Pascal Struijk

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by White Riot »

Acquitted himself very well today did Pascal and a charming representative of our club :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGH7E9B3G14
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:34 pm The laydees love him :love: :)
What a lovely looking boy :)
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I still maintain Struijk is going to become a top player in a few years, and hopefully for us. Consistency will come with more minutes and no one can expect him to be on top of his game at such a young age and with (mostly) bit part appearances in no settled position.

He is good in the air, reads the game well defensively, and though off sorts yesterday with his passing, he is a good passer too. His excellent passing was evident in the DM position at the end of last season when he got a fair few minutes. I remember him sending Poveda free with a wonderful cross field diagonal pass along the ground, where Poveda dutifully set up Shackleton.

Also appears to have a good character too.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:40 pm I still maintain Struijk is going to become a top player in a few years, and hopefully for us. Consistency will come with more minutes and no one can expect him to be on top of his game at such a young age and with (mostly) bit part appearances in no settled position.

He is good in the air, reads the game well defensively, and though off sorts yesterday with his passing, he is a good passer too. His excellent passing was evident in the DM position at the end of last season when he got a fair few minutes. I remember him sending Poveda free with a wonderful cross field diagonal pass along the ground, where Poveda dutifully set up Shackleton.

Also appears to have a good character too.
Spot on have liked him from the get go...think I made a comment to the effect that he reminded me somewhat of Cruyff whith his lower body build ...I am glad he is younger
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pascal Struijk vs. West Brom:

121 touches
94% pass accuracy
107/114 succ. passes
9/9 succ. long passes :ok:
8 duels won
6 aerial duels won Flexed :ok:
6 ball recoveries
4 clearances
2 tackles won
1 interception
1 clean sheet

Faultless defensive display and excellent on the ball :clap: :clap: :clap:

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 08.27.53.png
Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 08.27.53.png (300.55 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am Pascal Struijk vs. West Brom:

121 touches
94% pass accuracy
107/114 succ. passes
9/9 succ. long passes :ok:
8 duels won
6 aerial duels won Flexed :ok:
6 ball recoveries
4 clearances
2 tackles won
1 interception
1 clean sheet

Faultless defensive display and excellent on the ball :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pascal did brilliantly mate, MOTM for me :clap:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

I think it would be a huge mistake to bring Cooper back in instead of Strujik, assuming that they are now competing for the left side CB position. Ayling and Strujik have formed a really solid partnership in a very short time, and what we need more than anything is stability at the back. I would be annoyed if Cooper came back in and we lost 4-0 to spurs with a load of goals conceded from set pieces.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:56 am I think it would be a huge mistake to bring Cooper back in instead of Strujik, assuming that they are now competing for the left side CB position. Ayling and Strujik have formed a really solid partnership in a very short time, and what we need more than anything is stability at the back. I would be annoyed if Cooper came back in and we lost 4-0 to spurs with a load of goals conceded from set pieces.
On the performances & results of late. Ayling & Struijk appear to be the best combination so far Chapel

I've been screaming for Struijk to start since Koch got injured, now we have two CB's who compliment each other, one excellent on the ground & the aerial presence of Pascal who actually wins important challenges in the air

Sentiment needs to be abolished from here on!
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:11 am On the performances & results of late. Ayling & Struijk appear to be the best combination so far Chapel

I've been screaming for Struijk to start since Koch got injured, now we have two CB's who compliment each other, one excellent on the ground & the aerial presence of Pascal who actually wins important challenges in the air

Sentiment needs to be abolished from here on!
Agreed !
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Excellent performance last evening and a player of serious quality. He has got all the attributes to make it, calm head, good positioning, good physical presence, good in the air and excellent with both feet. That position is now his to hold, and he will get better with first team football.

I’d be surprised to see anyone step in ahead of him now until his performance drops, based on how Bielsa picks his first team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Kind of glad we missed out on Gvardiol now, as it's allowed Struijk to develop. He will go right to the top. Be a shame to see him dropped if Koch or Llorente return this year.

Interesting everyone thought Hugo Diaz would be the star of that U23s side, but it's been Struijk who's made it to the first team.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:19 pm Kind of glad we missed out on Gvardiol now, as it's allowed Struijk to develop. He will go right to the top. Be a shame to see him dropped if Koch or Llorente return this year.

Interesting everyone thought Hugo Diaz would be the star of that U23s side, but it's been Struijk who's made it to the first team.
If we ever get 3 senior center backs available again. Yeah, he'll probably miss out. But just shows that there's no hurry to rush anyone back. Really like the way Strujik is developing. IT's fine because all top teams need 4 quality CB's and we look like we have that now.

Speaking of the 23's I think Casey and Cresswell will make the grade too. They might spend a season on loan next year but they're both top quality.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pascal Struijk vs. Leicester:

83 touches
55/67 successful passes (most on pitch) :star:
5 clearances (most on pitch) :star:
4 interceptions
4 ball recoveries
3/3 headed clearances :star:
2/2 tackles won
1 blocked shot
0 dribbled past

An impressive display and completed the most passes. :clape:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 18.32.56.png
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Back in his proper position and looks all the better for it.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Struijk, apart from a couple of mistakes was immense today when it mattered. Class CB and I mentioned after the Newcastle game it would give him confidence which it seems he's really building. FFS let's not move him out of position again. Also genius move by MB to switch Cooper back to LCB as I wonder if Brendan Rogers might have expected Cooper at RCB (Struijk being more two-footed than Cooper). Hopefully Pascal stays injury free but Casey and Cresswell will be stalwarts on the bench for a while which is great experience for them. If we're hammering a team I'd love MB to give a few minutes to Cresswell.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Well deserved Pasc :clap: :clap: :clap:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Just reading Robert Martinez has asked Pascal to choose Belguim over Holland for his international career. He's played for the Dutch under 17's but qualifies to play for Belguim as his mom is Belgian.
High praise indeed.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Fridge wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:40 am

Beat me to it Fridge :)
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Fridge wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:40 am

gessa wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:40 am Just reading Robert Martinez has asked Pascal to choose Belguim over Holland for his international career. He's played for the Dutch under 17's but qualifies to play for Belguim as his mom is Belgian.
High praise indeed.

Great minds...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Good news...you know I forget Pascal is only 21... the future really is looking bright ...