The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 21st Aug) - Radrizzani open to investment

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 21st Aug) - Radrizzani open to investment

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 21st August, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Radrizzani open to investment

Andrea Radrizzani has been speaking to the press, and has admitted that he has received various offers to buy him out; yet the 44yo Sports Tycoon (well, nearly) would certainly consider selling off another chunk of the club as they did with the NFL giants San Francisco 49ers.

I hear a lot of rumours about me selling the club or leaving, absolutely no way. Those who know me well know how much I am determined to reach my goals. I really want to get it done and I want to achieve my goals in everything I do. I also understand the opportunity to run this club and make this club big is massive, so I will not be afraid to open the club up to other partners if this helps the mission. I want to be guardian and the leader of this club, but I will not have a closed mind to accept help from other parties. In the last 18 months, we received much interest from parties to invest in the club or buy the club. I rejected all the options to buy the club because I did not want to give up. But I will listen to anyone who wants to join me and make this club bigger. I don’t exclude that maybe soon I will open the door to one or two partners to help this club become bigger.

Is Radrizzani in it for the long term, or will he cash in if and when Leeds reach the promised land?

Bielsa's press conference

During yesterday press conference Bielsa announced that there are injury doubts over Cooper, Douglas and Alioski. When I say injury doubts, what Bielsa means is that they are not 100% fit, and he doesn't want to take any chances this early in the season. Jamie Shackleton will start at right back, Dallas will switch to left-back and Berardi stands by. Bielsa spoke about Jansson for the first time yesterday since he made his 4m move to Griffin Park. This is what he said:-

Ryan Kent goes on strike?

Liverpool Whizz kid Ryan Kent was mysteriously left out of Liverpool Under-23’s 3-0 defeat against Chelsea on Monday night leading to claims that the 22yo is trying to force a move away from Anfield. Last month Kent sent a post on social media suggesting he feels the Reds are stopping him from moving forward, especially after pricing him out of a move (to Leeds).

He posted a Bible passage from St Peter which reads: “And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

In modern English that translates to: “In their greed teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.”

He has also deleted all images of him playing for Liverpool on Instagram.

Do Leeds need him? What could he offer?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 21st Aug) Rad's looking for investment, Bielsa's presser and Kent wants out!!!

Post by 1964white »

Two 10/10 performances & several 8's & 9's in the white shirt of Leeds last season

Bielsa knows the score!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 21st Aug) Rad's looking for investment, Bielsa's presser and Kent wants out!!!

Post by 1964white »

Oh heck!

Cooper a doubt :cry: the one who would be responsible for Jannson at set-pieces I suspect
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 21st Aug) - Radrizzani open to investment

Post by BGwhite »

I'm not a fan of having several 'owners'.
Kent gets his contract cancelled then we move in.
Wind up Janson to the hilt, he will snap.
THE game where we want to stop Janson and we possibly lose our tallest defender... typical !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Hopefully cooper pulls through as he will keep Jansson tucked in his pocket
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Radz probably prepping the media that he has probably already negotiated?

Tonight was one game we needed to be at our fluent best, so unenforced changes are never welcome.

Dallas has done ok at RB so why not keep him there and use Davis? Especially as Berardi will come in.
Three out of 4 playing in a new position is very high risk. If it was me I would also play two DFMs in Phillios and Forshaw.
4 -2- 3--1

I felt for Kent, he generated so much interest both here and in Scotland and instead of potentially playing in Europe and in from of 60k crowds in Scotland or helping us push for promotion he is facing football exile.
Maybe Leeds could buy out his contract if the still feel the need?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good morning.

No ill will towards Pontus, but he now plays for the opposition, so is fair game for anything the crowd do to wind him up.

If 'making the club bigger' requires investment beyond Radrizzani's means, then investment makes sense. I just hope he chooses wisely. From the Take Us Home series, he does seem personally committed to succeeding with Leeds as his own project, so from that point of view I'd rather have him in charge than a load of 'dicks in suits'.

Cooper injured would be a blow; let's hope it's nothing serious. Not bothered about Ryan Kent, personally, especially if he's the sort of player to 'go on strike'.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Radz has done well by us so far, especially when compared to previous fare. He's only talking about investment but isn't fool/careless enough to let the club be bought out from under him. I don't think so, anyway.

Interesting development with Kent. I haven't seen enough of him to rate him at all but if Bielsa wanted him that badly then I trust that he'll turn Kent into something decent at any rate.

The injuries are just precautions, Bielsa himself said they'd be ready to play tonight if necessary but there's no sense taking risks this early in the season. Saying that, I've never felt this confident about our team whilst hit by injuries before!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 am Radz probably prepping the media that he has probably already negotiated?

Tonight was one game we needed to be at our fluent best, so unenforced changes are never welcome.

Dallas has done ok at RB so why not keep him there and use Davis? Especially as Berardi will come in.
Three out of 4 playing in a new position is very high risk. If it was me I would also play two DFMs in Phillios and Forshaw.
4 -2- 3--1

I felt for Kent, he generated so much interest both here and in Scotland and instead of potentially playing in Europe and in from of 60k crowds in Scotland or helping us push for promotion he is facing football exile.
Maybe Leeds could buy out his contract if the still feel the need?
Is this Phillios a new Greek signing that I am unaware of Ian?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:23 am Is this Phillios a new Greek signing that I am unaware of Ian?
:(
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kent would be a depth addition, another quality player to add to the rotation. Not sure he'd be a starter for a month or two if he does arrive in Jan unless we have another severe injury bug...touch wood. Weird to be quoting scripture though.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"