Leeds United v Brentford - 1-0 - MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds United v Brentford - 1-0 - MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

6 please in order from

Casilla
Dallas
Alioski
Cooper
White
Phillips
Forshaw
Hernandez
Klich
Harrison
Bamford
Costa
Nketiah
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Brentford - 1-0 - MOTM

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw - 6
White - 5
Cooper - 4
Costa - 3
Nketiah - 2
Dallas - 1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Forshaw
White
Phillips
Costa
Nketiah
Dallas
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Forshaw - covered the pitch well and broke up Brentford counter attacks.
Klich - some lovely touches and was our most creative player in attack.
White - some good tackles and strong clearances.
Kiko - didn't have much to do, but kept it tight at the back and we seemed much more comfortable than last year at the back.
Dallas - industrious rather than brilliant, but it was that sort of game.
Nketiah - not much time on the pitch, but made a huge impact and caused problems in his cameo.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

White
Dallas
Forshaw
Klich
KP
Kiko
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw - 22
White - 20
Dallas - 9
Klich - 8
Phillips - 6
Costa - 6
Nketiah - 5
Cooper - 4
Casilla - 4
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

No real stand out performer (Pablo had an off night)

Forshaw just playing really well and hope he gets his goal soon
Dallas not his position but doing really well and a threat going forward
White composed
Kalvin does what Kalvin does but first 10mins he was poor
Eddie took his chance, is a threat and how bloody quick his he?
Costa came on and made a difference without him and Eddie I don’t think we would have scored

Also is anyone as perplexed as me as to why the Bees didn’t put many high balls into the box from corners or free kicks I can only remember two and they were so high that Pontus on Coops shoulders who was stood on top of White wouldn’t have reached them
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Forshaw
White
Nketia
Dallas
Cooper
Phillips
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phillips outstanding again.

If he's not allowed to give the ball away twice that's really harsh, every player in that team makes poor passes

Phillips
Forshaw
Nketiah
Costa
White
Dallas
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surprise surprise KP not in a couple of the sixes

That is f**king ridiculous :x
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I almost gave my vote to Eddie because if he hadn't come on we wouldn't have scored if we had played all night
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:34 am Surprise surprise KP not in a couple of the sixes

Victim of his own success, I think people expect that level of performance from him now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 am Victim of his own success, I think people expect that level of performance from him now.
But he was outstanding again last night, broke up play, interceptions, his passing in the main.

We'll soon realise how much work he gets through when KP misses a game

You had him in your first three so you rated him highly as he produced yet another top performance
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:34 am Surprise surprise KP not in a couple of the sixes

No bias at all in my selections, I call it as I see it always.
Forshaw
White
Phillips
Casilla
Dallas
Cooper

Costa and Eddie both had an impact when they came on but not enough time on the pitch to be included in MOTM in my opinion
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am No bias at all in my selections, I call it as I see it always.
Forshaw
White
Phillips
Casilla
Dallas
Cooper

Costa and Eddie both had an impact when they came on but not enough time on the pitch to be included in MOTM in my opinion
Without Nketiah & Costa contribution we wouldn't have won that game as our performance was laboured & the game had 0-0 written all over it

Our worst performance of the season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I thought it was a good performance personally, and that even with off nights for me from Pablo/Harrison and Bamford...Though I maybe a little harsh on Bamford.

Brentford came to frustrate with a negative football and we found a work around we could never find last season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am No bias at all in my selections, I call it as I see it always.
Forshaw
White
Phillips
Casilla
Dallas
Cooper

I have no problem with that, I considered it myself leaving them off due to actual playing time ..maybe I should have Kalvin would have got 2 points then..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Nketiah - Man of the moment, gained us 2 extra points and kept us top. Not just his goal but he made life a living hell for Brentford for every one of those 20 mins he was on the pitch.
Costa - Perfect cross in to Eddie, can't have asked for more.
Forshaw - Dominating display, worth both the Brenford CM pair and more.
White/Cooper - Pick one, together they were like a single organism tonight and utterly nullified Brentford's counterattacking threat.
Phillips - I can see why some have left him off their lists as yes, he was excellent for most of the game but when he gave the ball away he did so when momentum was against us and typically this is when we tend to concede. But that didn't happen so his late mistakes can be forgiven. Impeccable.
Kiko - Confident and assured sweeper keepering tonight, with a little help from Mr Post.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Phillips - The kids some talent, 23 years old. Couple of loose passes last night, but what a baller this lad is. We are very lucky to have him wearing a Leeds shirt. TOP CLASS
Forshaw - Great player, does the hard donkey work no-body sees, wins the balls controls possession.
White - Touch of class, so composed on the ball and read the games very well. Excellent player.
Kiko - 3 clean sheets in a row. Growing in confidence.
Cooper - Captains performance, couple of clumsy fouls needs to clean that up as could be costly.
Eddie - Magic scores on Championship / home debut with hes 2nd touch. Impact Sub. Delighted for the lad.

Costa - Just for megging Pontas for the set up of Eddies goal he needed a mention. Genius. What a player to bring on to make an impact.

Hope Dallas isn't injured long term. Would be harsh on the lad. Anyone heard anything?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:10 am I thought it was a good performance personally, and that even with off nights for me from Pablo/Harrison and Bamford...Though I maybe a little harsh on Bamford.

Brentford came to frustrate with a negative football and we found a work around we could never find last season
Add Alioski to that list, if he is a LB I'll eat my hat :roll: Not great going forward too, holds onto the ball far too long when he has options to pass, any challenge he falls over into a heap. Berardi was no better when he came on. That's five players not on song last night. Well done to the rest of their teammates

In the end we did well to win a difficult game against a decent outfit