Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Today's Games

Post by visitingvillan »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:22 pm You have a fair point VV on players needing to go down to win a free. We had that exact case playing Chelsea in Elland Road. Poveda won a ball on the right wing and cut into the box where he was blatantly kicked by James ( I think) but he managed to stay up and tried to pass the ball. As a result he got no penalty. If he went down it was a stonewall pen.

Ayling is the one Leeds player that really uses the “touch in the back” to fall over, and he does win many frees as a result. The main issue is the diabolical standard of refereeing. If players knew they’d be supported when fouled and punished for diving, then they may just behave better than they currently do.

I still think we’d see more Villa players trying it on than most other clubs. Maybe it’s just Grealish’s influence....... diving, haircut etc.etc. ;-)
Yeah the officiating standard is just so low and inconsistent which forces players to go down more and more thus the calls about diving etc.

I actually vividly remember that Povada incident and was very bewildered that there was no pen given.

I think lots of villa fans are angry about the officiation today because thats now 3 pens in 3 for United against us ( 2 of which were pretty controversial) and it's been 10 years since we've had a pen vs United
Boo Radley
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Boo Radley »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm Yeah the officiating standard is just so low and inconsistent which forces players to go down more and more thus the calls about diving etc.

I actually vividly remember that Povada incident and was very bewildered that there was no pen given.

I think lots of villa fans are angry about the officiation today because thats now 3 pens in 3 for United against us ( 2 of which were pretty controversial) and it's been 10 years since we've had a pen vs United
Now that’s something that isn’t recent - Man U getting cheap penalties on demand. It’s sickening.

Plus they are full of divers! James was just laughable against us - he was like a two year old falling over with a gust of wind. Rashford, Fernandez, Fred, all the same. Rotten team!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Big Sam has 45 mins left to resign to keep up his "proud" record of never being relegated from the PL.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:54 pm Big Sam has 45 mins left to resign to keep up his "proud" record of never being relegated from the PL.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Schedule for next season's Championship have been announced.

There will be games on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

There will be no Wednesday games.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

I saw what you did there... indeed no Wednesday games hahaha

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Burnley take the lead at Fulham
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Burnley two up, looks like Fulham are going down
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Fulham relegated
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 pm Fulham relegated
Did say at xmas time that 30 points could be the safety mark, 35 points was nailed on for clubs staying up as the Blunts, WBA & Fulham are so poor. Can see Parker's boys or Big Sam's lot still struggling for points in their final three games.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hopefully we'll bash the baggies and you and Tatley will be there to see it.... :scar1
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Did say at xmas time that 30 points could be the safety mark, 35 points was nailed on for clubs staying up as the Blunts, WBA & Fulham are so poor. Can see Parker's boys or Big Sam's lot still struggling for points in their final three games.
I tend to agree Leon and you were correct about the 30 points, but sometimes, when teams are already relegated, they can feel free to just 'go for it', knowing that whatever they do their fate is already sealed so enjoy themselves. It might make an interesting comp some year if I could think up some parameters!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 pm Hopefully we'll bash the baggies and you and Tatley will be there to see it.... :scar1
Fingers crossed Swannie :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Manure v Leicester @ 6pm (BT Sport)

Come on the Foxes
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Stunning strike from young Thomas to put the Foxes ahead

Sensational goal :soccer:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Greenwood equalises :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1-2 :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:26 pm1-2 :-D
That's how its finished 64 :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:53 pm That's how its finished 64 :)
Yes a thoroughly deserved victory for the Foxes.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

visitingvillan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:13 pm Not trying to absolve Villa (cause I support them) of blame, but it's just the way which the game is played now. Every team (including Villa) does it because if they don't, they're at a disadvantage already. Actual fouls don't get blown for all the time, which is why players have to go down "screaming" and in a heap. Only way to get the ref to actually blow up.

I think that's part of every defender's defensive tactics TBF -- I hate when a defender is backed up in his own corner and feels a slight nudge and goes down. Ref's call that every time, its crazy to me.
Valid point VV... but there is Grealish...if it was an olympic event he would be the gold standard...and undisputed world champion ... :)