Shacks or Forshaw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Shacks or Forshaw

Post by Cjay »

Vs Derby?

If Adam Forshaw is fit will MB bring him straight back in?

If he does it will likely be at Shacks expense.

Personally, Derby isn't a game for Forshaw imo, Forshaw is a ticking over sort of player, he keeps it simple, keeps things going (hence the best passing average in the squad), he does the basics well.

Shacks doesn't read the game as well as Forshaw, his passing isn't as accurate, but is more creative, more ambitious, he has a bit of get up and go, where Forshaw will chose the safe pass to keep the ball Shacks may choose the harder pass to make something happen etc.

We have a real problem breaking teams down at home at the moment, 2 goals scored in 3 home games, its not good enough.

Forshaw isn't going to be a solution to that, he may not score a goal all season, wouldn't be a surprise.

Imo for games at home especially Forshaw is unnecessary (except against certain teams, Fulham, WBA maybe etc).

Shacks for me deserves to keep his place, not only that he makes more sense, he may create something, he may score a goal.

Forshaw is much improved and has a role to play this season, but we have a problem breaking teams down at home, Shacks played very well vs Barnsley, he should start.

So, Shacks vs Forshaw?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Shacks or Forshaw

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I kind of agree we should be setup differently at home, but...

Last time we played Derby at home, Forshaw started and bossed the game.

Capture.PNG
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Shacks or Forshaw

Post by BGwhite »

Forshaw had one of his best games for Leeds against Derby (game 1 ) and we hammered them. I think MB will bring him back in if fit anyway and we have enough up front without Shacks to cause problems for them but as per usual our problem is we are still having problems converting our domination and chances into goals. Shacks is great to have on the bench alongside Costa, Eddie, Roberts. Theres some serious talent and pace there and every team in the league will be so envious. Basically a third of any other team in this league and nailed on starters.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk