KP, AF and MK.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

KP, AF and MK.

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm

As a trio at home.

Anyone think its a bit negative?

I get it away from home, the 3 of them rotate well and have a good understanding and fit the system in MB's mind which as we know is what counts.

But at home where we expect to dominate and do not really need 2 defensive midfielders? (i dont count Forshaw as a box to box midfielder, he never has been before at Brentford, Wigan or Boro and he isnt now).

Forshaw and Phillips especially imo shouldn't be in the same side at home.

Very one paced, pass and move pass and move, their is no drive with those 3 together its all about pass and move which if you sit deep is quite easy to defend.

Saiz was different (not suggesting him personally) but in a game like today someone more his style would be better.

Someone who can carry the ball through the middle rather then relying on MB'S tactics and coaching which is what pass and move is relying on.

Shacks for example, Bogusz, someone with a bit more get up and go.

Rather then someone who looks for a pass as soon as they get the ball, someone who just goes forward.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: KP, AF and MK.

Post by dezzy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:30 pm

I don’t think Klich plays well in that trio, Klich or Forshaw for me, Bogsuz, Shackleton, Pablo or Roberts at 10, Forshaw or Klich at 8, Phillips owns CDM.
We need someone who can run at the defence in our middle three
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Moment of Klich magic opened up Forest today. But I think Forshaw drops to the bench once Costa starts
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm
As a trio at home.

Anyone think its a bit negative?

I get it away from home, the 3 of them rotate well and have a good understanding and fit the system in MB's mind which as we know is what counts.

But at home where we expect to dominate and do not really need 2 defensive midfielders? (i dont count Forshaw as a box to box midfielder, he never has been before at Brentford, Wigan or Boro and he isnt now).

Forshaw and Phillips especially imo shouldn't be in the same side at home.

Very one paced, pass and move pass and move, their is no drive with those 3 together its all about pass and move which if you sit deep is quite easy to defend.

Saiz was different (not suggesting him personally) but in a game like today someone more his style would be better.

Someone who can carry the ball through the middle rather then relying on MB'S tactics and coaching which is what pass and move is relying on.

Shacks for example, Bogusz, someone with a bit more get up and go.

Rather then someone who looks for a pass as soon as they get the ball, someone who just goes forward.
Yeah I would deffo like to see more of Bogusz and Shacks and like you say they are all a bit similar in the middle. That said we fairly much dominated the whole match and a bit better finishing or the ref doing his job properly and we win comfortably.
Senor El Weasel

Irish Ian
First Team
First Team

Post by Irish Ian » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Forshaw is only playing because Roberts isnt fit. Hopefully things can change and we can have a wee bit more creative quality.
Costa has to come in hopefully we will learn why Bogusz is on the bench.
"We can wait for the next game with serenity"

"I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it"

Marcelo Bielsa.

leic white 63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by leic white 63 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Forshaw is only playing because Roberts isnt fit. Hopefully things can change and we can have a wee bit more creative quality.
Costa has to come in hopefully we will learn why Bogusz is on the bench.
shame about roberts , really like him , just hope injuries don't blight his career. lads got huge potential imo.

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Unfortunately Bielsa isn't renowned for making changes unless of injury, so it looks like we're stuck for that as our starting XI. Why he can't see that we need pace and Klich and Forshaw can't play together, I don't know.
Radz out now

BGwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by BGwhite » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:35 pm

I thought Forshaw had a good game today breaking up a lot of potential counter attacks and generally being a pita. His game is not about his attacking flair....how can it be , he hasn't any but he can be effective in the way he was today .We do lack a forward thinking midfielder but care is necessary regarding overloading during the attacks.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 pm

dezzy wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:30 pm
I don’t think Klich plays well in that trio, Klich or Forshaw for me, Bogsuz, Shackleton, Pablo or Roberts at 10, Forshaw or Klich at 8, Phillips owns CDM.
We need someone who can run at the defence in our middle three
I agree on Klich, he looks a bit lost at times.

Klich is a guaranteed starter for me, he is a goal threat and a creator and probably our best passer offensively.

Do wonder how Bogusz would do with his fellow Pole next to him to guide him?

Not sure how good Bogusz's English is but Klich could talk to him in his native language to, confuse the opposition.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Well we've started with 4 points from 6 and outclassed the opposition again (Forest have a decent team,) so I can understand why he sticks.
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Klich is our best passer full stop, I know everyone raves about those long balls over the top or diagonals but they're not a difficult skill, you're passing into space most of the time. The short touch passing around the oppo's box is much harder to pull off and Klich is a master. But agree Klich Forshaw does remind me of Lampard/Gerrard for England, one cancels out the other...
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Klich Starts every time for me, he’s a quality player, Forshaw would be a great option off the bench as he can fill in for Phillips and rb too, Shackleton should come in for Forshaw Tuesday, give him a chance to offer something different, very weak threat from midfield today
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Forshaw out for Shack, Costa or Nketiah. We desperately need some pace through the middle. I cringed when Forshaw tried to run with the ball and was tackled from behind by Grabban, it was so slow, like watching a snail. Compare that to Shack breaking from defence to attack at pace against Derby in the playoffs last season.
Radz out now

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:19 pm

SG90 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Forshaw out for Shack, Costa or Nketiah. We desperately need some pace through the middle. I cringed when Forshaw tried to run with the ball and was tackled from behind by Grabban, it was so slow, like watching a snail. Compare that to Shack breaking from defence to attack at pace against Derby in the playoffs last season.
He wasn't running at speed though and someone should have called man on because Adam had no idea he was there
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:41 am

faaip wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:19 pm
He wasn't running at speed though and someone should have called man on because Adam had no idea he was there
Forshaw should have run forward with oceans of space in front of him, instead he more or less came to a standstill & Grabban took the ball off him as AF dilly-dallied, any other player would have been away & up field looking to create something in attack. Apart from that Forshaw had a decent game but like you've mentioned many times about Pontus with the ball AF is the same, far too slow & invariably goes sideways & backwards

Phillips & Klich to remain in the team for me with someone to inject pace in the team to replace Forshaw

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Post by paddy parrott » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:50 am

I think Adam Forshaw had a good game too mate , though some games he maybe isn't in much.But I rate him could be a big player this season given the physical side , dare I say whenever disciplinary cards kick in.No pun intent),. I would say this Leeds United need his aggression and he can get around the park too.
Philip's is top notch of course , Klich can look heavy legged and for me flounders at times when turned.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am

1964white wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:41 am
Forshaw should have run forward with oceans of space in front of him, instead he more or less came to a standstill & Grabban took the ball off him as AF dilly-dallied, any other player would have been away & up field looking to create something in attack. Apart from that Forshaw had a decent game but like you've mentioned many times about Pontus with the ball AF is the same, far too slow & invariably goes sideways & backwards

Phillips & Klich to remain in the team for me with someone to inject pace in the team to replace Forshaw
He was looking for the pass though, you could see that..We've had too many players that could run into space then because they're not looking, do nothing with it. Pontus was a master at it.

You don't think someone should have called?
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 am

paddy parrott wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:50 am
I think Adam Forshaw had a good game too mate , though some games he maybe isn't in much.But I rate him could be a big player this season given the physical side , dare I say whenever disciplinary cards kick in.No pun intent),. I would say this Leeds United need his aggression and he can get around the park too.
Philip's is top notch of course , Klich can look heavy legged and for me flounders at times when turned.
We need pace in the middle to break teams down at ER, the build-up was far too slow & predictable at times. Forshaw should be coming on as a sub to bolster things up not starting especially at home

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:05 am

faaip wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am
He was looking for the pass though, you could see that..We've had too many players that could run into space then because they're not looking, do nothing with it. Pontus was a master at it.

You don't think someone should have called?
He wasn't looking for a pass, we had players forward to pass to, he dilly-dallied on the ball more or less at walking pace & balls up totally

34,000 fans showed their disapproval in despair !

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am

He was he was looking up to pick the pass, not down at his feet..again you don't think someone should have called man on ?
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Advertisment