KP, AF and MK.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: KP, AF and MK.

Post by BGwhite » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 am

Its natural to call man on when being approached so if no one did then it's not really his fault. Too many times players don't make their mind up fast enough deciding the next pass and it slows the move right down or they get dispossessed. When Forest attacked it was with speed and quickness of thought which caught the Leeds defence out regularly in the last qtr of the game.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:36 am

Crowd noise may have drowned it out but Kalvin was looking right at him and I didn't see a call from him
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

SG90
First Team
First Team

Post by SG90 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:48 am

Our best performance last year was v WBA and a main part of that was Roberts' pace, which they couldn't handle. Same with the first half of the season when we had Saiz running through the middle. This Leeds team is a completely different beast with pace in it, but it seems everyone except Bielsa can see that.

We've got a solid nucleus, but the final piece is pace. With pace, we can be Champions. If that team starts all 46 games, we will struggle to make top 6.
Radz out now

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm

SG90 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:48 am
Our best performance last year was v WBA and a main part of that was Roberts' pace, which they couldn't handle. Same with the first half of the season when we had Saiz running through the middle. This Leeds team is a completely different beast with pace in it, but it seems everyone except Bielsa can see that.

We've got a solid nucleus, but the final piece is pace. With pace, we can be Champions. If that team starts all 46 games, we will struggle to make top 6.
Although perhaps more important was the fact we scored after a few seconds which totally screwed up WBA's tactics of hitting us on the break. Not saying I don't think pace would be a great addition to the team but think it is a bit harsh to write off this starting XI who have completely bossed the opening 2 games and but for poor refereeing and finishing would have won both games. I would say if that team played all 46 matches we would do really well as we wouldn't have had the injury problems that we had last season and the understanding would keep increasing and as such Bielsa ball would improve 10 fold.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Regarding pace through the middle i think Ryan Kent would have been the number 10.

When Saiz left MB said he had skills no one else had, imo that was the ability to carry the ball through the middle.

I actually think that would have been where Dan James would have played to.

His Bilbao side he played pacey winger Iker Munain as a number 10.

Marseille he played Dimitri Payet.

At Argentina he had Pablo Aimer and Ariel Ortega amongst others.

At Lille he had Benzia.

MB sides have usually had flair players as the number 10, technically gifted players able to carry the ball and pick a pass. Which when you think about it is the way it should be, your enganche should be a really exciting player.

So i do think eventually Costa, Hernandez, Bogusz, someone like that will go into the 10 role.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:04 pm
Regarding pace through the middle i think Ryan Kent would have been the number 10.

When Saiz left MB said he had skills no one else had, imo that was the ability to carry the ball through the middle.

I actually think that would have been where Dan James would have played to.

His Bilbao side he played pacey winger Iker Munain as a number 10.

Marseille he played Dimitri Payet.

At Argentina he had Pablo Aimer and Ariel Ortega amongst others.

At Lille he had Benzia.

MB sides have usually had flair players as the number 10, technically gifted players able to carry the ball and pick a pass. Which when you think about it is the way it should be, your enganche should be a really exciting player.

So i do think eventually Costa, Hernandez, Bogusz, someone like that will go into the 10 role.
Jack Clarke was training as a no.10 in the summer so it may be that Bielsa is looking to have him as the no.10 but is trying to get him used to the role a bit. Clarke could be suited to it as like you say with the winger Bielsa converted the main criteria seems to be pace and the ability to run with the ball at pace. Alternatively there would be Costa too or maybe even Shackleton but likely that would be a work in progress rather than for this season.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 pm

weasel wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:21 pm
Jack Clarke was training as a no.10 in the summer so it may be that Bielsa is looking to have him as the no.10 but is trying to get him used to the role a bit. Clarke could be suited to it as like you say with the winger Bielsa converted the main criteria seems to be pace and the ability to run with the ball at pace. Alternatively there would be Costa too or maybe even Shackleton but likely that would be a work in progress rather than for this season.
Didnt know that about Clarke.

Makes sense, he played as a striker originally so isnt unfamiliar with playing through the middle.

As you say he has pace and is more then capable of carrying the ball forward, he also or was before the collapse pretty good at making the right pass (only PH created more chances per game then Jack).

Id like to see Clarke as a 10, think he does have a big role to play this season eventually.

Also if Hernandez stays right he likes to come inside so Clarke would be very comfortable covering that.

Advertisment