Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 pm Messlier always looks to me like he is an outfield player that suddenly got put in net cos the first choice keeper got injured. Not sure what it is, his stance, the way he dives etc but is possibly down to his age and maybe he wasn't a keeper till his teens.

Did well today and hopefully will continue to improve.
As a sweeper he was fantastic today. He dealt with the crosses really well, catching and punching. And he made a couple of really good saves, especially that miscue from Strujik

Best stop now, this is the Kiko Casilla thread. He might get jealous
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

dezzy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 pm What’s he on a week? 40k? Not massive money, you’d imagine someone would take him? Hope he moves on and we can replace him
Certainly not a huge amount to a lot of clubs. I would imagine the likes of Rob Green, Joe Hart and others who have signed just to sit on benches in recent years are probably on £20k to £30k. Definitely suited to Spanish football or other leagues where you don't have as many aerial crosses to deal with.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If it's not massive money then makes sense to keep him as back up...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 am If it's not massive money then makes sense to keep him as back up...
I agree
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I hope Kiko has accepted his role as back up and is also doing it ... passing on constructive feedback as the most experienced GK to the young upcoming star... I was very impressed with Meslier yesterday, and I truly believe with the right attitude Kiko can be a good part of his progress.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

weasel wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 am Certainly not a huge amount to a lot of clubs. I would imagine the likes of Rob Green, Joe Hart and others who have signed just to sit on benches in recent years are probably on £20k to £30k. Definitely suited to Spanish football or other leagues where you don't have as many aerial crosses to deal with.
Maybe we want to keep him on the bench and he’s happy to fight for his place, unlikely though
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 am If it's not massive money then makes sense to keep him as back up...
It’s not massive money for established top flight clubs who have a higher paid number one, foolish for us to sit 30 grand on the bench if we can move him on and replace him
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

No one is going to buy him unless we pay at least half his salary for the remainder of his contract... so for me lets hope he accepts his role as back up for the reasons I have previously stated, that would be very useful.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

https://motleedsnews.com/fans-view/bad- ... eeds-post/

I am tired of this ongoing "social media" kangaroo court.

Kiko has consistantly denied it... ok he was found guilty, he paid his dues... 8 games
Did the FA call witnesses? was there anyone close enough to the incident to actually hear the insult?...Or is it a he said she said situation?...and she said won.

If the FA is serious about stamping it out... Lets make the penalty a full season ban, plus a loss of 1 years salary by the club...If found guilty (he said she said situations not withsatnding, actual witnessed proof needed,)

And to be clear... I am in total support of banning racist comments or actions, the only way to beat this is by very severe actions.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 am https://motleedsnews.com/fans-view/bad- ... eeds-post/

I am tired of this ongoing "social media" kangaroo court.

Kiko has consistantly denied it... ok he was found guilty, he paid his dues... 8 games
Did the FA call witnesses? was there anyone close enough to the incident to actually hear the insult?...Or is it a he said she said situation?...and she said won.

If the FA is serious about stamping it out... Lets make the penalty a full season ban, plus a loss of 1 years salary by the club...If found guilty (he said she said situations not withsatnding, actual witnessed proof needed,)

And to be clear... I am in total support of banning racist comments or actions, the only way to beat this is by very severe actions.
This very much feels like old news to me too Smudge. Must have been a slow news day...

I won’t pretend that I think he didn’t do it, and on balance I’d have preferred he left over the summer.

Having said that, the club have made their position clear and there’s no point in beating a dead horse. It’s time Kiko had a chance to redeem himself on the pitch.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting that the France FA took no action against the Spanish defender who Neymar accused of being racist. Similar lack of evidence I would have thought simply a case of 1 person saying they heard it and the other person saying they didn't say it.

I didn't for one minute believe that the player Neymar accused had said anything racist but that is simply because of the way Neymar comes accross as a petulant brat who would not hesitate to lie and ruin someone else's career. That for me is the trouble with the verdict against Kiko as it simply boiled down to 1 person saying they heard something and it means anyone in the future can simply say somebody said something. It was a dangerous precedent set.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Oh here we go....
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kiko made a post on his instagram after MB said Casilla wasnt injured and that wasnt the reason he wasnt in the squad.

This is the translation
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The sooner he f's off the better !

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I expect something has gotten lost in the translation
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

The agent of Leeds United goalkeeper Kiko Casilla has confirmed that he is set for a loan away from the club this summer.

‘In the next days, Kiko will move from Leeds to Spain’s La Liga on a one year loan’.

If true , that would make it almost certain we have a deal (or close to one) for a back up goalkeeper....

Good indicator he is on the move...he is absent from pre season training.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:35 am The agent of Leeds United goalkeeper Kiko Casilla has confirmed that he is set for a loan away from the club this summer.

‘In the next days, Kiko will move from Leeds to Spain’s La Liga on a one year loan’.

If true , that would make it almost certain we have a deal (or close to one) for a back up goalkeeper....

Good indicator he is on the move...he is absent from pre season training.
So we've got a backup goalie on Victor's shopping list. I guess Kiko will miss the opportunity to play in our annual one match EFL and FA Cup runs :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Good news. Massive wages off the bill and no longer embarrassing having him at the club.
White Riot wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:52 am So we've got a backup goalie on Victor's shopping list. I guess Kiko will miss the opportunity to play in our annual one match EFL and FA Cup runs :lol:
If they're only going to play two games a season, then we might as well just use Caprile, rather than spending money on an unneeded position.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:25 am Good news. Massive wages off the bill and no longer embarrassing having him at the club.

If they're only going to play two games a season, then we might as well just use Caprile, rather than spending money on an unneeded position.
Not all clubs pay the wages of their loan players SG.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:25 am Good news. Massive wages off the bill and no longer embarrassing having him at the club.

I'll be amazed if anyone will take his full wages on, would expect we'll still pay a percentage of them.

The worry is if Meslier gets injured.

We haven't taken the cups seriously for years, and fully expect it'll be the same this season, a run out for the kids and fringe players in two embarrassing defeats. This year's logic will be that we need to focus on league position and qualifying for Europe.