Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 am Quiet game yesterday, MOTM the week before ... Keep for me at that price, maybe we can loan him again...
he wasn't even in most people's top six the week before let alone MOTM...

depends on the price for me - he's extremely hit and miss, but worth it as a back up if the price is right and always works his socks off. End product really needs more consistency though - some of his crossing/passing/shooting is abysmal and occasionally amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

One of Costa and Harrison should go for me.

So if we cant sell Costa then dont sign Harrison.

Both are ok as backup but we need someone closer to Raph's level on the other wing.

So we only need 1 of Costa and JH.

The £10mil for Harrison is ok but i do worry about his wages. He is already on 40,50,60k a week at City.

He absolutely should be nowhere near one of our top earners which £60k a week would probably not be far off.

So not overly fussed about which of Harrison and Costa we keep but not both.

If pushed id keep Costa over Harrison because i dont think their is much difference between them playing wise and Costa is good mates with Raph so that keeps him happy.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm he wasn't even in most people's top six the week before let alone MOTM...

depends on the price for me - he's extremely hit and miss, but worth it as a back up if the price is right and always works his socks off. End product really needs more consistency though - some of his crossing/passing/shooting is abysmal and occasionally amazing.
I know, but he was mine and that's all that matters to me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'd keep. 10 million is definitely decent value for his age and his returns so far. At times he looks a worldie and then others a plodder. He does have potential to develop further, and he has the right coach for it. Also think Jack could become another Dallas in his career, a very good utility player.

On the flip, I'd try to offload Costa as he's less consistent than Jack and more lightweight than Jack. Plus I don't think Costa has the ability to play in several positions like I think Harrison could with some more experience.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

Costa is a bit lazy at times as well.

Doesn't really graft to get back behind the ball and make himself useful, in the way that Harrison does, even on an off day.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:57 pm One of Costa and Harrison should go for me.

So if we cant sell Costa then dont sign Harrison.

Both are ok as backup but we need someone closer to Raph's level on the other wing.

So we only need 1 of Costa and JH.

The £10mil for Harrison is ok but i do worry about his wages. He is already on 40,50,60k a week at City.

He absolutely should be nowhere near one of our top earners which £60k a week would probably not be far off.

So not overly fussed about which of Harrison and Costa we keep but not both.

If pushed id keep Costa over Harrison because i dont think their is much difference between them playing wise and Costa is good mates with Raph so that keeps him happy.
If we sign a another winger of Raphinha's quality, Costa would have to go for me.

Jack as back-up on the bench!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:58 pm I know, but he was mine and that's all that matters to me
Haha fair enough!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:02 pm I'd keep. 10 million is definitely decent value for his age and his returns so far. At times he looks a worldie and then others a plodder. He does have potential to develop further, and he has the right coach for it. Also think Jack could become another Dallas in his career, a very good utility player.

On the flip, I'd try to offload Costa as he's less consistent than Jack and more lightweight than Jack. Plus I don't think Costa has the ability to play in several positions like I think Harrison could with some more experience.
Would tend to agree pretty much with this.

His corners sum him up a bit... Put the one for Llorentes goal against Liverpool so nicely on a plate for him...remember at least one against United barely clearing their first man's shin.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:18 am It's like this.

How much would we have to pay to replace him?

So keep.

Yes he was off yesterday(most wingers are inconsistent) but remember who we were up against.
That sums it all up.

There are better wingers at top 6 clubs, but not many as cheap as him. Take Pepe at Arsenal, 70 million and 150k per week.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 pm
With two assists from our clever little talisman.

Fantastic strike from Jack.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Would Definately keep Jack at the price quoted, yes he lacks consistency but this is his first season in the top flight, still developing in my opinion.
As others have said works his socks off and that is required from our wingers if we are going to press teams, you do it as a unit not individuals.
We need 4 wingers as injuries will always play there part plus thise on the bench are often provide good impact subs. Think MB appreciates a bit of pace and trickery on the bench to use against teams as they tire.

Raph is clearly a great addition and when fit a certain starter to the others are fighting for the 2nd spot. Saying that for all his magic Raph isn't the finished article he gives the ball away a bit and doesn't always pass when he should. His injury been an example, should have passed to Costa who was clear before he got crunched.
Would have resulted in a good chance and no injury to our star if that pass had been made.
It's not been critical of Raph its a positive, we've better to come.

Poveda is another box of tricks and think we will see more of him next year but will in the main be from the bench initially. Another great talent that has the potential to make things happen.

Costa looks the fav to drop out, personally don't think he's as bad as some make out but at same time can't see him been a regular in a top 6 team.
Has great pace and a bit of trickery but needs to produce more. Again potential of been a decent impact sub.
To me seems to never look confident in his own ability, real good players have swagger about them.
Hope he proves us all wrong though
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am Would Definately keep Jack at the price quoted, yes he lacks consistency but this is his first season in the top flight, still developing in my opinion.
As others have said works his socks off and that is required from our wingers if we are going to press teams, you do it as a unit not individuals.
We need 4 wingers as injuries will always play there part plus thise on the bench are often provide good impact subs. Think MB appreciates a bit of pace and trickery on the bench to use against teams as they tire.

Raph is clearly a great addition and when fit a certain starter to the others are fighting for the 2nd spot. Saying that for all his magic Raph isn't the finished article he gives the ball away a bit and doesn't always pass when he should. His injury been an example, should have passed to Costa who was clear before he got crunched.
Would have resulted in a good chance and no injury to our star if that pass had been made.
It's not been critical of Raph its a positive, we've better to come.

Poveda is another box of tricks and think we will see more of him next year but will in the main be from the bench initially. Another great talent that has the potential to make things happen.

Costa looks the fav to drop out, personally don't think he's as bad as some make out but at same time can't see him been a regular in a top 6 team.
Has great pace and a bit of trickery but needs to produce more. Again potential of been a decent impact sub.
To me seems to never look confident in his own ability, real good players have swagger about them.
Hope he proves us all wrong though
Have thought the same for a long time. He strikes me as the sort of player that needs an arm around the shoulder rather than a kick up the arse, reassurance that he has what it takes. Can't see Bielsa doing that, not his style, but a little sport psychology might work wonders with Costa.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Oh, and I'd definitely keep Jack. As frustrating as he sometimes is, he fits and knows our system and his first touch is sublime. Final ball/choice needs work but wingers are, by their nature, inconsistent. £10m is chicken feed, really; unless we touched lucky, we'd have to spend at least that to replace him and then integrate that player into Bielsaball.

Keep
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If you look around the Premiership there won't be many wingers who have scored and assisted as many as Harrison has. Wingers generally are frustrating but Harrison has improved every season and I certainly don't see him not continuing to improve under Bielsa. When you also throw in the amount of working back he does and he's not that easy to replace, yes you might get someone with more end product, like Jack Clarke looked to be at one point but then you would likely lose some of the defensive work and general work rate which is so vital to the Bielsa system. Also worth noting that Harrison, like Klich has been playing near non-stop for 2 seasons now. A good pre-season break could see him fully refreshed and really step it up even more next season. The fee is a bargain and could be the bargain of the century if he continues his level of improvement.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Does Harrison have a say in where he wants to move? He may want try his hand at Citeh for a season of two then we pick up up on a free. ;-)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 pm Does Harrison have a say in where he wants to move? He may want try his hand at Citeh for a season of two then we pick up up on a free. ;-)
I wondered the same. I play Football Manager. I know its not the real world. The 10 million fee is built in, but he always refuses to sign a contract. So it seems plausible in the real world that Harrison still has to agree terms. That said, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't want to stay. Aftervall Leeds and Bielsa have improved him immensely.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack back on song today with an excellent performance (apart from his shooting)

Screenshot 2021-05-08 18.06.57.png

Jack Harrison vs. Tottenham

84% pass accuracy
68 touches
31/37 successful passes
20/22 final third passes (first) :gold:
9 ball recoveries
5 duels won
4 chances created (first) :gold:
3 tackles won
3 shots
2 successful take-ons (joint-first) :gold:
2 successful crosses
2 clearances

One hell of a display :fire:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

The cynic in me wonders why Citeh are so keen to do us a favour through selling a young player with great potential for apparently far less than market value - especially as we beat them and drew with them this season...It's not like they can look at Leeds in a slightly patronising way as being a championship club anymore. I would think the same if I saw an advert for a second hand car at half or three quarters apparent market value - it would make me question the motive of the seller.

On the other hand Glenn Hoddle was singing his praises today, and given how much I rated GH as a player and now as a football strategist/pundit that makes me wonder whether Harrison may actually turn out to be a bargain signing. On the other hand I think about how nearly everybody on here was happy to see Costa signed. Wolves seemed to be doing us a favour at the time through selling us one of their best players...
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 pm The cynic in me wonders why Citeh are so keen to do us a favour through selling a young player with great potential for apparently far less than market value - especially as we beat them and drew with them this season...I would think the same if I saw an advert for a second hand car at half or three quarters apparent market value.

On the other hand Glenn Hoddle was singing his praises today, and given how much I rated GH as a player and now as a football strategist/pundit that makes me wonder whether Harrison may actually turn out to be a bargain signing. On the other hand I think about how nearly everybody on here was happy to see Costa signed.
One of many who can be cynical Chappel... if this was a regular deal and they were offering him at 10 mill I would wholeheartedly agree with you, but Jack has been with us now 3 season's...we know what he can do and know what he is capable of , some just mature slower than others... IMO we have not seen the best of Jack yet ...10 mill is a snip.