Top of the league

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CalliWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Top of the league

Post by CalliWhite »

I have returned...love the way we are playing..Enjoyed Take Us Home documentary proud to be part of that. Dunno why Aussie Russell Crowe is narrating ? I have framed photo of Billy with League Cup having beaten Arsenal at Wembley I was 7 and honestly remember that in such detail..Terry Cooper scored and he was the only player wearing white boots.. Feel like club is in good hands feeling confident...dare to dream 100 years back yo Glory Feel lucky to have grown up in Leeds in 60;s & 70's with Billy and the Don MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top of the league

Post by 1964white »

Welcome back Calli

Really happy with our start, enjoyed every game so far.

Lets hope we are top of the league come May 2020
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Russell is a big Leeds fan ...Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would have been good too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Top of the League is always welcome but so far we have beaten a team who looked like they were just beginning pre -season. ( Bristol) Were unable to unpick a decent Forest side at home, beat a 10 man Wigan, edged past a decent Brentford and finally won easily against a Stoke side who are in complete free fall by the look.

First real test is the visit of in form Swansea on saturday which begins six very tricky encounters, Derby at home ( shudders at the memory) Two trips to London, an away Yorkshire derby, and home to WBA ( who I fancy to push for a top two)

If we are top after that lot then :clap: :clap: :clap:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Or you could look at it like this. We swept aside a Bristol side who have won 3 on the trot since, showing they are a decent side in the process but made to look like relegation fodder on the day by us. We did unpick Forest once and unlike relying on "the hand of Roofe" goal like last season it was quality from Hernandez this time. Forest got the scrappiest of goals and we had clear penalty shouts denied. You can't win em all. Yes we beat a 10 man Wigan but in April we lost to a 10 man Wigan. That's progress! Stoke was as comfortable as the new sofa I just bought. It wasn't the case there last season though was it? Nketiah and Costa are looking really good and will no doubt play a major part later on, it's a long season as we well know. Bamford is finally firing and it looks like we are about to secure KP. It's all good and I'd take been in the top 2 at the international break for now. I think we will have too much for Swansea.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Good to be top, playing good stuff.
But this championship is gruelling. Hell of a long way to go..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 pm Or you could look at it like this. We swept aside a Bristol side who have won 3 on the trot since, showing they are a decent side in the process but made to look like relegation fodder on the day by us. We did unpick Forest once and unlike relying on "the hand of Roofe" goal like last season it was quality from Hernandez this time. Forest got the scrappiest of goals and we had clear penalty shouts denied. You can't win em all. Yes we beat a 10 man Wigan but in April we lost to a 10 man Wigan. That's progress! Stoke was as comfortable as the new sofa I just bought. It wasn't the case there last season though was it? Nketiah and Costa are looking really good and will no doubt play a major part later on, it's a long season as we well know. Bamford is finally firing and it looks like we are about to secure KP. It's all good and I'd take been in the top 2 at the international break for now. I think we will have too much for Swansea.
Great post :clape: