2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we're obligated on Costa, loan this season but we pay 15M irrespective of promotion so we have to cover that a little if we fail to get promotion. Mujica was a free as was his pal and McCarron would have been a fairly nominal payment I would think, less than a mill
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:59 pm Anyone know whats happening with Eunan o'kane and Pawel cibicki? Both players with no chance at leeds even in the under 23's but they are not that bad that no one would be interested in them.
Not to mention De Bock and Anita. Are they still on the books or not?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

I believe Anita has bought out his contract.
De Bock is for sale but no takers, talk that they may just let him go on a free.
Cibiki has come back from Elsborg, they want him but can't afford him, Biesla will take a look at him as there's decent reports about him coming out of Sweden but good chance he'll be moved on.
Pearson trying to find a loan deal.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

THe few games he played / came on as sub season before last - i actually thought he looked quite a tidy player ... i expect im in the minority there - But he looked to have one of the better deliveries into the box that alot of what weve had. (This could also be down to the fact that we were used to s**t players at the time too)...

Am i right in thinking he was very close to jansson too? I wonder if that will have an effect.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

From memory he looked good with his crosses but did very little off the ball. Unless he has added workrate to his game I don't think he'd be a Bielsa player.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Semi Ajayi closing in on a move to WBA for 1mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know im a pessimist and the window isnt shut yet but is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu?

As it stands we will be going in to a new season short in key areas (again).

The club are banging the youth player drum (again).

We already have injuries (Forshaw, Dallas, Ayling, Robeets).

We are hoping new players will be decent rather then having any real track record (White has never played above league 1, Harrison was very average last season, Clarke flashed in parts) it seems very similar to last season when we hoped Pulis was wrong about Baker and Harrison might be good because he played for Man City and Brown might get fit.

Just seems to me that the club have learned nothing.

Costa is class but apart from him their isnt much to give hope past blind optimism.

Of course maybe we will get the 2 or 3 players we need but atm i cant shake the feeling that ive seen this summer before and we know how it ends.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:13 am From memory he looked good with his crosses but did very little off the ball. Unless he has added workrate to his game I don't think he'd be a Bielsa player.
Alright with the ball at feet, just couldn't defend, mind we've still got a few of those now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am I know im a pessimist and the window isnt shut yet but is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu?

As it stands we will be going in to a new season short in key areas (again).

The club are banging the youth player drum (again).

We already have injuries (Forshaw, Dallas, Ayling, Robeets).

We are hoping new players will be decent rather then having any real track record (White has never played above league 1, Harrison was very average last season, Clarke flashed in parts) it seems very similar to last season when we hoped Pulis was wrong about Baker and Harrison might be good because he played for Man City and Brown might get fit.

Just seems to me that the club have learned nothing.

Costa is class but apart from him their isnt much to give hope past blind optimism.

Of course maybe we will get the 2 or 3 players we need but atm i cant shake the feeling that ive seen this summer before and we know how it ends.
I'll hold fire for now as the window is still open but I see where you're coming from Cjay.

Did i read somewhere we were going to get our transfer business done early ?

Four injuries already is a major concern. I doubt Bamford will last five minutes too !

Lets hope we use some of that £20m well.

I'm more interested in us winning the championship than the U23 league
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One other point....what if Costa picks up a serious injury early doors

Where does that leave us ?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I think the business has been good tbf.

Costa is an excellent signing. We know what we're getting with Clarke and Harrison, and hopefully both will improve/find more consistency.

White is untested at this level, but from what I've seen he looks a very tidy defender. Just hope he doesn't get ideas above his station and end up on the edge of the opponent's box too often like he did vs. Tadcaster!

Another CB to replace Jansson is something I'd want, but I'm not sure Bielsa will go for. Maybe a striker too, but again I think Bielsa us fairly happy there.

We currently have around £5-7m in the kitty, depending on reported transfer fees. Clarke was the FFP sale and we paid for Costa up front. Saiz, Ekuban and Jansson fees are excess as far as Phil Hay thinks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:50 am I think the business has been good tbf.

Costa is an excellent signing. We know what we're getting with Clarke and Harrison, and hopefully both will improve/find more consistency.

White is untested at this level, but from what I've seen he looks a very tidy defender. Just hope he doesn't get ideas above his station and end up on the edge of the opponent's box too often like he did vs. Tadcaster!

Another CB to replace Jansson is something I'd want, but I'm not sure Bielsa will go for. Maybe a striker too, but again I think Bielsa us fairly happy there.

We currently have around £5-7m in the kitty, depending on reported transfer fees. Clarke was the FFP sale and we paid for Costa up front. Saiz, Ekuban and Jansson fees are excess as far as Phil Hay thinks.
The business has been good Tom

Just feel we require a couple or maybe three quality signings. Still need another experienced CB, we have no one to step into Pablo's shoes should he need resting, a decent goal scoring No.10 would be good. Unsure about our LB position & unconvinced we have a 25 goals striker in our ranks.

I maybe wrong, only commenting on our deficiencies from last season
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Good point re: a number 10. Maybe Roberts/Bogusz can step into that hole. Klich did okay there, so if we play Forshaw/Shack in the middle, he might do a job.

Both Roofe and Bamford were on for about 25 if you extrapolate to ignore injuries. Think Roofe is more likely, but had Bamford buried a few chances he could have had about 20 anyway!

Every club needs a 25+ goal striker in this division as well, so it's going to be expensive to get (a proven) one.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Seen a lot of twitter chatter last night that we should be looking at Krystian Bielik, who has been released by Arsenal. I know nothing about the lad, so don't know whether we should be or not. Anybody? And by anybody, I mean Cjay, who seems to know every player in all 4 leagues!! ;-)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:11 pm Seen a lot of twitter chatter last night that we should be looking at Krystian Bielik, who has been released by Arsenal. I know nothing about the lad, so don't know whether we should be or not. Anybody? And by anybody, I mean Cjay, who seems to know every player in all 4 leagues!! ;-)
Know nothing about him Nick
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:31 am Good point re: a number 10. Maybe Roberts/Bogusz can step into that hole. Klich did okay there, so if we play Forshaw/Shack in the middle, he might do a job.

Both Roofe and Bamford were on for about 25 if you extrapolate to ignore injuries. Think Roofe is more likely, but had Bamford buried a few chances he could have had about 20 anyway!

Every club needs a 25+ goal striker in this division as well, so it's going to be expensive to get (a proven) one.
I like Roberts, had a few decent games last season but Tyler is another one who is injury-prone (no training or pre-season yet) plus he needs to score goals if he is our designated No.10. I doubt Bogusz is ready yet !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 am I'll hold fire for now as the window is still open but I see where you're coming from Cjay.

Did i read somewhere we were going to get our transfer business done early ?

Four injuries already is a major concern. I doubt Bamford will last five minutes too !

Lets hope we use some of that £20m well.

I'm more interested in us winning the championship than the U23 league
Same, trying not to get to concerned but i see some saying we have done "good business" but i dont see that i see short term business no long term plan.

Ben White is at present a downgrade on Jansson, maybe he will come good but if you asked 100 football fans 90% would say that. And if he was so good why did Brighton spend money on Matt Clarke from League 1 Portsmouth, why not just use White if and when?

Jack Harrison flattered to deceive a lot last season and a few decent pre season games dont mean he will turn into Harvey Barnes or Harry Wilson.

Jack Clarke I'm a fan but he was our player and now he isnt, in effect we have borrowed our player back.

All 3 may turn out to be brilliant but all 3 are loans, what happens next summer?

Costa is our only actual improvement, Clarke and Harrison were here last season and White is a kid who we hope can replace one of the best cbs in the league.

At present this is far to similar to last season imo.

We are still a cb short, we are still waiting for Saiz to be replaced and we are still relying on Roofe and Paddy to find a clincal touch and for injuries to be kind.

We have moved out a lot of players but so many more to go.

I suspect the money we have bought in wont be used, or at best a tiny portion, said that weeks ago.

Here is hoping for a few bits of good news on the signing front next week :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:11 pm Seen a lot of twitter chatter last night that we should be looking at Krystian Bielik, who has been released by Arsenal. I know nothing about the lad, so don't know whether we should be or not. Anybody? And by anybody, I mean Cjay, who seems to know every player in all 4 leagues!! ;-)
Not quite mate :lol: i do have to google.

But not Bielik i do know him.

Young Polish Cb and occasionally dm, tall lad, good on the ball.

Arsenal spent a decent chunk on him when he was just a kid, 17, 18, they got him for a couple of mil.

Was on loan at Birmingham under Zola, did well but Arry didn't seem to rate him.

Spent last season at Charlton and was immense, MOTM in the playoff final (i watched that game he really was good that day).

Arsenal fans seem to rate him, quite a few deeply annoyed that he is being let go but players like Elneny and Holding arent.

He would be a risk but one well worth taking, we signed Cooper and loaned White who had less pedigree so why not Bielik.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:18 pm Not quite mate :lol: i do have to google.

But not Bielik i do know him.

Young Polish Cb and occasionally dm, tall lad, good on the ball.

Arsenal spent a decent chunk on him when he was just a kid, 17, 18, they got him for a couple of mil.

Was on loan at Birmingham under Zola, did well but Arry didn't seem to rate him.

Spent last season at Charlton and was immense, MOTM in the playoff final (i watched that game he really was good that day).

Arsenal fans seem to rate him, quite a few deeply annoyed that he is being let go but players like Elneny and Holding arent.

He would be a risk but one well worth taking, we signed Cooper and loaned White who had less pedigree so why not Bielik.
Cheers, Cjay! Sounds like he is someone we should be looking at, maybe Klich could have a word?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am Costa is class but apart from him their isnt much to give hope past blind optimism.
Although weren't you saying last season that signing Dan James would have seen us promoted...