Adam Forshaw- Joins Plymouth

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Adam Forshaw

Post by Overman »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 am If you predict Leeds to win every game, then it is not an honest prediction, more like your heart ruling your head 64 (which you are perfectly entitled to do by the way) but no team wins every game. Most people (me included) predict the score on what they think it will actually be. This is based on current form of both us and who we are playing. There's nothing wrong with predicting a defeat if you honestly believe that to be the case.
👏👏👏
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:35 am Thank you Overman

I don't consider myself a negative type, I comment on LUFC as I see it.

If Leeds play well I applaud them, if they are poor I will say so. I don't believe in pussyfooting about LUFC or any other subject when things are clearly not right.

If I think certain players are out of their depth I'll say so. Fans rave about our U23's, personally I find that opinion difficult to comprehend as none of them establish themselves regularly into our championship side let alone being considered good enough in the PL which is a totally different ball game class-wise.

As it stands I've predicted Leeds to win every game in the Leeds Score/Scorers competition whereas some have us losing or drawing every game, maybe I should change tact and predict a mix of wins, draws & losses :)

I almost posted up an apologetic thread yesterday as it seem to be a pop at '64 day. As a mod & figure-head on MOT I leave myself wide open for criticism, other members make similar comments & are not contested. I personally welcome a wide range of mixed views, it keeps the forum interesting.
Long may you continue to comment on all things Leeds United as 'you see it'. You bring a wealth of experience and insight, that helps to nurture healthy debate on here.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:04 am So his defensive capabilities are 3rd behind Alioski and Dallas?... Find that hard to believe personally.

The reason I find the championship level argument so "annoying" is ...the whole dam team was only championship level when we came up... apart from a select few that has not changed...our system is our strength...Douglas woukd have served us ok imo untill we get a fatter cheque book...
Ali & Dallas have more pace & energy, Douglas is excellent with the ball at his feet.

I don't rate Ali as a LB, he is up & down like a yo yo & gets caught out far too often, I favour Dallas but the LB position is one we should be looking to strengthen come the summer!

As for the championship level point, we were without any doubt the best side in the 2nd tier last season skating the league by ten points. We came up with a stronger squad than WBA & the fortunate Fulham plus we had advantage of a top class coach at the helm unlike the other two promoted clubs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:14 am Long may you continue to comment on all things Leeds United as 'you see it'. You bring a wealth of experience and insight, that helps to nurture healthy debate on here.
Thanks Overman, much appreciated ( I can be trying at times) :lol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:18 am Ali & Dallas have more pace & energy, Douglas is excellent with the ball at his feet.
So used in conjuction with Douglas... say Douglas starts 45 to 60 minutes...(or Dallas dependant on oppossition) with Ali as the impact bench player would this not have strengthened our LB position untill we could afford the replacement?... .
I don't rate Ali as a LB, he is up & down like a yo yo & gets caught out far too often, I favour Dallas but the LB position is one we should be looking to strengthen come the summer!
I to have advocated for this position since before the season started as have many on the forum, so you are not alone there, but releasing Douglas to loan we weakened our available options for LB IMO.
As for the championship level point, we were without any doubt the best side in the 2nd tier last season skating the league by ten points. We came up with a stronger squad than WBA & the fortunate Fulham plus we had advantage of a top class coach at the helm unlike the other two promoted clubs.
Not even sure what your point is there mate...
Now we have a discussion...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:04 am So his defensive capabilities are 3rd behind Alioski and Dallas?... Find that hard to believe personally.

The reason I find the championship level argument so "annoying" is ...the whole dam team was only championship level when we came up... apart from a select few that has not changed...our system is our strength...Douglas woukd have served us ok imo untill we get a fatter cheque book...
Bielsa must have felt he was, even when fit he barely used him.

Douglas was exactly what Wolves fans said he was.

Very slow, no positional sense, poor in the tackle but ok on the ball.

The standard of player and Wolves system protected him to a degree

Boly, Coady, Neves, Jota etc.

Very different being a wing back in a back 3 and a full back in a back 4.

Maybe he has found some form at Blackburn, but we were absolutely right to get rid.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:21 pm Bielsa must have felt he was, even when fit he barely used him.
Of course that is the deciding factor as far as the team is concerned...
Douglas was exactly what Wolves fans said he was.
Very slow, no positional sense, poor in the tackle but ok on the ball.
And yet I know quite a few who were sorry to see him go and he was key in their promotion push.
The standard of player and Wolves system protected him to a degree
Boly, Coady, Neves, Jota etc.
Debateable, but I see your point...
Very different being a wing back in a back 3 and a full back in a back 4.
well...yes!
Maybe he has found some form at Blackburn, but we were absolutely right to get rid.
agree to disagree mate...should have been given the chance first IMO.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Forshaw did not report for pre season training which surely means he is eirher not fit or leaving?

What ever the case surely he cant be considered a first team player anymore

When MB does the totting up of his undoubtedly miniscule squad surely Adam Forshaw's name will be excluded?

Counting him as a part of it would be madness
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Now there's a surprise :roll:
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

please leave
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

He’ll probably stay until the end of his contract and then look for another club, unless they pay him to leave?
There Is Only One United.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Really feel for him, must be so frustrating
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:37 pm Apparently Forshaw did not report for pre season training which surely means he is eirher not fit or leaving?

What ever the case surely he cant be considered a first team player anymore

When MB does the totting up of his undoubtedly miniscule squad surely Adam Forshaw's name will be excluded?

Counting him as a part of it would be madness
Good tbh. I was worried we wouldn't sign anyone and would rely on Forshaw. I'd rather see Shackleton given a chance instead.

We need to have a certain number of homegrown players, which is why he'll be included in the squad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surely Forshaw should do the honourable thing & come to some sort of financial agreement to release him from his contract at Leeds.

He can't expect to continually steal his wages making no contribution to LUFC.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I don't understand.

I thought it was generally felt keeping Berardi beyond his contract despite his injury was a good thing, good for morale etc.

Ending the contract of a player early because of his injury would seem to be the exact opposite.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:39 am I don't understand.

I thought it was generally felt keeping Berardi beyond his contract despite his injury was a good thing, good for morale etc.

Ending the contract of a player early because of his injury would seem to be the exact opposite.
Berardi would have been more beneficial to us then retaining Forshaw on our books.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:39 am I don't understand.

You'd also like to think your employer will stick by you in times when you are sick/injured! This is not Forshaw's fault after all, but very bad luck and I'm sure he's much more frustrated by it than anyone
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 am Berardi would have been more beneficial to us then retaining Forshaw on our books.
But maybe the rest of the squad and manager love Forshaw, maybe he's a great influence, maybe he drives others on. I think not standing by him would send out all the wrong signals and again just be so unlike Bielsa. This is a manager and a club that rewards loyalty, Forshaw was injured playing for Leeds, I'd be shocked if they dump him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:35 am You'd also like to think your employer will stick by you in times when you are sick/injured! This is not Forshaw's fault after all, but very bad luck and I'm sure he's much more frustrated by it than anyone
Agreed
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 am But maybe the rest of the squad and manager love Forshaw, maybe he's a great influence, maybe he drives others on. I think not standing by him would send out all the wrong signals and again just be so unlike Bielsa. This is a manager and a club that rewards loyalty, Forshaw was injured playing for Leeds, I'd be shocked if they dump him.
Just as we did with Pablo, Berardi & Alioski :roll: