2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Sara »

herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

SaraM wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 am Rafa Mujica

https://www.football-espana.net/78234/l ... afa-mujica
This ties in with reports I've seen this morning of him walking into ER earlier Mr Orta.
Young, hungry, Barca Youth. All signings excite me with our very own messiah at the helm ready to mould them into top quality players.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 11.28.23.png
Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 11.28.23.png (339.5 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:50 pm Is this a compilation of all the times he gave the ball away and fell over?
There was me thinking Youtube videos were meant to show their good bits 🙈
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Gandalf wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 am You're right. A good player, who would give us options in several areas of the pitch. Not sure that the transfer ban that Chelsea will be under next season will affect the number that they make available for loan.
Good point Gandi re: transfer ban, but I think he is still a fair way down the pecking order at Chelsea so I doubt he would be close to first team contention with the size of the squad they have.

Really hope this is the calibre of player we go for this summer.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gandalf wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 am You're right. A good player, who would give us options in several areas of the pitch. Not sure that the transfer ban that Chelsea will be under next season will affect the number that they make available for loan.
Didn't FIFA change the rules to limit the amount of loans a team can have out?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am This ties in with reports I've seen this morning of him walking into ER earlier Mr Orta.
Young, hungry, Barca Youth. All signings excite me with our very own messiah at the helm ready to mould them into top quality players.
More importantly, his name fits the La Bamba/Pablo Hernandez chant ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This is better vs Spain at the World Cup :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 11.28.23.png
One for next year surely?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 pm

This is better vs Spain at the World Cup :)
By about 5%

Gives the ball away, falls on is ass, does a lot of ball watching. I think he would get eaten alive as a DM in the Championship.

That is one position I think we may need to invest proper money for if we move Phillips on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:55 pm By about 5%

Gives the ball away, falls on is ass, does a lot of ball watching. I think he would get eaten alive as a DM in the Championship.

That is one position I think we may need to invest proper money for if we move Phillips on.
Oriol Rey! :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:55 pm By about 5%

Kalvin Phillips really struggles when pressed in this league, how do you think he'd cope playing against the pressing of Spain? Especially pre Bielsa.

A Phillips pre Bielsa would have looked far worse imo, the kid was closer to being the next Alex Mowatt then Lewis Cook.

I like the look of that guy, think MB could do something with him, potential bargain and given we are skint we have to look for players with potential on the cheap.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:02 pm Kalvin Phillips really struggles when pressed in this league, how do you think he'd cope playing against the pressing of Spain? Especially pre Bielsa.

A Phillips pre Bielsa would have looked far worse imo, the kid was closer to being the next Alex Mowatt then Lewis Cook.

I like the look of that guy, think MB could do something with him, potential bargain and given we are skint we have to look for players with potential on the cheap.
My opinion was based on both videos not just the Spain one.

I think though that we need to get older players on the cheap if we hope to get up next season. No matter how much potential players may have and how well Bielsa will make them play the younger they are the more inconsistent they will prove to be.

I know we need bargain players but that does not always mean youngsters.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 pm My opinion was based on both videos not just the Spain one.

I think though that we need to get older players on the cheap if we hope to get up next season. No matter how much potential players may have and how well Bielsa will make them play the younger they are the more inconsistent they will prove to be.

I know we need bargain players but that does not always mean youngsters.
I agree we need some older experienced heads, probably past their prime but still good enough for the Championship like Pablo was/is.

Loads about, but older players especially the calibre imo we need will cost big wages, can we stretch to that? Would they have the legs or fade like Pablo?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oh the player with Orta was not Rafa Mujica, he is in Gran Canaria atm (confirmed by Phil).
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:57 pm Oh the player with Orta was not Rafa Mujica, he is in Gran Canaria atm (confirmed by Phil).
He does look Spanish/Italian based on the skin tone. People are twatter are saying Forestieri but he looks way too young!

I'm hoping it's one of those South American superstar wonderkids. :love:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:20 pm He does look Spanish/Italian based on the skin tone. People are twatter are saying Forestieri but he looks way too young!

I'm hoping it's one of those South American superstar wonderkids. :love:
Not a signing according to Phil :(

Probably the nephew of Victor Orta over to visit his uncle or something like that :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Gurj wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am One player I really think we should go for is Reece James, looked an absolute beast against us on that fateful Good Friday game. He can literally play all over the park as he showed that day and financially wouldnt be a problem ; if Wigan could afford he's wages I am sure we could. Chelsea are bound to loan him out again, so this is an ideal chance for us to get the guy.
Absolutely - get him in.
I think we should get Izzy Brown back as well, if he's willing to come back.
I think he would be a different player with a full pre-season under his belt.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

If we are in for Chelsea loans then 19 yr old Reece James would be my pick
He ran the show when we player Wigan and in my opinion is better than Baker or Brown.
Strong on the ball and does not get shoved around, good at tackling, what's not to like?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would imagine Frank Lumplard would get the pick of Chelsea loan players if he stays at Derby.