Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

0-0
6%
1-0
25%
2-0
31%
2-1
19%
3-1
No votes
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
No votes
1-2
6%
1-3
No votes
2-3
No votes
Any other draw
13%

Total votes: 16

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County. 2nd leg Semi Final Play Off

Post by SG90 »

Still the most enjoyable season we've had in a long time. Thank you Marcelo. Accepted after Wigan that it wasn't going to happen for us, just destined to never go up. I just hope that wasn't the last we've seen of Phillips, Jansson or Clarke, but MR PR will accept the first offer we get.

Shack to start first game next season, I think he's shown enough.

When it sinks in, we've got to stomach it all again.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Havent saw the goals yet but back in January I did worry that the clue was on the name.

Keek O ( the Scots will get that one )

I'm really hurting like the rest.

Time to rebuild now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm Should have brought Jansson on when it was 3-2. Knew Berardi would get sent off.
Should have brought him on as soon as we scored and shut up shop.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just saw their first goal.

What was he thinking?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Should have done.more in January as some said all along, whoever was responsible for that whether Bielsa or Radz has got what they deserve.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I said I didn't want Derby as they'd get a lucky win, the media will turn Lampard into a managerial genius and he'd be all smug about it afterwards. Either way, one of him or Terry will be in tears and the loser will get a nine point deduction so happy days.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm Should have brought Jansson on when it was 3-2. Knew Berardi would get sent off.
Why didn't he start?..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 pm Why didn't he start?..
Most on here didn't want to change.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Casilla should hand back his wages and pack his bags. We bang on about strengthening in the January window but we actually were weakened..

The lad who moved to Swindon. Saiz ( ok he went just before iirc ) and that bloody useless keeper from Spain.

I wanted to say that in Feb but he was the recipient of too much love then.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:Casilla should hand back his wages and pack his bags. We bang on about strengthening in the January window but we actually were weakened..

The lad who moved to Swindon. Saiz ( ok he went just before iirc ) and that bloody useless keeper from Spain.

I wanted to say that in Feb but he was the recipient of too much love then.
Hes a fraud. No wonder Real let him go. More defeats, more goals conceded and now cost us the playoffs. I wouldn't care less if he never played again, 50k a week pfff ! Reckon BPF has learnt fook all from him apart from how to look like a clown.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:06 pm Should have done.more in January as some said all along, whoever was responsible for that whether Bielsa or Radz has got what they deserve.
I felt this way and said so back in February about lack of investment. Hopefully Radz has learnt a lesson cause this squad has punched above there weight.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just hurts knowing that it's one team who cheated ffp will get off scott free with a measley fine. Either one or Terry or Lampard will be in tears and nine points down next season so at least that's good.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 pm Most on here didn't want to change.
We don't pick the team..As good as Beradi was in the first leg you play your best players ...Which is why I'm still wondering how Roofe got switched for Bamford
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 pm I said I didn't want Derby as they'd get a lucky win, the media will turn Lampard into a managerial genius and he'd be all smug about it afterwards. Either way, one of him or Terry will be in tears and the loser will get a nine point deduction so happy days.
Point deduction? Have I missed a joke somewhere? :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cooper when the team needed him to lead showed that he is and always will be an average cb.

To many players who ideally should be squad players and it told in the end imo.

Months and months of jokes from other fans and empty promises from the board I'm sure.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

leedsmad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm I felt this way and said so back in February about lack of investment. Hopefully Radz has learnt a lesson cause this squad has punched above there weight.
Same here mate.

No he wont have, he will always do minimum investment in players (sell to buy )

He had the chance in January to take a risk and didnt so.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 pm Point deduction? Have I missed a joke somewhere? :duno:
It's common knowledge Villa, Derby and the Wendies have all failed ffp and avoided revealing their accounts to get in the playoffs and avoid the same punishment as Birmingham.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm Which one of us was it that said at the time of the Spygate row "It's my worst nightmare that we end up playing and losing to Derby in the playoffs and that the Derby Spygate would come back to haunt us" :duno:.....I can't remember but someone said it
Can't remember if I said it, but certainly thought it. After the first leg I thought we'd regained our composure, but we threw it away tonight. Feel absolutely sick.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Bielsa looks broken in his interview - breaking me too :cry:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leedsmad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm I felt this way and said so back in February about lack of investment. Hopefully Radz has learnt a lesson cause this squad has punched above there weight.
I don't think there's an argument there, we've sat on Shackleton all season and I'm convinced there are other quality players playing under 23 football. At the end of the day this is down to MB who's brilliance got us into position but who's intransigence ultimately cost us..I don't think he's ever had to play that many games played at that intensity in his career. He has to learn to switch things around a bit at times to keep players a little fresher and blood some of the youth..