Leeds United v Brentford - 1-0 - MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds United v Brentford - 1-0 - MOTM

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 am Add Alioski to that list, if he is a LB I'll eat my hat :roll: Not great going forward too, holds onto the ball far too long when he has options to pass, any challenge he falls over into a heap. Berardi was no better when he came on. That's five players not on song last night. Well done to the rest of their teammates

In the end we did well to win a difficult game against a decent outfit
I've defended Alioski in the past but he's getting left behind by this squad a bit now and he seemed to actively impede Harrison last night. Too many touches, doesn't look up before he plays a pass, and despite Douglas not being particularly impressive lately he showed his value with his absence. We just need our LB to be solid, not a world beater but Ali did not seem even that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Alioski of course lacking playing time looks in pre season mode. Agree he's not a defender at this level and I scored him 5 for his defensive work. Going forward he did cause problems but was also the reason Harrison had a bad game imo. I think Harrison had trouble understanding his role in relation to Alioski. Not sure those two can play together. Alio for me is a right sided mid. Beradi did ok, again lack of game sharpness is always an issue especially start of season. Pablo and KP's passing radar was off to start, wasn't that impressed this week with KP's deadball work, KP also finished poorly with a couple of poor passes that resulted in us being under the cosh for a bit. He also got burned for pace and then just ambled back. Compare that to Dallas who sprinted half the length of the pitch to make a tackle. But some top game reading, and tenacious tackling, he had a good game. Just didn't make my top 6 as I put Costa and Eddie there, otherwise he gets 5th.

Cooper and White as mentioned above were flawless, Forshaw's performance was imperious. I thought Klich struggled a bit but I'm reading elsewhere that others think he was MOTM, maybe down to that one sublime ball. He is the best passer at the club imo.

I don't mind missed passes so much but it will impact the player score for me. Not sure how many intercepts he was actually accredited with but White had 7 apparently. I think 7/10 is fair for that Kalvin performance. I watched the game twice btw. .
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ali will be fine, same as every other season, people will slag him off then he will go on a long run where he is one of our best players.

Fully expect him to displace Douglas, Berardi was far worse witha 40% pass accuracy but he is a cult hero so :roll:

Forshaw.
White
Costa
Nketiah
Bamford
Dallas
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:48 pm KP also finished poorly with a couple of poor passes that resulted in us being under the cosh for a bit. He also got burned for pace and then just ambled back. Compare that to Dallas who sprinted half the length of the pitch to make a tackle. But some top game reading, and tenacious tackling, he had a good game. Just didn't make my top 6 as I put Costa and Eddie there, otherwise he gets 5th.
First half he took the free kick on the left corner of their box, they broke swiftly, who raced back 80 yards to get there ahead of their striker ?

At only 23yo the main man, he is a giant.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am I've defended Alioski in the past but he's getting left behind by this squad a bit now and he seemed to actively impede Harrison last night. Too many touches, doesn't look up before he plays a pass, and despite Douglas not being particularly impressive lately he showed his value with his absence. We just need our LB to be solid, not a world beater but Ali did not seem even that.
Ali put in a couple of decent crosses for Bamford who missed both his opportunities of course but apart from that I can't recall much more good about his game, his defending was woeful at times
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 pm First half he took the free kick on the left corner of their box, they broke swiftly, who raced back 80 yards to get there ahead of their striker ?

At only 23yo the main man, he is a giant.
Yes and I praised that in game..as well as a few other good works. Still a 7 for me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 am Without Nketiah & Costa contribution we wouldn't have won that game as our performance was laboured & the game had 0-0 written all over it

Our worst performance of the season
Agree we all were saying it’s one of those games but then the two changes and everything went up a level and the feeling in the crowd was we are definitely going to score that’s why I put Eddie & Costa in my top six
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Can I add love this, the fact we are all struggling to pick our top six as we feel that many deserve to get in there proves the entire squad has gone up another level long may it continue, don’t want any games were we are struggling to find 3 or 4 MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Forshaw
White
Cooper
Nketiah (for the little time he got)
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Forshaw
White
Dallas
Phillips
Nketiah
Cooper
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw - 70
White - 56
Phillips - 29
Nketiah - 27
Dallas - 25
Costa - 19
Cooper - 14
Casilla - 10
Klich - 8
Bamford - 2
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:53 pm Can I add love this, the fact we are all struggling to pick our top six as we feel that many deserve to get in there proves the entire squad has gone up another level long may it continue, don’t want any games were we are struggling to find 3 or 4 MOT
Hear, hear!