Pablo Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:10 pm Maybe so, but what has Roberts done to justify his continued selection?
Does what he is told and trains hard.

That is what MB values

How many times have we seen players go through prolonged periods of poor form and never be dropped?

Aslong as you are like a robot MB will pick you.

Style is everything, do as your told and you are safe regardless of actual contribution.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I wasn't too enamoured with Pablo on Monday but for what it is worth, he was still our best way back into the game -- and he knew that too!

But if today was his punishment then I hope that is that.

Bielsa demands blood from his players, Pablos gives it week in week out, he has a role to play in this squad.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Fridge wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:15 pm Tweet from Pablo's wife...

Cryptic, so not much you can draw from it. But there ya go anyway.
You follow Pablo's wife on Twitter?

Actually the full explanation is right there. Its his wifes birthday
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just a theory but maybe Pablo was showing frustration with MB but was more his own performance and the result at the time.

He is Spanish, bit of a fiery temper traditionally.

Thats the whole picture she refers to, it was a collection of frustrations more than him trying to undermine the boss but MB didnt accept that?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:16 pm Does what he is told and trains hard.

That is what MB values

How many times have we seen players go through prolonged periods of poor form and never be dropped?

Aslong as you are like a robot MB will pick you.

Style is everything, do as your told and you are safe regardless of actual contribution.
You might get away with it in the Championship, but there's no hiding place in the PL.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I've got to agree with SG90 here, even if Roberts is great in training he repeatedly fails to carry it onto the pitch when it matters on a Saturday.

I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.

Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:17 pm You follow Pablo's wife on Twitter?

Actually the full explanation is right there. Its his wifes birthday
I must admit, I don't actually.

She has 5k followers though and plenty that I follow do. She mostly tweets about her brother to be fair and I only like golf as much as the next guy.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Fridge wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:25 pm I must admit, I don't actually.

She has 5k followers though and plenty that I follow do. She mostly tweets about her brother to be fair and I only like golf as much as the next guy.
I didn't know that part - assuming Sergio Garcia?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:39 pm I didn't know that part - assuming Sergio Garcia?
Yes

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:40 pm The explanation is right there. It was Pablo's wife's birthday. He obviously asked for the day off.

Not sure that is the case. Bielsa really didn't want to talk about it in the presser.

I don't get the impression that Pablo would miss a vital chance at Premier League game time for his wife's birthday, think there's more to it than that.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Its concerning.

Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.

I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.

It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
Koch-on cj

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Fridge wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:50 pm I don't get the impression that Pablo would miss a vital chance at Premier League game time for his wife's birthday, think there's more to it than that.
I was joking on that part
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:58 pm I was joking on that part
Fair play pal, didn’t pick up on that
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I've got to agree with SG90 here, even if Roberts is great in training he repeatedly fails to carry it onto the pitch when it matters on a Saturday.

I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.

Why not Poveda from the options available? Can't see what Marcelo does I'm afraid
My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:10 pm Maybe so, but what has Roberts done to justify his continued selection?
He's done nothing but that's another matter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 pm I don't want to pan the guy here because he has shown glimpses on occasion, but nothing to justify his continued inclusion - I caught myself saying "nooooo" out loud today when I saw him taking the warm-up top off.

I reckon the majority of Leeds fans reacted in the same why, for some reason TR is one of Bielsa's favourites

'Cut off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:33 pm My thoughts exactly. My heart sank when I saw him coming on i'm afraid. :bear:
I felt sick again :(

So disillusioned with the whole of the afternoon shenanigans tbh young lady :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 pm Its concerning.

Bielsa if you upset Bielsa he isnt against simply dropping you no matter who you are.

I hope they work it out because we need Pablo.

It was the wrong call, MB got that wrong imo but Pablo shouldn't question his authority but then again MB could handle it better, man management
Well said
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

No Jamie Shackleton and Pablo Hernandez. Can you explain their absences today?
Shackleton received a knock in training yesterday and Pablo is fit and he was not in the squad for today's game.

If he's fit then it's unusual that you don't involve him. Is there any issue with him?
I evaluate all the players for the upcoming game and I didn't pick him for this game. The decision may seem strange but I chose the 18 players who I feel are most apt for the game
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Apology from Pablo on an Instagram caption this morning:

”Apologies for my gesture the other day, it was a reaction that nothing describes my way of being or my way of thinking. I have always represented and will represent the values of this club and this fans as they deserve”

Let’s hope that’s the end of it now.