Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Today's Games.

Post by danhirons »

Another var nightmare in the west brom game tonight
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:09 pm Could they overtake both Fulham and Newcastle? Wouldn't that be something.
3 points in the bag at 3-0

Tbf a big ask to catch the barcodes who are 8 points clear of them with a better goal difference right now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 pm Another var nightmare in the west brom game tonight
How can these goons get decisions so wrong Dan?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How many physio's & medics were on the pitch for that injury, the baggies striker running around like a good 'un now.

I detest the last ten minutes of games with all the supposed injuries & the usual five or six substitutions

All a ploy to disrupt the game & waste time.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Torn here between hoping Brighton get sucked into the relegation vortex or Everton getting to far ahead of us in the race for the merit money.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:36 pm Torn here between hoping Brighton get sucked into the relegation vortex or Everton getting to far ahead of us in the race for the merit money.
I think Brighton are safe Ian so the latter for me. I love to see us leap above Everton, Arsenal or Spurs in the table.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm I think Brighton are safe Ian so the latter for me. I love to see us leap above Everton, Arsenal or Spurs in the table.
:tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

danhirons wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 pm Another var nightmare in the west brom game tonight
What happened dan?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:How many physio's & medics were on the pitch for that injury, the baggies striker running around like a good 'un now.

I detest the last ten minutes of games with all the supposed injuries & the usual five or six substitutions

All a ploy to disrupt the game & waste time.
Same happened yesterday with Son. The tinyest flick from McTominay and he's gone down like he's been shot and spent minutes 'in agony'. Far too much of this going on now and ruining this game along with VAR.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm I think Brighton are safe Ian so the latter for me. I love to see us leap above Everton, Arsenal or Spurs in the table.
Why not all three ‘64? ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Boo Radley wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:04 pm Why not all three ‘64? ;-)
Why not indeed Boo!

I'm sure we'd all be over the moon if we achieved that feat this season :-D
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:56 pm What happened dan?
var "couldn't work out if the west brom player was on or offside" and so went with the on pitch ref's call of offside because they couldn't get a definitive camera angle of the west brom player despite him looking comfortably onside
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bayern Muncheat are about to be knocked out of the Champions League :lol: couldn't happen to a better club :clapp:
Last edited by whiteswan on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

They are OUT! Well done PSG and Poch.....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:46 am var "couldn't work out if the west brom player was on or offside" and so went with the on pitch ref's call of offside because they couldn't get a definitive camera angle of the west brom player despite him looking comfortably onside
Likely too that the linesman probably thought it was onside but they have been instructed to keep the flag down then put it up after the goal is scored if they think it was close. He was probably playing safe by raising his flag to let technology prove it one way or the other rather than actually thinking it was offside. I don't know how they can draw lines at weird angles one week and then another week say they haven't enough cameras in positions to judge it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Manchester City make one change from the first leg. That sees Oleksandr Zinchenko start at left-back in place of Joao Cancelo. The Ukrainian played in midfield at the weekend for City's 2-1 home loss to Leeds. Cancelo is on the bench, as is Raheem Sterling.

Borussia Dortmund are unchanged from the side that lost 2-1 in Manchester. So Erling Braut Haaland leads the line, supported by Marco Reus and Jude Bellingham is in midfield.

Liverpool make two changes from the side that lost to Real Madrid in the first leg. James Milner is in for Naby Keita and Roberto Firmino makes up the front three in place of Diogo Jota.

Real Madrid make one change as injured defender Lucas Vazquez is replaced by Federico Valverde.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Who do you want to go through 64?
I was rooting for City but after their dirty antics at ER I'm not so sure now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 pm Who do you want to go through 64?
I was rooting for City but after their dirty antics at ER I'm not so sure now
I can't stand Sterling, not keen on Jesus & wasn't happy with Fernandinho's challenge on Raphinha but I love watching De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan, Dias, Cancelo, Mahrez play & I have respect for Pep so yes I hoping Citeh win Swannie.

I also love the fact we beat the best team in Britain possibly Europe :love:

Tbh Marriner/var annoyed me more on Saturday :x
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I see that the Liverpool idiots have been out on the streets of Anfield again. Booing and Lobbing objects at the Real Madrid bus, breaking a window. Utter idiots. They did the same thing when the Man City coach arrived for the Champions League semi. It shook the City players and Liddypool won, perhaps the idiots think that will work again.

Scummy idiots :x
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 pm I see that the Liverpool idiots have been out on the streets of Anfield again. Booing and Lobbing objects at the Real Madrid bus, breaking a window. Utter idiots. They did the same thing when the Man City coach arrived for the Champions League semi. It shook the City players and Liddypool won, perhaps the idiots think that will work again.
Scummiest supporters around with lots of previous for this sort of behaviour and worse.

Nobody dares say anything though or they bring up Hillsborough.

That was a tragedy but doesnt excuse the many scummy things those fans have done over the years.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom