactly Cjay :tup:

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 pm
by faaip
Agreed...

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am
by 1964white
Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 12.48.21.png
Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 12.48.21.png (288.88 KiB) Viewed 825 times

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:30 pm
by Doire_Boi
Since pablo has joined leeds, no other player has had more assists in the championship. He has also chipped in with 27 goals.

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:55 pm
by faaip
Also a good tweet somewhere of Pablo facing up to Tim Bresnan albeit with a soft ball and slow action..he score 16 lost his wkt 3 times in one over..

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:46 pm
by YorkshireSquare
Doire_Boi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Since pablo has joined leeds, no other player has had more assists in the championship. He has also chipped in with 27 goals.

Best player since we got relegated?

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 pm
by 1964white
YorkshireSquare wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:46 pm
Best player since we got relegated?
Yes without any doubt

Pablo could still play in the premiership

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 am
by danhirons
For me Pablo is one of those frustrating geniuses. Absolutely awful for 85 minutes of a game with a 5 minute spell where is unbelievable. Hope he gets us promoted this season to end on a high but no way we can rely on him if we ever did get promoted sadly :(

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:22 am
by leic white 63
danhirons wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 am
For me Pablo is one of those frustrating geniuses. Absolutely awful for 85 minutes of a game with a 5 minute spell where is unbelievable. Hope he gets us promoted this season to end on a high but no way we can rely on him if we ever did get promoted sadly :(
agreed .

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 am
by Doire_Boi
danhirons wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 am
For me Pablo is one of those frustrating geniuses. Absolutely awful for 85 minutes of a game with a 5 minute spell where is unbelievable. Hope he gets us promoted this season to end on a high but no way we can rely on him if we ever did get promoted sadly :(
Couldn't have put it better myself. He will try 4 or 5 defense splitting passes that don't come off then he will produce a game-winning wonder-pass after nutmegging some confused defender.

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 am
by Ken Pow
Was there an argument over the penalty taker? Klich initially seemed angry about something and Hernandez had the ball. Didn’t see on highlights how the decision was made about who would take the kick. Any comments from people at the game?

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 am
by 1964white
Ken Pow wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 am
Was there an argument over the penalty taker? Klich initially seemed angry about something and Hernandez had the ball. Didn’t see on highlights how the decision was made about who would take the kick. Any comments from people at the game?
Pablo wanted it, Cooper took the ball off him & gave it to Klich who stroke the penalty home beautifully

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 am
by hector
Good to see Coops behaving like a captain then :)

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:21 pm
by 1964white
Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.19.46.png
Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 15.19.46.png (324.8 KiB) Viewed 181 times