Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: KP to city

Post by Mountain »

A few months ago, Phillips agent stressed that he had no interest in moving.

Now, of course things change and we've seen footballers kiss the badge before. But think Phillips is more humble and grounded than most. I'd be very surprised if he goes while Bielsa is at Leeds.

The considerations for Raphinha are different. For starters, he doesn't have the same connections at Leeds. But doubt very much that Man City level clubs are lining up for him. Phillips has been doing it for a few years, and now at international level.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:13 pm Man city are ready to pounce for phillips (24) as a replacement for fernandinho (34)
If, this happens, we would be stupid to consider losing him for anything less than £75 million, then we could invest that money on three new wingers :(
First of all, get him on a massive contract, after that it's all down to the players and the clubs ambitions and of course ...dosh.
£100+ million. You simply don't have players of his calibre in the World.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Allrounder wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 am £100+ million. You simply don't have players of his calibre in the World.
I think you have to ask for more than that when you consider he's an English International, player, played more games than grealish did who went for £100 million.

when Rafa was at Newcastle we turned down a bid of £50 million for Sean and Matty Longstaff.

He needs to offered highest earner at club if you are to keep him, and he's certainly worth that, when you consider what rodders is on he's more important to the team than him.

Just my opinion though.

He is a big player for you're team wouldn't mind him at the toon but he's far better than us 😂👍.
Last edited by Bongo1874 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

But this is leeds and that kind of transfer fee I doubt we will ever see radzs will have a stroke when offered 60m for him
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Scoobychief wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:50 pm But this is leeds and that kind of transfer fee I doubt we will ever see radzs will have a stroke when offered 60m for him
Radz will have no issue with selling him as he has a 'cunning plan' to fill the void, wait for it......Forshaw.
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Scoobychief wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:50 pm But this is leeds and that kind of transfer fee I doubt we will ever see radzs will have a stroke when offered 60m for him
You underestimate that man massively as someone who watches you're club as a neutral, and is a massive fan of Marcelo, radz and the people that run you're club have done more in 1 season compared to Ashley at Newcastle / my club.

You're in talks to get a stadium expansion of 60 thousand? Bielsa asked for the training ground to be improved to his standards they did.

To let you understand my Scottish team is Hearts, between us Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen we all have better training facilities than Newcastle, how is that possible Newcastle are a premier league club.

I played the game at a decent level and played for my Scottish Team Hearts, you really have to understand the changes you're club have made since coming up to the premier league, the goal is to make Leeds a Premier league club, but that is no good if they go down, so you may have to put up with a few bad seasons, of just trying to avoid going down, then when you are established, push for Europe.

But you are definitely going in the right direction.

You are also in talks with a world class player, who is considering firing his greedy agent, who if you get him, would change you're status as a Premier league club 👍.

All the best Bongo1874.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bongo1874 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:43 am Just my opinion though.

He is a big player for you're team wouldn't mind him at the toon but he's far better than us 😂👍.
Are you going to the game tomorrow night Bongo?
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:25 pm Are you going to the game tomorrow night Bongo?
Sorry i didn't reply back to you before this, I was yeah, was in the Sir Bobby Robson suite tonight, now have to make my way too Dingwall for Ross County vs Hearts.

You should of had a stonewall penalty, Firpos miss was incredible.

Saint max and Almiron had a good game, but are wasted under Bruce, just wish cabbage and cashley would get to feck.

You deserved more from that game tonight, all the best for the season ahead 👍.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bongo1874 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:42 pm Sorry i didn't reply back to you before this, I was yeah, was in the Sir Bobby Robson suite tonight, now have to make my way too Dingwall for Ross County vs Hearts.

You should of had a stonewall penalty, Firpos miss was incredible.

Saint max and Almiron had a good game, but are wasted under Bruce, just wish cabbage and cashley would get to feck.

You deserved more from that game tonight, all the best for the season ahead 👍.
A tad disappointed again, a game we should be winning but in the end we didn't do enough. Did Darlow make a decent save? Felt like a defeat tonight
Another long journey home.
Good luck Bongo, not at our expense though 😄
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:30 pm A tad disappointed again, a game we should be winning but in the end we didn't do enough. Did Darlow make a decent save? Felt like a defeat tonight
Another long journey home.
Good luck Bongo, not at our expense though 😄
The James Cross that our defender nearly scored an own goal from😂, Bamford had a great chance, thought raph could've got his shot away earlier first half, which resulted in firpo firing it over the bar when it looked easier to score than miss.

Both teams will stay up im very confident of that 👍.
1964white

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by 1964white »

Sincerely hope Kalvin doesn't miss too many games this season as we would fall apart due to the fragility of our squad.

Screenshot 2021-09-18 20.39.33.png

Screenshot 2021-09-18 20.44.43.png
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

For a minute there I thought he was wearing a City kit

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BBC football gossip

Manchester United (scum, manure ) have dropped interest in West Ham's Declan Rice and will now pursue the signing of Leeds United and England midfielder Kalvin Phillips.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:13 am BBC football gossip

Manchester United (scum, manure ) have dropped interest in West Ham's Declan Rice and will now pursue the signing of Leeds United and England midfielder Kalvin Phillips.
Only a matter of time, even though Kalvin is one of our own, Swannie
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Surprised Leon hasn't mentioned this.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:52 pm Surprised Leon hasn't mentioned this.
Been otherwise engaged today Cjay.

Great news if we can Kalvin down with a longer lucrative contract.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

KP Out of England squad.

Post by Irish Ian »

Kalvin Phillips has withdrawn from the England squad ahead of the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Phillips, who has won 17 caps for England after receiving his first call-up in August 2020, picked up a calf strain in Saturday’s win against Watford at Elland Road.

He will stay at Thorp Arch for treatment with Leeds United’s medical team.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: KP Out of England squad.

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:03 pm Kalvin Phillips has withdrawn from the England squad ahead of the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Phillips, who has won 17 caps for England after receiving his first call-up in August 2020, picked up a calf strain in Saturday’s win against Watford at Elland Road.

He will stay at Thorp Arch for treatment with Leeds United’s medical team.
He always misses games does KP

Played 29 out of 38 league games last season.

37 out of 46 season before

His best season for MB was first season, still missed 4 league games and has got progressively worse.

All the more baffling that we didnt add cm options this summer.

Wonder if the club know that they fooked up
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:21 pm He always misses games does KP

Played 29 out of 38 league games last season.

37 out of 46 season before

His best season for MB was first season, still missed 4 league games and has got progressively worse.

All the more baffling that we didnt add cm options this summer.

Wonder if the club know that they fooked up
The reliable Adam Forshaw :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:25 pm The reliable Adam Forshaw :roll:
Oh year i did read somewhere that he may be fit after the international break . . . . .

Thats ok then

:celeb:
Signed

King Cjay