Gotta Be Cursed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Gotta Be Cursed

Post by Cjay »

Trying to concentrate on the playoffs (which now the dust has settled i am excited to be in). :)

But to be so close and to fall away from autos is painful :(

After 20 match days we have been 1st.

After 13 match days we have been 2nd.

After 11 match days we have been 3rd.

And 1 match day 4th.

Thats it, never been lower all season.

Norwich have been 1st after 20 matchdays.
Sheffield United have been 1st after 2.

Norwich have been 2nd after 9 matchdays.
Sheffield United have been 2nd after 9 matchdays.

Norwich have been in the automatic places for 29 matchdays.
Sheffield United for 11.
We have been in them for 33!!!!!!

Norwich spent 10 match days not even in the top 6, Sheffield United spent 5, we never dropped below 4th!!!!!

And WE are the ones who miss out! !!!!!!!!!!!

CURSED!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Gotta Be Cursed

Post by Irish Ian »

No need for those negative waves Cjay.

It isn't where you are in the race it is where you finish...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Don't beat yourself up bud. Only match day that counts is no 46.
Genuinely feel confident for some bizarre reason👍
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

The play offs are a nightmare
My local team were 2-0 up after 1/2 an hour
On Wednesday night at Altrincham

They got a fluke pen and equalised with the last kick of the match.
They won 7-6 on pens
It leaves ya as flat as a witches tit man :mfpa:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

liggy wrote:The play offs are a nightmare
My local team were 2-0 up after 1/2 an hour
On Wednesday night at Altrincham

They got a fluke pen and equalised with the last kick of the match.
They won 7-6 on pens
It leaves ya as flat as a witches tit man :mfpa:
As Twiggy used to say regarding luck "We could fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking our own thumb"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Leon is going to be cursed by everyone after he reveals the name of his alter-ego ;)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

We are cursed to have the EFL old Troggs in charge of our League, they do everything possible to disrupted our season and keep us in this league, those that don’t believe that just see which team/players got hit by bans following the Villa games, which team are likely to face a fine as well :duno:

I heard yesterday that Sunderland have had gates of around 35k once the EFL find that out they’ll be playing their tricks with them to keep them out of the Prem watch this space
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:12 am We are cursed to have the EFL old Troggs in charge of our League, they do everything possible to disrupted our season and keep us in this league, those that don’t believe that just see which team/players got hit by bans following the Villa games, which team are likely to face a fine as well :duno:

I heard yesterday that Sunderland have had gates of around 35k once the EFL find that out they’ll be playing their tricks with them to keep them out of the Prem watch this space
yawn, so deluded!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

danhirons wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 am yawn, so deluded!
Sorry you’re so tired try to get a good nights sleep and I’m only deluded if you can prove me wrong
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

We're not cursed, we overachieved with a squad that was just not quite good enough and ultimately ran out of steam. I always thought that might be the case, given MB's style and the lean squad he prefers. It is what it is, and it's been a great season. As for the EFL; I never bought into the idea that they were against us, but that has changed this season. Brentford, Spygate, Villa; on each occasion, we were ruled against. Canos headbutts Alioski, no charge. Hourihane punches Klich, no charge. Marcelo sends an intern to look through a fence on a public footpath in Derby, £200k fine and a xenophobic witch hunt. People can scoff, but the EFL have an agenda where we are concerned, no-one will convince me otherwise. Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get you!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm We're not cursed, we overachieved with a squad that was just not quite good enough and ultimately ran out of steam. I always thought that might be the case, given MB's style and the lean squad he prefers. It is what it is, and it's been a great season. As for the EFL; I never bought into the idea that they were against us, but that has changed this season. Brentford, Spygate, Villa; on each occasion, we were ruled against. Canos headbutts Alioski, no charge. Hourihane punches Klich, no charge. Marcelo sends an intern to look through a fence on a public footpath in Derby, £200k fine and a xenophobic witch hunt. People can scoff, but the EFL have an agenda where we are concerned, no-one will convince me otherwise. Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get you!
Like you i tried to never buy into the 'everyone is out to get us' vibe but you cant bloody ignore it.
No penalties in 18 months.
Bamford banned for simulation when we ended up getting no advantage from the situation AND irrespective of connection the violent intent was there.... but Ollie Watkins cons the ref into giving them a penalty twice in a season once against us and against Barnet? In the cup and gets nothing for either of them.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I know MB is as honest as they come but I hope he has learnt from this experience...the EFL will break all their own rules if it means LUFC will get punished so therefore if Leeds stand a chance of promotion whether honestly or otherwise please accept it graciously holding one finger up to the corrupt arseholes whilst sipping your champagne

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:14 pm We're not cursed, we overachieved with a squad that was just not quite good enough and ultimately ran out of steam. I always thought that might be the case, given MB's style and the lean squad he prefers. It is what it is, and it's been a great season. As for the EFL; I never bought into the idea that they were against us, but that has changed this season. Brentford, Spygate, Villa; on each occasion, we were ruled against. Canos headbutts Alioski, no charge. Hourihane punches Klich, no charge. Marcelo sends an intern to look through a fence on a public footpath in Derby, £200k fine and a xenophobic witch hunt. People can scoff, but the EFL have an agenda where we are concerned, no-one will convince me otherwise. Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get you!
Ditto but then we are obviously deluded :lol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:05 am Sorry you’re so tired try to get a good nights sleep and I’m only deluded if you can prove me wrong
The efl could literally not care less about us being in the championship....

Watch the documentary on Netflix about those people who believe the world is flat... No matter how much evidence you show them they still never accept that they're wrong!

I can go with perhaps the efl don't really like us. Which might be fair enough. But also not entirely sure that's true. But they certainly don't want us to stay in the championship 😂😂😂
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

This is just one side of the coin. Teams were out raging against us about spygate. The efl could have deducted points but instead gave us a tiny fine.

The hourihane punch is a tricky one, you can't really tell how hard it is. But perhaps harshly done yes, but what teams aren't harshly done by every now and again...

Bamford ban same as Gayle earlier on in the season for wba

Let's all forget roofes handball goal a d the other decisions that have gone our way this season!
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

danhirons wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:30 am
This is just one side of the coin. Teams were out raging against us about spygate. The efl could have deducted points but instead gave us a tiny fine.

The hourihane punch is a tricky one, you can't really tell how hard it is. But perhaps harshly done yes, but what teams aren't harshly done by every now and again...

Bamford ban same as Gayle earlier on in the season for wba

Let's all forget roofes handball goal a d the other decisions that have gone our way this season!
With spygate i think you are missing the point. There was no precedent for ANY punishment there at all, we technically did nothing wrong as we were on public land. How many teams do you think do this on a day to day basis? Probably all of them. They also dragged the decision out knowing full well that it would disrupt both the manager and the players. If i am right in thinking we had a poor run of form during the whole saga as well.
Again with the Bamford incident, its about context. Firstly regardless of contact, the intent to harm was there. Secondly, how are we the only team with players punished when it was Villa who started the whole ruckus in the first place? How has Hourihane escaped any action for a punch on Klich?
Dont really see how you can defend that....
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

danhirons wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 am The efl could literally not care less about us being in the championship....

Watch the documentary on Netflix about those people who believe the world is flat... No matter how much evidence you show them they still never accept that they're wrong!

I can go with perhaps the efl don't really like us. Which might be fair enough. But also not entirely sure that's true. But they certainly don't want us to stay in the championship 😂😂😂
The Worlds not flat 😳😂😂😂
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

It really hurts I've had sleepless nights sunk into dark depression,still feel that the players just bottled it,not overly confident about the playoffs,be nice too beat fwank the plank,but it has been a great season but if we don't win the play offs it's gonna be down hill again :verysad: