Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

Foxes go top
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The look on Ake's face after Vardy back flicked it in.... priceless

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:19 pm We've had one :-D
That still feels like a lot. Be surprised if we get 5 all season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:21 pm Be careful what you ask for.

They are going to be one angry side on Saturday.
Thankfully they've got a game in midweek to come first
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:21 pm

They are going to be one angry side on Saturday.
Agree 100%
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Nice to be above Tottingham, Chelski, Citeh and Scum at this stage - early days I know but hope it lasts! 👍🏻
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Watching US commentary and they're giving Pep a bit of slack since he's without 2 strikers, Bernardo and Gudogan. For me there's no pass at all. With the money City have spent they should be better prepared. And they're supposed to have a great academy but they don't have a striker ready to start? We're nowhere near City in riches, but Bamford, Roberts, Rodrigo, and then I'm happy with Gelhardt to step up too.

So, I think Pep has no excuses right now. Moreover, regardless of the injuries up front it starts with their defence which is appalling and he hasn't found an answer for. He had a great defender in Stones and virtually killed him. He could be more versatile, play Walker or Fernandinho in a back 3. But he just doesn't seem to have the answer to fix things. Ake? Decent player, but surprised that was their big signing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bowen with a smart finish to put the Hammers ahead
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A brace for Bowen
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:56 pm Watching US commentary and they're giving Pep a bit of slack since he's without 2 strikers, Bernardo and Gudogan. For me there's no pass at all. With the money City have spent they should be better prepared. And they're supposed to have a great academy but they don't have a striker ready to start? We're nowhere near City in riches, but Bamford, Roberts, Rodrigo, and then I'm happy with Gelhardt to step up too.

So, I think Pep has no excuses right now. Moreover, regardless of the injuries up front it starts with their defence which is appalling and he hasn't found an answer for. He had a great defender in Stones and virtually killed him. He could be more versatile, play Walker or Fernandinho in a back 3. But he just doesn't seem to have the answer to fix things. Ake? Decent player, but surprised that was their big signing.
A squad worth 1.4 Billion!!!... No slack at all ridiculous... :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolves getting hammered 3-0

They may not be much of a threat as I initially thought :duno:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Pleasantly surprised to find ourselves where we are. We got our initial defeat out of the way first even though we deserved a draw so we're not looking over our shoulders waiting for the hammer to fall.
We're confident with occasional spectacular and it bodes well - a steady progression without shouting from the rooftops

Citeh will recover but I detect a hardening of attititudes towards them, deserved or not.
Leicester looked more like the team that won the EPL 15-16. Strange to see Mahrez score first and then Vardy get a hat trick against them. In 2015-16 it was MNC 1-3 LEI, Vardy and Mahrez ruling the roost and Mahrez scoring for Leicester. tbh I watched both games and I saw similariies in both games although it was before Pep and Rodgers.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:25 pm Citeh have far too much ability to take lightly John however I do believe we've a good chance of getting something out of the game
I think so, too. We can score on these guys.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I cannot believe the crap I am reading about Citeh's loss...

Like...
"Rodri: Man City midfielder says 'football has not been fair with us' after Leicester loss
Cry me a river you spoilt brat...

and even Pep...
"We started to think we were playing badly when it was the opposite,"
Who's fault is that then?

Even Simon Stone the reporter who wrote this...
With forwards Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus not due back from injury until after the October international break at the earliest, Guardiola needs to find a solution to the club's attacking issues
WTF have they spent 1.4Billion on then?

Another ace reporter...
Former Tottenham and England winger Chris Waddle on BBC Radio 5 Live: "It's the team with the biggest and fittest squad, with the least amount of injuries, that will win this league.
Fittest and least injuries maybe,... size of squad how big do you want them to be , in the case of Citeh ?

And this gem also from Waddle...
"Manchester City have games like this when it is too slow and too predictable. Pep would have been thinking that if you score two goals at home to Leicester you win the game. But I would say he needs another three or four good players to compete
:lol: unbelievable... Based on that , any Sunday league team in the country can beat Citeh :lol:

The solution...
Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign Portugal defender Ruben Dias from Benfica for £65m.]

A whining player, a coach not taking responsibility, and reporter's who makes excuses for them...No doubt they will buy as they need (so much for FFP) actually made my weekend..

And seriously they still pose a threat, anyone with an ounce of common sense will know that... It is just knowing how to take advantage, and we have the best in the game for that :love:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I really like Guardiola but there is absolutely no excuse. When other teams have to rely on academy players if suffering the injury problems they are and not a second/third string worth hundreds of millions of pounds...just no.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fulham v Villa @ 5.45pm

Which way do we want this game to go folks?

Draw for me
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 pm Wolves getting hammered 3-0

They may not be much of a threat as I initially thought :duno:
It's interesting with Wolves. Obviously you'd expect them to kick on from last year. They've spent good money and shown long term ambition. But they've also sold a couple of first teamers too. May be a case of a few weeks of transition. I still expect them to be a force for a while. Top 7 or 8, like Leicester, rather than dropping away like Burnley.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:45 am I cannot believe the crap I am reading about Citeh's loss...

Like...

Cry me a river you spoilt brat...

and even Pep...

Who's fault is that then?

Even Simon Stone the reporter who wrote this...

WTF have they spent 1.4Billion on then?

Another ace reporter...

Fittest and least injuries maybe,... size of squad how big do you want them to be , in the case of Citeh ?

And this gem also from Waddle...

:lol: unbelievable... Based on that , any Sunday league team in the country can beat Citeh :lol:

The solution...

A whining player, a coach not taking responsibility, and reporter's who makes excuses for them...No doubt they will buy as they need (so much for FFP) actually made my weekend..

And seriously they still pose a threat, anyone with an ounce of common sense will know that... It is just knowing how to take advantage, and we have the best in the game for that :love:
Some of that talk about injuries is bollocks. City are richer than anyone. They have a coach who's supposed to be great at developing young players. It's ridiculous that they have no options beyond 2 strikers. Our squad runs deeper than that. The same happens when they get injuries at the back. Their depth is lousy. Crap transfer business and crap youth progression all around
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 pm Fulham v Villa @ 5.45pm

Which way do we want this game to go folks?

Draw for me
Doesnt matter for me. I think they both finish below us this season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Grealish puts Villa one up

Great ball from McGuin & a smart finish from JG