Pascal Struijk

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pascal Struijk

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:23 pm In Pascal cresswell and hjelde we have a good future.
Don't talk such nonsense - 2 of those 3 were signed by Orta so they are cr*p.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 pm Don't talk such nonsense - 2 of those 3 were signed by Orta so they are cr*p.
:)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

From Leeds Live today:

"For his performance at St Mary's, Struijk has been named in WhoScored's Europe's top five leagues team of the week. WhoScored selected the 11 best statistical performers from across Europe's top five divisions, and Struijk was named as the left-back in the team."

Typical. Our own players getting more respect and appreciation from other clubs than they get from half of our own fans. Thought Pascal had a solid game at left back last week. Plus he was involved in build up for 1st goal and (literally) scored the 2nd.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:46 pm From Leeds Live today:

"For his performance at St Mary's, Struijk has been named in WhoScored's Europe's top five leagues team of the week. WhoScored selected the 11 best statistical performers from across Europe's top five divisions, and Struijk was named as the left-back in the team."

Typical. Our own players getting more respect and appreciation from other clubs than they get from half of our own fans. Thought Pascal had a solid game at left back last week. Plus he was involved in build up for 1st goal and (literally) scored the 2nd.
I scored him 8.5 and third behind only Rodrigo and Aaronson, so doesn't surprise me. Very good game
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:46 pm From Leeds Live today:

Pascal was one of six players that scored 8+ in my ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Pascal Struijk call up to Holland squad.

First international call up.

I suspect they're trying to get him locked down before he plays for someone else.

He'll be joining up with his new teammate Cody Gakpo (oh wait scratch the last comment)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Great news for Pascal, love him to bits :love:

I guess Holland won't be playing him at left back, cos they actually select left backs, amazing concept :love:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Congratulations Pascal! Always knew he was a future international player. I still think in 3 or 4 years he will be a real beast, just a pity he doesn't have Van Dijk's pace as he can be as good as him otherwise.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just watched the whole match again.

How good was Pascal? he has settled into his new role & made the LB position his own.

Struijk not only defended stoutly marking Saka, he was involved in some intricate moves going forward down the left side.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:40 pm Just watched the whole match again.

How good was Pascal? he has settled into his new role & made the LB position his own.

Struijk not only defended stoutly marking Saka, he was involved in some intricate moves going forward down the left side.
I was very surprised Saka was in " Garths team of the week"
.Apart from the goal i thought he had a very quiet game
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:27 pm I was very surprised Saka was in " Garths team of the week"
Why am I not surprised :roll:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Madron wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:27 pm I was very surprised Saka was in " Garths team of the week"
Ditto
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just you and me I think, I've been saying it for a few weeks and he's now officially a left back and I've not seen many better this year. We might have a top 5 full back pair now... Add Koch and we have the makings of a very very good back line. Just need a little bit of help from those in front.

MOTM yesterday, and by a bit of a distance for me from Luis
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I've been impressed with some of the things Strujik has been adding going forward. In particular we get more going forward from Strujik than we do from Rasmus.

That may be in part to us channeling the left more. We definitely play wider on the left and narrower on the right. But pleased to see Strujik improving in an unfamiliar role
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I had a couple of tactical observations 64.

First observation is that both Pascal and Rasmus were able to get forward more in this match. Both were able to get into the attack in certain moments. Which made us more dangerous because we had numbers. And both were excellent defending.

My other observation is that we did not press as high up the pitch. Which allowed us stay a bit more compact. Does that track with what you saw at the match?
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:00 pm I had a couple of tactical observations 64.

First observation is that both Pascal and Rasmus were able to get forward more in this match. Both were able to get into the attack in certain moments. Which made us more dangerous because we had numbers. And both were excellent defending.

My other observation is that we did not press as high up the pitch. Which allowed us stay a bit more compact. Does that track with what you saw at the match?
Very much so, Paul.

Pascal & Rasmas were excellent defensively & offensively, both are big strong lads which gives us height & power at the back & going forward.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:37 pm Just you and me I think, I've been saying it for a few weeks and he's now officially a left back and I've not seen many better this year. We might have a top 5 full back pair now... Add Koch and we have the makings of a very very good back line. Just need a little bit of help from those in front.

MOTM yesterday, and by a bit of a distance for me from Luis
Agree :tup:

Koch is another one who has been immense since he's had a good run of games in his natural position.
1964white

Re: Pascal Struijk - INJURED!!!!

Post by 1964white »

One of our best players on Sunday & throughout the season.

Injured & misses the Leicester game.

When will our luck change?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:07 pm One of our best players on Sunday & throughout the season.

OH FFS. Not Pascal. F..k it 🙄
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:07 pm One of our best players on Sunday & throughout the season.

That is a huge blow 64

You make your own luck and we are not very good at it.