The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 12th Aug) All the up to date news from Elland Road - with opinions from you, the fans!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 12th Aug) All the up to date news from Elland Road - with opinions from you, the fan

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:29 am Doesn't feel like we're in a relegation battle to me. I still think we are champions material & yes we are the best footballing side in the championship.

So far we are miles ahead of Bristol City & Forest. If I was a Forest fan I'd be extremely concerned after their performances v the baggies & us

We are just debating/analysing the ups & downs of the Forest game, nowt wrong with pointing out the positives & the negatives
I think it's more that (in general) posters on here focus overwhelmingly on the negatives.

I understand that it can be frustrating to watch us toil and not put away chances, but last season we were by far the better team in most of our games, as we have been in our first two this season.

It's like those articles that came out about 'Bielsa not hitting the panic button' - two games in and undefeated ffs! Bit of perspective required considering where we've been since dropping out of the PL.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 12th Aug) All the up to date news from Elland Road - with opinions from you, the fan

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Top of the Afternoon folks.

Eddie. Hopefully he will find his place in this team. We haven't forked out an eye watering loan fee to not use him. Never at Leeds :lol: Seriously though this lad looks quality, he has awareness, very quick feet and likes the ball. He could in my view form a great pairing with Bamford. Then we can pick up Kent in January ! BOOM! :fire:

s Bielsa becoming too transparent? Yes, but everyone knows how we play. The fact that teams set themselves up to counter us is a massive compliment not only to the boss but also to the players who have embraced his methods on the pitch. The one caveat I would add is that the oppo know HOW we play but they shouldn't be informed of WHO we play until gametime. ( same craic for the players in some cases too) Do we have a strong enough squad that it doesn't matter who we play? No-one has. Do we have a strong enough squad who could wipe the floor with any other championship side? Definitely Do we have a strong enough squad to finish top two? Dunno.

Stats.

Those figures are unsurprising, I would be interested in comparing those with last season. I would be surprised if there was much change! We are what we are.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Still not sure where Kent would fit and who makes way, Costa, Harrison and Hernandez are all better footballers, one of those has to play the 10 if we want to incorporate all 3. Klich and Phillips make up the rest of the midfield. Clarke is at least as good and Clarke is a bit of a Kent clone ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think Kent is more rounded than Clarke but being older he has bucket loads more experience and is a big game player, but it will be interesting to see how Clarke fits into this current side.

As you say the question is the No 10 which is an area we need to improve in. Surely we need Costa out wide if we are going to get the best from him?

Maybe tomorrow night might give us a few ideas as to what the bossman has in mind.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa