Anyone moderating this site ??

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Anyone moderating this site ??

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:I'd be glad to move on but you are the one accusing me of inefficient moderating when I was not online for much of day. Hell of a responsibility when there are only Weasel & myself around this place for much of our time

I assume you & your mates have voted for the three mods whom have contributed virtually nothing in the last year or so.....now that's what I call splendid moderating :roll:
Then do it !!

But you can't ....have a nice wee pop at Anna, Eirik and Dan....cheap shot.

Have a go at me...not them.

Liggy's posts pre L'Derry could have been dealt with...but no,you let them fester and for that you are the fall guy.

But let's move on.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Liggy's previous posts were near the knuckle but generally fun & harmless,
I didn't care for many of Liggy's posts for various reasons but until the offending posts, which like Leon I also didn't see until they had been removed, thert was nothing that I felt warranted him being banned. Many posts seemed to simply be drunken rants/ramblings which were not to my sense of humour but may well have been funny to others.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

weasel wrote:I didn't care for many of Liggy's posts for various reasons but until the offending posts, which like Leon I also didn't see until they had been removed, thert was nothing that I felt warranted him being banned. Many posts seemed to simply be drunken rants/ramblings which were not to my sense of humour but may well have been funny to others.
And may well have been offensive to others...though i did not report these....but i could sense an underlying malevolence building....and alas it came to fruition.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Ronan wrote:And may well have been offensive to others...though i did not report these....but i could sense an underlying malevolence building....and alas it came to fruition.
As I do with your and Gino's posts. What can we do about it?
And I haven't reported any of them, even though I have been offended by this underlying malevolence.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

BobHirst wrote:As I do with your and Gino's posts. What can we do about it?
And I haven't reported any of them, even though I have been offended by this underlying malevolence.
Press that report button if you feel the need to....i felt the need to...and i did....why did you not ?

Am away to bed...catch up tomorrow if anyone is interested anymore.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ronan wrote:And may well have been offensive to others...though i did not report these....but i could sense an underlying malevolence building....and alas it came to fruition.
If the posts were offensive to others then it is up to others to report them - as in the case of the (London) Derry one. It is not up to the moderator to presume others may take offence as that would suggest that it may also be the case that no one may take offence. Similar really as to how one or two people took offence (on behalf of others) over Leon's posts but the majority didn't seem to take offence. If it was the case that we thought it would definitely cause some people offence then yes action would be taken. It is not up to the moderators to ban people because we think they might become offensive in the future - maybe a quiet word/warning but not a ban. Similar in how we felt the right action in relation to Leon was simply a quiet word about his post - although to be honest he had already acknowledged that his post wasn't in the best of taste and I think if the furore hadn't have erupted he may well have simply deleted his post.

In general there is very little need for moderation on the site.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Ronan wrote:Aye but minorities count too.
people in the minorities always come across with passive aggression though , just look at the aggression shown by the minority who wanted to remain in Europe when the leave voters won , sit back Leon & senor and enjoy your majority vote in the Mod vote :tup:

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Ronan wrote:Press that report button if you feel the need to....i felt the need to...and i did....why did you not ?

I realize that people have different opinions than I do, so I don't go crying to teacher (as you worded it) when I come across something that may ruffle my feathers a little. (or indeed a lot).

Remember our discussion regarding 'the Irish Terrorist'. We disagreed on everything but I accept that you have your own opinions and I hope you recognize that I am entitled to mine. Even though yours are wrong :) .

It's OK to be offended, but don't expect everyone else to be in agreement.

Also, it does seem like you and Gino dislike Leon and are lurking, just waiting for an opportunity to 'get' him. That is not 'cool'.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:Then do it !!

But you can't ....have a nice wee pop at Anna, Eirik and Dan....cheap shot.

Have a go at me...not them.

Liggy's posts pre L'Derry could have been dealt with...but no,you let them fester and for that you are the fall guy.

But let's move on.
Not a cheap shot whatsoever, just the truth

Talking about moving on.....Time for you to go i suggest

The majority want their forum back as it was without all this repetitive nonsense :mwa: :fwa:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:Not a cheap shot whatsoever, just the truth

Talking about moving on.....Time for you to go i suggest

The majority want their forum back as it was without all this repetitive nonsense :mwa: :fwa:
That's it....let it all out,Leon.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:I'd be glad to move on but you are the one accusing me of inefficient moderating when I was not online for much of day. Hell of a responsibility when there are only Weasel & myself around this place for much of our time

I assume you & your mates have voted for the three mods whom have contributed virtually nothing in the last year or so.....now that's what I call splendid moderating :roll:
Dude, if you have a problem with me, then at least have the decency to pm me and talk. I apologize for life taking me away the past month or so, but your commentary was really uncalled for.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crude wrote:Dude, if you have a problem with me, then at least have the decency to pm me and talk. I apologize for life taking me away the past month or so, but your commentary was really uncalled for.
Apologies Dan

Glad you are ok even though you've had some downs of late
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:Apologies Dan

Glad you are ok even though you've had some downs of late
You should be apologizing to Anna. No way she deserves that snide commentary.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

You really don't help yourself Leon.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote:You really don't help yourself Leon.
Are you still here ?
hector

Post by hector »

Good grief, don't you mods have a seperate forum where you can air this stuff, not on the main part?
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

1964white wrote:Are you still here ?
Sorry to disappoint.

I haven't gone away you know.....but will be masquerading as a little triangle....just to keep things on an even keel.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote:Good grief, don't you mods have a separate forum where you can air this stuff, not on the main part?

It'd be Leon arguing with Weasel wouldn't it?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:It'd be Leon arguing with Weasel wouldn't it?
I have no arguments with Weasel mate
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote:I see wrong every time Geno posts these days and have posted such but I'm not touching the report button.
Depends on your definition of 'wrong', fiaap. I'm happy to admit that I have a huge problem with 64 since he sided with riot when the latter was - in my opinion - being abusive to me and others.

So yeah when I see him make a crass comment about the young lady in question I'm going to call him out with a bit of extra zeal that I would probably not apply to others.

He does seem to treat the forum as his personal kingdom/playground and seems to positively revel in the fact that he - in his mind at least - keeps the place going single-handedly.

I've seen plenty of incidences when he bemoans the fact that nobody is taking part in a quiz, poll etc wonders aloud if he should bother then perks up when others 'beg' him to stay.

His responses to date would suggest that he cannot handle criticism - constructive, deserved or otherwise.

Maybe he's a stable genius?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.