Bargain topic

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bargain topic

Post by Sara »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:36 pm Lily Allen? the one who apologised on behalf of the nation for letting down all those migrants stuck in France just waiting to get over to the land of milk and honey?? Perhaps the kind of migrant who passed himself off as a child and managed 6 weeks in high school before children in his class questioned his age.... nearer 30 than 15!!! Lily who is known as "silly Lily" for her ridiculous opinions. I do try to separate politics from music but I make an exception in this case. :bear:
Watch Calais Children: A Case To Answer, it might change your mind. Heartbreaking.
http://calais.gebnet.co.uk/

I buy a lot of clothes on eBay, and recent bargains were a Joe Browns dress for £15, which I'd resisted in their catalogue. Also some new Dr Martens sandals for £20.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

A 1949 Plymouth Super Deluxe. Only thing that didn't work was the odometer. The paint was like powder and the chrome wasn't much better. Repainted the body with 1 gallon of oil based house paint discounted because it was Dunkin' Doughnuts Pink. Painted the chrome electric blue. Art work and its name "Big Pink" was electric blue . Total cost eighty-two dollars. It ran around Albuquerque, New Mexico for 3 years and made it back and from between Albuquerque and Los Angles 3 times. No repairs made. Best car I ever had.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2016/10/1 ... uxe-sedan/
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:25 am A 1949 Plymouth Super Deluxe. Only thing that didn't work was the odometer. The paint was like powder and the chrome wasn't much better. Repainted the body with 1 gallon of oil based house paint discounted because it was Dunkin' Doughnuts Pink. Painted the chrome electric blue. Art work and its name "Big Pink" was electric blue . Total cost eighty-two dollars. It ran around Albuquerque, New Mexico for 3 years and made it back and from between Albuquerque and Los Angles 3 times. No repairs made. Best car I ever had.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2016/10/1 ... uxe-sedan/
That Plymouth Sedan looks superb Selma :tup:
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:27 am That Plymouth Sedan looks superb Selma :tup:
I put that picture up because I thought nobody would know the car just by the name. Mine was exactly that one but in pink and electric blue without the whitewalls. It was an eye catcher, especially among the cowboys and police. In the below pink and blue:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 1952817786

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2112744420
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just bought a 2013 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0 TD (Black) off my garage we've dealt with for the last 20 years for £4500, Simon who has become a good pal over that time reckons he can get £1500 for my old 15yo Skoda so I've got a fairly new car for £3000. Online they are selling for 3 or 4 grand more. Bargain.
Looking forward to giving it a spin to Ipswich 😀

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:25 am Just bought a 2013 Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0 TD (Black) off my garage we've dealt with for the last 20 years for £4500, Simon who has become a good pal over that time reckons he can get £1500 for my old 15yo Skoda so I've got a fairly new car for £3000. Online they are selling for 3 or 4 grand more. Bargain.
Looking forward to giving it a spin to Ipswich 😀

very, very nice. .......... the car isn't bad either :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:26 am very nice. ......does she come with it :)
Mrs 64 would have put a block on the purchase had Rebecca come with the car :lol:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:37 am Mrs 64 would have put a block on the purchase had Rebecca come with the car :lol:
you have the car then and i'll have rebecca :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 am you have the car then and i'll have rebecca :)
:rol: :rol:

I tell you mate my old car was fast, but apparently this one really shifts being a VW 2.0 liter turbo deisel, also I'll get nearly 70 miles to the gallon :-D
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Where's the "Bargain" thread ?

Post by Gandalf »

Never thought I'd need to use it. When I do have one, I can't find the thread.

Anyway. The family decided that after all our latest trauma, we needed to get some sun on our backs, so we started looking at a nice break somewhere warm. We narrowed it down to Corfu or Venice, but the women couldn't decide which, and were moaning that the accommodation was only an apartment. My daughter suggested Florida, and I responded that it would be much too expensive.

Imagine my shock (and delight) when I found that we could get a 7 day fly drive to Florida, for less than the price for Corfu or Venice. So we are Gulf Coast bound in a fortnight. I can't wait to dip my toes at Lido Beach, and do the lovely walk that I haven't been able to do for years.

Mod - You can merge this, if you can find the original thread.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 08.34.28.png

Found this wonderful record shop yesterday at the top end of Scarborough, was totally unaware they had moved to that location after trading in three or four spots around the town. Record Revivals is run by a music enthusiast Paul a genuinely nice bloke.
Had a fascinating conversation with one of his assistants, a young lass who is a huge Bowie fan 8-). All their new vinyl/cd's at competitive prices are on the ground floor & to my surprise secondhand vinyl/cd's on the upper floor :-D

My purchases :

New
£5.00 Stevie Wonder 'Journey Through The Secrets Of Plants (2CD)
£2.00 Stevie Wonder 'Coversation Peace'
£5.99 Japan Gentlemen Take Polaroids/Oil On Canvas (2CD)
Secondhand
£3.75 David Bowie 'Earthling'

After my chat with Paul he said I'll pop downstairs & inform my 'Bowie' assistant to give you a discount so my purchases came to £15 :-D

I'll be back, can't wait as I didnt have much time off yesterday

Jill also had a good shopping experience as should got 10% off on some white skinny jeans for herself & a yet another pair of denim shorts she bought for me at M&S
1964white

Re: Where's the "Bargain" thread ?

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 pm Never thought I'd need to use it. When I do have one, I can't find the thread.

Anyway. The family decided that after all our latest trauma, we needed to get some sun on our backs, so we started looking at a nice break somewhere warm. We narrowed it down to Corfu or Venice, but the women couldn't decide which, and were moaning that the accommodation was only an apartment. My daughter suggested Florida, and I responded that it would be much too expensive.

Imagine my shock (and delight) when I found that we could get a 7 day fly drive to Florida, for less than the price for Corfu or Venice. So we are Gulf Coast bound in a fortnight. I can't wait to dip my toes at Lido Beach, and do the lovely walk that I haven't been able to do for years.

Mod - You can merge this, if you can find the original thread.
Nice one Gandi

Just what you & your family need I suspect after your recent traumatic experiences
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Just bought a Iniu Power Bank. It has many useful features and has a 3 year warranty.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Bought a CD today 10p !!

Young The Giant (2010 album) - never ever heard of them so not sure what's just about to go into the CD player.

:duno:
hector

Post by hector »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 pm Bought a CD today 10p !!

Young The Giant (2010 album) - never ever heard of them so not sure what's just about to go into the CD player.

You love living dangerously don't you mate... :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Bought a second hand practice amp today as I've been needing one for a while. Fender Pro Junior IV for £350.

My other exciting purchase this week was a tyre inflating thingy from Aldi, for £12.99. It works surprisingly well, and means I won't have to do my tyres at the garage, which is something I don't like doing.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Not sure if this counts.

I had a very small occupational pension when I worked for Guinness many many moons ago.

I left them 20 years ago to go self employed and rarely opened the monthly circulars about the pension investments.

Until this week when I found that I could cash out for £88k
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm Not sure if this counts.

I had a very small occupational pension when I worked for Guinness many many moons ago.

I left them 20 years ago to go self employed and rarely opened the monthly circulars about the pension investments.

Until this week when I found that I could cash out for £88k
Blimey Ian the drinks are on you :tumbler:
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

Brand new pair of DR Martens (Black) Made in England boots for under 80 quid. Result. :)
Yup, it's me.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 pm Bought a CD today 10p !!

you've been ripped off .