Gaetano Berardi - Heartfelt Moments!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Gaetano Berardi

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:07 pm Gaetano Berardi has now kept 14 clean sheets in 21 Championship appearances this season. We've conceded just 7 goals in the 12 league games which he has started for us in 2019/20.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 13.06.39.png
And worth noting that in the first leg of the play-offs last season Derby didn't have a single shot on target in the whole game.

Also worth noting that Berardi stepped up to play despite not having the assurance of a new contract, risking an injury and then being unemployed. Given his injury problems that is a huge risk for him to personally take.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm And worth noting that in the first leg of the play-offs last season Derby didn't have a single shot on target in the whole game.

Also worth noting that Berardi stepped up to play despite not having the assurance of a new contract, risking an injury and then being unemployed. Given his injury problems that is a huge risk for him to personally take.
I wonder why Gaetano hasn't been offered a new contract, would be decent back-up in the prem

Is it his age or disciplinary record ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It may be simply that he doesn't want a new contract as he would want to go somewhere to be a first team player. IF that is the case then even more credit for him for playing and taking the huge financial risk.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

He had a decent game yesterday and a loyal servant of the club. I do think overall he's a liability, and would be out of his depth in the Premiership.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm He had a decent game yesterday and a loyal servant of the club. I do think overall he's a liability, and would be out of his depth in the Premiership.
I know many will disagree with me however I reckon quite a few of our main squad will be out of their depth.

The premiership is different class in comparison to the championship.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Love Berardi, even though I don't think he's a PL player.

He gives his all every time, is always ready to play at a moment's notice, and is willing to sacrifice himself for the team. All Leeds. Our fans will remember him warmly for a very long time, regardless of where he ends up next season.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I wouldn’t keep him for next season. That’s not to down play what he has contributed to this club, he has been a warrior who always gives 100% but we’ll need better to progress. I hope he has a club lined up where he will be a starter
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm I know many will disagree with me however I reckon quite a few of our main squad will be out of their depth.

Agree. But 4/5 new players in this squad would make us strong enough to comfortably stay up. A striker who can get 15+ goals next season is a must along with a 10.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:03 pm I know many will disagree with me however I reckon quite a few of our main squad will be out of their depth.

I think it would be a struggle if we didn't make 2 or 3 maybe 4 additional signings but I think all the players could do okay individually as they know how to play the system etc. Look at Sheff Utd and some of their players were in league 1 just a couple of years ago and no clubs were sniffing around them. Yes there are some wonderful premiership players but there are far more average players.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Bera done his ACL.

Poor ba***rd
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Is that what Izzy brown had ? O man, unlucky or what ! Leeds will look after him but after that...

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

His contract expired. Perfect time to move on. He'll find himself a regular starting spot somewhere else. Loved his attitude and commitment. I wish he'd finished his Leeds career with a red card rather than an injury.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 21.05.29.png
Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 21.05.29.png (342.62 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The likes of Ryan Fraser and Lyle Taylor refuse to help their team in case they get injured, Berardi bucks the trend and gets injured for it. How cruel and unfair. Give him another year and let him do some coaching work.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 21.05.29.png
Legend. How many footballers are this self aware?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Out nine months.

Absolutely gutted for the young man.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Life can be very cruel, but it’s always possible to make a difference. For what Berardi has given this club, in return it should reciprocate by stepping in and making sure he and his family are taken care of in their hour of need. Anything less would be of detriment to our reputation in my opinion.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Awful for him.

We needed to sign Ben White and another cb before and we still need to sign 2 cbs regardless.

Berardi should be offered a 1 year deal on reduced terms, look after him but we arent a charity.

He helped us when we needed him so offer him help now he needs it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm sure the commentator said during Sunday's game he'd been offered a 1 year extension. Let's hope he's already signed it.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Gaetano Berardi Contract

Post by Fridge »

Great to see the club do right by our man