The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th July) - Klich, FFP, Phillips and Captain Cooper

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th July) - Klich, FFP, Phillips and Captain Cooper

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone, here is Monday 15th July's #LUFC Breakfast Debate.

Could Klich be joining Bailey Peacock Farrell at Turf Moor?

According to The Sun, Burnley are planning a double swoop for BPF and Mateusz Klich. We heard about the interest in the young Northern Ireland goalkeeper last week; however it is believed the the Clarets are in need of a goal scoring midfielder! Although Klich only has a year left on his three year contract, Leeds have an option to extend the deal by a further 12 months. The Polish international played 50 games last season, scoring 10 goals and nine assists.

Is Klich instrumental to Bielsa's plans? If you were to sell the 29 year old, what fee would you ask for?

Wendies exploit FFP loophole

Sheffield Wednesday have sold Hillsborough Stadium to a third party controlled by their owner Dejphon Chansiri in order to avoid FFP! They become the third club to do so, Villa and Derby being the other two. According to their accounts, the sale of their ground for circa 60m produced a profit of £38.1million. Without the sale, Wednesday would have reported a £35.5m loss, placing them in big trouble with the Football League.

What would have happened if Leeds had shown such a blatant disregard towards FFP? Have these three teams broken any rules?

If not, neither had Leeds regarding Spygate. It didn't stop the football authorities from throwing the book at them!

Phillips contract talks update

Tottenham are hovering above LS11 in the hope that talks break down between Kalvin Phillips and senior officials regarding a contract extension. The Leeds starlet's contract is due to end next Summer, and the club is keen to extend that deal as far as they can. Although Leeds have slapped a 30m price tag on the 23 year old, Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy believes he'll have leverage if talks collapse. A rumour around Elland Road is that Phillip is agreeable to a new two year deal which he can break if Leeds do not get promoted next season. Thoughts?

Is Cooper the right man to wear the Captains armband?

Its fair to say that Cooper has his best season last term, but during the second half of the season when the squad needed to stand up and be counted, many fans believe Leeds bottled it! Whilst this cannot be solely blamed on the Captain, we all though that there is always a mistake in Cooper which the social media boo boys will exploit.

If Cooper strong both as a player and a Captain to guide us to the Premiership?

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th July) - Klich, FFP, Phillips and Captain Cooper

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning all

Kitchen is a key member of the first team and showed last season how good he is so no we shouldn’t sell him. Also like has been said on line is Burnley a step up from Leeds - no bloody way look at the size of their crowds

They haven’t broken any rules but just let Leeds try it :rant:

Keep saying this Kalvin doesn’t want to leave so if Leeds are fair to him he’ll sign and stay, also make him Captain

Coops I like him and as he proved last year there’s a top class Championship defender in there, he’s well liked in the dressing room but for me he’s not a captain and as I’ve said since a Kalvin broke into the first team he will captain us one day so offer it to him now and he’ll stay
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th July) - Klich, FFP, Phillips and Captain Cooper

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Could Klich be joining Bailey Peacock Farrell at Turf Moor?

Klich is pretty key, involved in a lot of out god play last season. Shack may have more oportunities this season but Klich is definitely in the starting 11.

FFP is a complete faliure, it does nothing to ensure clubs are run within their means and wont go into administration whilst at the same time it forces clubs such as Derby, Villa and Wednesday who have owners who can afofrd to invest to do creative accounting such as selling their stadiums. It owners have money, let them spend it.

I'm confident he will sign but if we don't go up this season expect him to be gone next summer.

The players seem to respect him, he certainly improved as both a player and a leader last season.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 am Morning all

Kitchen is a key member of the first team and showed last season how good he is so no we shouldn’t sell him. Also like has been said on line is Burnley a step up from Leeds - no bloody way look at the size of their crowds

They haven’t broken any rules but just let Leeds try it :rant:

Keep saying this Kalvin doesn’t want to leave so if Leeds are fair to him he’ll sign and stay, also make him Captain

Coops I like him and as he proved last year there’s a top class Championship defender in there, he’s well liked in the dressing room but for me he’s not a captain and as I’ve said since a Kalvin broke into the first team he will captain us one day so offer it to him now and he’ll stay
Morning Ratscoot, good question regarding Burnley. Klich is 29, and perhaps he wants to experience Premiership football?

Will he be good enough if he goes up with Leeds next season (assuming we do of course)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 am Could Klich be joining Bailey Peacock Farrell at Turf Moor?

Klich is pretty key, involved in a lot of out god play last season. Shack may have more oportunities this season but Klich is definitely in the starting 11.

FFP is a complete faliure, it does nothing to ensure clubs are run within their means and wont go into administration whilst at the same time it forces clubs such as Derby, Villa and Wednesday who have owners who can afofrd to invest to do creative accounting such as selling their stadiums. It owners have money, let them spend it.

I'm confident he will sign but if we don't go up this season expect him to be gone next summer.

The players seem to respect him, he certainly improved as both a player and a leader last season.
Morning YS, Undoubtedly the other players respect Cooper. I can't help but remember the amount of times Leeds players were involved in rucks (usually with Jansson in the middle somewhere). Is Cooper strong enough to Captain the side and at the same time able to concentrate on his own game so not to make so many mistakes!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Losing Klich will be worse than losing Jansson.

I have no problem with Cooper being captain
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich

Won't be going nowhere, he is a important player of Bielsa's team & will no doubt be in the starting line-up v Bristol City

Phillips

Kalvin is staying, he doesn't want to leave Leeds

Anyway the Leeds fans out in Australia have a cunning plan to shackle KP with chains on his return home after he has destroyed scum

Cooper

Can't see Marcelo taking the captaincy off Coops now, why would he want to unsettle one of his main players ?

FFP

This is a complete joke & obviously only applies to a few clubs, us being one of them if we step out of line
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Leeds and Saiz have mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

As I said, its a rumour tho.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 am There's a rumour doing the rounds that Leeds and Saiz have mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

As I said, its a rumour tho.

He was due back today wasn't he?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 am He was due back today wasn't he?
I believe so...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 am Klich

Won't be going nowhere, he is a important player of Bielsa's team & will no doubt be in the starting line-up v Bristol City

Phillips

Anyway the Leeds fans out in Australia have a cunning plan to shackle KP with chains on his return home after he has destroyed scum

Cooper

Can't see Marcelo taking the captaincy off Coops now, why would he want to unsettle one of his main players ?

FFP

This is a complete joke & obviously only applies to a few clubs, us being one of them if we step out of line
Morning Leon, you see a lot more of Cooper than me but to my way of thinking Jansson was the senior part of the central defence, and Cooper had to play out of his skin to keep up.

We need to be stronger than last season - Has Cooper got that in his locker?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 am Klich

Phillips

Cooper

FFP

I just think Cooper should just try and concentrate on his game, and less mistakes.

Every mistake he makes on this pitch dilutes his Captaincy in my option.
Sprake1
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Sprake1 »

Give Kalvin Phillips the no 4 shirt, the captains armband and a new contract.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Hopefully no more of the core of first team players will leave, only those who have zero chance of making the squad (Anita, De Bock etc).
The only one I think we can do without is BPF and that's because I think Miazek is a better keeper.
I still think we could do with one or two more experienced players in the squad but I think the likes of Shackleton, Bogusz, Stevens, Odour and Hossanah will really come to the fore this season. I'm still not convinced we are strong enough in central defence but there doesn't appear to be talk of anyone else coming in so we will have to make do.

FFP is just like any other rule, if there is a way to exploit it people will do it.
The Boro Chairman has already complained about it but I don't think there is any chance of anything being done.
People said it was just sour grapes when Gibson highlighted it but I think he was spot on.

Personally I would have Luke Ayling as captain but I doubt that Bielsa will take it off Cooper.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Burnley can f**king do one, Klich is going nowhere. Top player, and integral to Marcelo's system

FFP is a joke, a paper tiger with no teeth

Phillips will sign his contract extension this week

No issue with Cooper as captain, though I'd happily see Klich wear the armband
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 am Morning Leon, you see a lot more of Cooper than me but to my way of thinking Jansson was the senior part of the central defence, and Cooper had to play out of his skin to keep up.

We need to be stronger than last season - Has Cooper got that in his locker?
Morning Matt

Cooper had a decent season last season compared to his previous standards BUT he is liable to stupid mistakes & certainly bottled it a couple of times when it mattered.

Bielsa is happy with him so his place seems cemented for at least another season, I do believe this is a make or break season for Liam, if he comes unscathed well our patience with him will be rewarded. Who knows Matt ??

I personally still think we require another strong experienced CB to play alongside Coops but what do I know!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sprake1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 am Give Kalvin Phillips the no 4 shirt, the captains armband and a new contract.
I wouldn't argue with that :-D

Welcome to MOT Sprake
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 am Personally I would have Luke Ayling as captain but I doubt that Bielsa will take it off Cooper.
Good shout too Chilli :tup:

As I posted up earlier I can't see Marcelo changing the captaincy
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sprake1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 am Give Kalvin Phillips the no 4 shirt, the captains armband and a new contract.
Welcome Sprake!!!

Just not sure Phillips is ready.

I know BB was given the Captains armband when he was Phillips age, but he has already played 190+ times for the Whites by then!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 am Morning All,

Hopefully no more of the core of first team players will leave, only those who have zero chance of making the squad (Anita, De Bock etc).
The only one I think we can do without is BPF and that's because I think Miazek is a better keeper.
I still think we could do with one or two more experienced players in the squad but I think the likes of Shackleton, Bogusz, Stevens, Odour and Hossanah will really come to the fore this season. I'm still not convinced we are strong enough in central defence but there doesn't appear to be talk of anyone else coming in so we will have to make do.

FFP is just like any other rule, if there is a way to exploit it people will do it.
The Boro Chairman has already complained about it but I don't think there is any chance of anything being done.
People said it was just sour grapes when Gibson highlighted it but I think he was spot on.

Personally I would have Luke Ayling as captain but I doubt that Bielsa will take it off Cooper.

Chilli
Afternoon Chilli

Miazek was fearless during the second half of the Guiseley match.

Peacock Farrell was petrified of letting a goal in. I can understand that, especially when you're trying to impress the gaffer.