Leeds United VS 'Boro/Match day thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Muppet the Cat

Re: Leeds United VS 'Boro/Match day thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:47 pm We missed Hernandez creativity and ability to unlock, Saiz never looks the same without him and that last second FK may have ended up in the back of the nest had he played

On the plus side BPF grows with every game, some nice catches under pressure and commanded his area well.
Agree with that faaip, I thought he looked far more confident than in any of the other games I've seen this season :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 pm Don't read it then !
Some people prefer to follow the games on here.

If it isnt on Sky or they dont have sky or the streams aren't working for them.

Some people prefer following it here to Phil Hay or the BBC etc.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Boro are the anti Leeds.

They are big, physical, long ball, set piece chasing lumps.

Whatever works and they do what they do well.

But considering how they are everything we arent a point and a clean sheet is great.

If we do the same against Millwall who are similar to Boro id be delighted.
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

nickjett wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 pm Why Do we have this text based commentary in the match thread? I find it really annoying!

I choose to read this thread for opinions on the game, not to know there is a foul on a player. Or a yellow card etc etc
Maybe join the virtual Lowfields Road chat room then, people chat about the game and share their opinions? :bear:
Stay alert. Save lives. Don't tear the pants out of it.
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

Just got back from the game, thoroughly enjoyed it. What an amazing atmosphere!

I thought we played great and that's not being biased. Just seen an article saying 'lucky Leeds hold off woeful Boro' not true at all. Boro were poor, I'd rather be playing the football we did than Boro.

Ps Phillips seems to be getting better and better, he's like a general in midfield!

MOT!
M.O.T
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:38 pm Some people prefer to follow the games on here.

If it isnt on Sky or they dont have sky or the streams aren't working for them.

Some people prefer following it here to Phil Hay or the BBC etc.
That was my point Cjay.

If NickJett doesn't appreciate the excellent and informed comments posted by faaip (and others) then don't read them. Others clearly do value them :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

nickjett wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 pm Why Do we have this text based commentary in the match thread? I find it really annoying!

I choose to read this thread for opinions on the game, not to know there is a foul on a player. Or a yellow card etc etc
Yes, don't read it then....
The guys on here do a fantastic job in keeping those of us unable to listen to games so well informed as to what is happening on the pitch. I check in every game, and enjoy the commentaries immensely. If you don't like the thread then choose another one!
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 pm Yes, don't read it then....
The guys on here do a fantastic job in keeping those of us unable to listen to games so well informed as to what is happening on the pitch. I check in every game, and enjoy the commentaries immensely. If you don't like the thread then choose another one!
Try VLR swannie. You can read both you know!! :bear:
Stay alert. Save lives. Don't tear the pants out of it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Was out tonight so didn't know what was going on during the game. Really enjoyed reading all the comments from you guys when I got home...gave me a real insight as to what had happened on the pitch. Once again, a great job and Thanks to one and all :) :) :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:58 pm Try VLR swannie. You can read both you know!! :bear:
Can't manage two things at once bb :lol:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:40 pm Boro are the anti Leeds.

They are big, physical, long ball, set piece chasing lumps.

Whatever works and they do what they do well.

But considering how they are everything we arent a point and a clean sheet is great.

If we do the same against Millwall who are similar to Boro id be delighted.
Boro are an ugly hoofball team, but they still have talented players on the ball, Besic, Howson, Clayton. I don't think Millwall have any, they're just kick and rush.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

LUFCT0mmy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 pm Just got back from the game, thoroughly enjoyed it. What an amazing atmosphere!

I thought we played great and that's not being biased. Just seen an article saying 'lucky Leeds hold off woeful Boro' not true at all. Boro were poor, I'd rather be playing the football we did than Boro.

Ps Phillips seems to be getting better and better, he's like a general in midfield!

MOT!
Who said that? We weren't lucky at all, Boro didn't create a single chance. In fact their best chance was Ayling almost scoring an own goal.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:58 pm Try VLR swannie. You can read both you know!! :bear:
Just looked at VLR bb....seems complicated to this computer illiterate..... :duno:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I couldn't get on with VLR, last time I was there it was 30% innuendo, 30% non football related, 25 % yes or goooooooooal or noooooooo. Followed buy multiple repeats of same. You have to be watching the same time as everyone else (or listening) or you have no clue what's happening just from the text. On top of that I spent more time deleting a comment because by the time I'd written 20 words 25 one word posts had been made my point was lost.

Not for me.
Rod Stewart and Ron Wood look like somebody ordered the same rock star in two different colours.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 pm That was my point Cjay.

If NickJett doesn't appreciate the excellent and informed comments posted by faaip (and others) then don't read them. Others clearly do value them :)
No different from almost every other football club forum tbf :) (better of course)

I like to read through myself at the end of the game, reminds you of things you may have forgotten that dont appear on highlights.

Each to there own.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:07 pm Boro are an ugly hoofball team, but they still have talented players on the ball, Besic, Howson, Clayton. I don't think Millwall have any, they're just kick and rush.
Good side with some good technical players as you say.

I would hate to watch a Tony Pulis side every week, his style is not the most exciting.

But if your winning and picking up points then you wont care if your a Boro fan.

Good team Boro, be there or thereabouts this season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCT0mmy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 pm Just got back from the game, thoroughly enjoyed it. What an amazing atmosphere!

MOT!
Yet KP is still being dismissed on here. I counted five sublime long passes, also always prepared to take responsibility of the ball. Another assured performance from young Kalvin

Coaches like Pulis are killing the game of football. Imagine being a Boro' fan watching that every week :oops:
beeeje
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by beeeje »

Boro was really good in midfield.Biles had to change that on break.We miss Hernandez and i would love to see Saiz on a bench just for a game.And his position to be taken by Roofe and Roofe's position to be taken by Bamford ( It costs a lot of money in the end ) Also the subs was tooo late.But draw is a minimum when you are at home....so it was a good result.Greetings to all.You were amazing on the stands.I hate when you are so noisy, and at the same time the commentator can not take a rest for water :clap:
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 pm Yet KP is still being dismissed on here. I counted five sublime long passes, also always prepared to take responsibility of the ball. Another assured performance from young Kalvin

Coaches like Pulis are killing the game of football. Imagine being a Boro' fan watching that every week :oops:

Pulis was a pain all game, constantly at the 4th official moaning and shouting. I couldn't imagine paying all that money at year to watch boring footy.
I did think we were a better team, just couldn't find that finishing touch
M.O.T