What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 pm Most women's shoes aren't designed for comfort or practicality.
No they are not!
Platforms were all the rage when I started work. I was on my feet for 7 hours a day. Stupidly I allowed fashion to dictate. I refuse to wear heels now. Flip flops all the way :lol:
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:54 pm No they are not!
Platforms were all the rage when I started work. I was on my feet for 7 hours a day. Stupidly I allowed fashion to dictate. I refuse to wear heels now. Flip flops all the way :lol:
I haven't worn heels for years. Got loads of shoes, but mostly boots for the winter, and sandals and Mary Janes for the rest of the year. Probably wear wellies more than anything else.
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Lived in wellies as a kid. No socks. Trendy.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Wellies never fit me..
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:07 pm Since COVID, lockdown and the advent of home working my whole wardrobe has changed, with parts of it largely untouched in a couple of years.

Pre COVID when I was in the office 5 days a week I was suit or shirt and tie, minimum. Things then moved onto Zoom or Teams and sat at a desk in the house (or office) people only saw you waist up…….so I’ve done formal meetings shirt/tie/jacket up top, but shorts and FF’s below.
On the days I work from home now (which is the majority) it’s t-shirt and shorts most of the time after my commute from the bedroom to the ‘office’ 😄
You've just nailed the change in my working attire perfectly Muppet!

There are suits, shirts and ties hanging untouched in my wardrobe since before Covid as well. I thought all that would gradually return but it hasn't, and I've realised it actually won't.

So, similar to you, it's been shorts and sandals/flip flops with polo shirts at best, but mostly t-shirts for Teams calls. It's a significant change and it's here to stay. The suits will only come out for weddings and funerals now.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 pm I haven't worn heels for years. Got loads of shoes, but mostly boots for the winter, and sandals and Mary Janes for the rest of the year. Probably wear wellies more than anything else.
I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:49 am I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
:shock: 22 miles in wellies! I grew up in a farming area so wellies were de rigueur in the fashion department. Pretty sure I spent most of the summer in them. There was a lot of :poo: about so fashionable & practical
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:49 am I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
I'm amazed that you can remember from that far back.. :P :P

:) :)
DILLIGAF??

I'm just WTF-ing my way through life......
Rook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Rook »

Watching Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk tonight. Come on AJ!!

Tomorrow, I'm off to Elland Road to watch us get battered by Chelsea.

An action packed weekend, with plenty of alcohol. :-D
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:57 am I'm amazed that you can remember from that far back.. :P :P

:) :)
Cheeky so and so :x
BlackHillsPaul
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

What am I doing today? Well, I took the old Harley Davidson out for a ride today. First stop was for Coffee and a Breakfast Sandwich at the Filling Station in the Historic Wild West town of Deadwood. Then down through the Black Hills to Custer State Park. Rode the Needles Hwy and the Iron Mountain Road. Past Mt. Rushmore National Monument. Lunch in Keystone. Then back home to Spearfish. It was a GREAT day in the Black Hills of South Dakota USA!! 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

An other sleepless night, after a day painting the flat getting ready for a whole new chapter in my life.......
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:11 am What am I doing today? Well, I took the old Harley Davidson out for a ride today. First stop was for Coffee and a Breakfast Sandwich at the Filling Station in the Historic Wild West town of Deadwood. Then down through the Black Hills to Custer State Park. Rode the Needles Hwy and the Iron Mountain Road. Past Mt. Rushmore National Monument. Lunch in Keystone. Then back home to Spearfish. It was a GREAT day in the Black Hills of South Dakota USA!! 8-)
Sounds like a superb day out Paul, and what better way to take in the scenery than on your trusted Iron Steed :tup:
Last edited by Azkal on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 pm I’m not a complete Philistine then, faaip as the shoes I wear most over the course of a year are those Clarks ATL Active Air brown leather sandals.

Also, you can’t really drive in FF’s 😄
I can :lol:

Nor me Cat, my flip flops cost £35

Shoes/boots price :( range from £45 up to £125.
billysboots
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by billysboots »

I’m sitting on the runway in Dublin airport waiting for my Ryanair flight to Venice to takeoff, birthday trip for Mrs. Boots. 🍻 🚤 🎂
There Is Only One United.
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

I walk miles in wellies, but I have good ones, Le Chameau. It's the only clothing I spend decent money on.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Between watching our game against Chelski, I managed to pack the last few bits up in my flat, so already to start my next chapter, my new partner has also packed her stuff up at her place and we are off !
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

velo wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:33 pm Between watching our game against Chelski, I managed to pack the last few bits up in my flat, so already to start my next chapter, my new partner has also packed her stuff up at her place and we are off !
Off where Velo?
Good luck on your journey wherever it may be :tup:
BlackHillsPaul
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Today's match kicked off just after 7am Mountain Daylight Time for me. I watched the match over coffee. Now I'm smoking some Beef Ribs and drinking some American IPA. Contemplating an after dinner victory cigar.... 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:59 pm Off where Velo?
Good luck on your journey wherever it may be :tup:
Back to my roots,Staveley nr Chesterfield, wemove in the morning, so will be off line for a day or so