What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Sara »

Been out looking at lambs all afternoon. I love their ears!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:24 am Been out looking at lambs all afternoon. I love their ears!
We have lambs here in our village.

We noticed lots of lambs when travelling around North Yorkshire yesterday
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I've never had lamb's ears. Lamb chops are delicious.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 am I've never had lamb's ears. Lamb chops are delicious.
You definitely need to try the ears, Harry!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

SaraM wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:07 am You definitely need to try the ears, Harry!
:) :lol:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

Today, March 28:

I read the posts on this forum; read BBC Championship site. I fed my sister-in- laws cats and tried again to teach one of them proper manners with the one that fed her. Then finally found a movie to watch about people when Ms. Selma’s friends come over April 1 for game night which is necessary because I am banned because I use “foul” language when I was asked to tell about a “learned” research librarian’s lack of knowledge about a defining event in American history. There were just too many F words. After several attempts I finally found a drama about people rather than zombies werewolves, terrorists (living on Earth or others from distant galaxies).

Having got that off my plate, I am free to work on Ms. Selma so she will consent to buying our son a very, very good Martin Guitar.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Going to see my local team Derry City play tonight. Anyone ever been to a league of Ireland game?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Doire_Boi wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:19 am Going to see my local team Derry City play tonight. Anyone ever been to a league of Ireland game?
Been a long time since I’ve been to a league of Ireland game, 2005 Turners cross when we won the title against Derry, but not been since as playing sport and go to watch Munster instead, a shame really, Shamrock Rovers look good this year sadly!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 pm Having got that off my plate, I am free to work on Ms. Selma so she will consent to buying our son a very, very good Martin Guitar.
Money spent on a quality instrument is never wasted imo.

Been practicing all morning as we are playing on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've also bought some Grover tuners for my Gretsch, but haven't plucked up courage to attempt fitting them yet. Going to a friend's gig tonight.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:56 pm Money spent on a quality instrument is never wasted imo.

Been practicing all morning as we are playing on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've also bought some Grover tuners for my Gretsch, but haven't plucked up courage to attempt fitting them yet. Going to a friend's gig tonight.
It never never is a waste. The sound, the playability, and the feel is where it shows. I have Grover tuners installed -- the precision of them is outstanding. You'll love them.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm It never never is a waste. The sound, the playability, and the feel is where it shows. I have Grover tuners installed -- the precision of them is outstanding. You'll love them.
Buy at the right price second hand and you won't lose a penny either.

I've always been content with the Klusons on my Gibsons. This Gretsch is nicely made, for the money, but has dog awful machines, hence the Grovers. I'd like the pots replacing as well, but I'm not doing that myself on a hollowbody.
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:37 am Buy at the right price second hand and you won't lose a penny either.

I've always been content with the Klusons on my Gibsons. This Gretsch is nicely made, for the money, but has dog awful machines, hence the Grovers. I'd like the pots replacing as well, but I'm not doing that myself on a hollowbody.
You have very good guitars. I was disappointed when I found out I couldn’t play any of them because my number 2 and 3 fingers of my fretting hand had been broken in the first and second grades punching thugs that jumped me because I sat with my friend in the back of the school bus (it violated Alabama race mixing “laws”). That’s why I have a big nut Seagull S6 Original and a big nut telecaster from a small guitar company that only makes big nuts.
The Martin for my son will be one of the D-15 models. He can play. I started the discussion with Ms. Selma today. Discussions are like the Mississippi River little by little eroding the banks until eventually the River has its new channel (I am Old Man River and she is Mother Earth).
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

be on the 9. 05 to leeds.
hope we smash the c**ts.
hector

Post by hector »

hiding my head in shame for missing the answer on "who am I" :poo: :poo: :poo:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

dezzy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:36 pm Been a long time since I’ve been to a league of Ireland game, 2005 Turners cross when we won the title against Derry, but not been since as playing sport and go to watch Munster instead, a shame really, Shamrock Rovers look good this year sadly!!
I remember that final game well. We lost two leagues in a row on the final day - heartbreaking stuff.

Rovers are looking solid this year but I still expect Dundalk to come good and win it.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 am I was disappointed when I found out I couldn’t play any of them because my number 2 and 3 fingers of my fretting hand had been broken in the first and second grades punching thugs that jumped me because I sat with my friend in the back of the school bus (it violated Alabama race mixing “laws”).
Sorry to hear about your injury, even if it was in a good cause! Hopefully you can still enjoy making music. Do you ever play slide? Guitars have always been a non-negotiable purchase for me; once I've decided I'm having it, that's it. I hope your son gets his Martin!

Today I will be playing at a nice, intimate session that runs from 2-6pm. The challenge will be to follow the match discreetly during other people's slots. Headphones for the commentary might seem openly disrespectful, to I'm hoping there'll be a decent stream, and I can watch with the sound down.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:31 am be on the 9. 05 to leeds.
hope we smash the c**ts.
Heading to Leeds shortly

Enjoy your day 63

MOT :scar1
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

To all of you going to the game today have a safe journey and I hope you get to enjoy Leeds stuffing scumwall well and truly!!! Come on Leeds....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 am hiding my head in shame for missing the answer on "who am I" :poo: :poo: :poo:
And so you should :x
Qwhack :cricket:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 pm To all of you going to the game today have a safe journey and I hope you get to enjoy Leeds stuffing scumwall well and truly!!! Come on Leeds....
Thanks Swannie
Half-hour diversion due to a nasty accident just before the Market Weighton
roundabout, road closed with a biker being treated by paramedics, air ambulance there.
Hopefully be at ER by 2.30pm