What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by becchio bear »

Alarm set for 6 am. Snuggled in bed for another 30 minutes and then up and out to Tesco. Arrived 7 am and went straight in. Got everything on my list, came home and put everything away. Fed the cats and the birds and now having a coffee. Work at 11 and then it's the Easter break until Wednesday. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
hector

Post by hector »

Had to go out to work this morning, so was around Salisbury city centre for around 7am, streets only a little bit quieter than normal... went to drop the keys back in the City about 8;15, it was quite a bit quieter on the roads, but I have never seen so many joggers at that time of day, nor so many dog walkers...... Don't be surprised if the government don't extend the lock down for another 3 weeks and give more powers to plod to enforce it.....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 am Had to go out to work this morning, so was around Salisbury city centre for around 7am, streets only a little bit quieter than normal... went to drop the keys back in the City about 8;15, it was quite a bit quieter on the roads, but I have never seen so many joggers at that time of day, nor so many dog walkers...... Don't be surprised if the government don't extend the lock down for another 3 weeks and give more powers to plod to enforce it.....
Lots of joggers, cyclists & dog walkers here early morning & during the day, dogs need their walkies :dog:

Lock down could go another six weeks pending on the rate of infection.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Just about to set off on a 35 mile solo bike ride around local area as my daily exercise, did the same yesterday, its a good way to forget about whats going on for a couple of hours !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 am Just about to set off on a 35 mile solo bike ride around local area as my daily exercise, did the same yesterday, its a good way to forget about whats going on for a couple of hours !
I need a bike :)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Up at 8am to let the dog out. She does her business in the back garden, which means we don't have to walk her until this evening. Luckily, my son had seen the state of my toe, when the wife was dressing it yesterday, so took pity on me and cut the grass. He will be walking the dog after work tonight, as well. He's a good lad.

Both my wife and son are key workers, and they are both now working from home. So I am relegated to the kitchen table, and unable to access either of the TV's or the comfy chairs. I am under strict instructions not to stream anything on my laptop. Watching the Stoke game the other day buggered up their internet connections. This was not how I envisioned retirement. I am now the tea boy.

Anyway, a bit of "excitement" for me today. I have a phone call at 10.30 to discuss my current situation with the Diabetes nurse, where I will probably lie through my teeth. Then I have to go to my GP's in the next village at 11.30 for a blood test, which is the final element before I can expect the date for my surgery, once they have the results. It is the first time in two weeks that I have been outside the house. I will also nip in to the Co-op next door, as we are low on bread and milk. Oh, what fun.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Up at 6, after breakfast had an hour on the work laptop and then went into Leeds ,it was spookily quiet and took around 15 mins as opposed to the usual 45-60 mins. Very few people about hardly any vehicles although there was a large number of virtually empty buses running which seems a bit pointless and a waste of money.
What would have taken most of the day I got done in around 2 hours, now back home, bit more laptop work then it’s 4 days off.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 am Just about to set off on a 35 mile solo bike ride around local area as my daily exercise, did the same yesterday, its a good way to forget about whats going on for a couple of hours !
You can't beat a bit of cycling to put things into persepctive, great excerise and clears the mind, I ride 5 or 6 days a week , always solo , it's my daily fix
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 am You can't beat a bit of cycling to put things into persepctive, great excerise and clears the mind, I ride 5 or 6 days a week , always solo , it's my daily fix
Good to hear Velo :cycling:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:27 am Good to hear Velo :cycling:
Thanks Leon, you really should get a bike, the roads are very quiet at the minute, so no excuses lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Yesterdays ride in the almost deserted lanes
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am Thanks Leon, you really should get a bike, the roads are very quiet at the minute, so no excuses lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Yesterdays ride in the almost deserted lanes
Even more so on our rural roads round here.

As a kid & with my mates we use to set off early in the morning on our heavy bikes from Armley all the way to Bolton Abbey, coming home up the Otley Chevin was a killer although if you paced yourself two of us would make it to the top without stopping halfway up the steep road
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just back from our daily walk on a lovely day here.

Four miles today :-D

Learning even more about nature as Mrs 64 keeps pointing the different types of trees, wild plants & which birds are singing :)
hector

Post by hector »

If you see these birds singing in your local area, please let me know :) :)

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Velotrax wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 am You can't beat a bit of cycling to put things into persepctive, great excerise and clears the mind, I ride 5 or 6 days a week , always solo , it's my daily fix
Agree velo, I usually go out with one or two mates but currently on me tod. Probably one of the very few good things at the moment is that the roads are pretty much empty. It's been good biking weather last few days not too windy ! I will probably venture out tomorrow for a 30 miler.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:11 pm If you see these birds singing in your local area, please let me know :) :)

I will do Hector as I couldn't cope with those three little birds :)
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:16 pm Agree velo, I usually go out with one or two mates but currently on me tod. Probably one of the very few good things at the moment is that the roads are pretty much empty. It's been good biking weather last few days not too windy ! I will probably venture out tomorrow for a 30 miler.
t's great weather whether you are cycling or just chilling, just what we need right now, hope everyone is being sensible and staying safe.....the mighty whites are going up despite this lockdown
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 pm I will do Hector as I couldn't cope with those three little birds :)
Talentless knobs trying to use sex to sell a song................
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Similar to yesterday, powerwashing around my place. Had our stay at home extended by a further three weeks yesterday. Have to say it’s being meticulously followed in my area ant thankfully appears to be having an impact
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:30 am Similar to yesterday, powerwashing around my place. Had our stay at home extended by a further three weeks yesterday. Have to say it’s being meticulously followed in my area ant thankfully appears to be having an impact
Thankfully it seems the majority are abiding to rules in the East Riding too!

Talking about power-washing, we having to wash off the bird muck off both cars on a daily basis, plus our patio is often dive-bombed :(

Worked from home this morning & may do some later.

Some house cleaning to do

Another nice 4 or 5 mile walk, accompanied with bottles of water as it's hot here today

Sit & relax in our garden posting up the usual rubbish on my laptop :lol:

Goes without saying listening to my music too 8-)
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:16 pm Agree velo, I usually go out with one or two mates but currently on me tod. Probably one of the very few good things at the moment is that the roads are pretty much empty. It's been good biking weather last few days not too windy ! I will probably venture out tomorrow for a 30 miler.
Every cloud has a silver lining, It really is great to get out on almost traffic free roads, but you still get the odd idiot that skims you for no reason