The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 16th October) - Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 16th October) - Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 16th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa

Eddie Nketiah scored a hattrick for the England U21's against their Austrian rivals bringing his tally to eight goals in seven England starts. He then shard his disappointment with Sky Sports having been benched by Bielsa for the first quarter of the season Speaking about his role at Leeds so far this season Nketiah said;

Obviously, I will never be happy with being on the bench. I want to play. I pride myself on being in the team. I think I am good enough to be in the team.

It’ll be difficult times again for Leeds, Danny Mills

Danny Mills has been sharing his concerns about what may happen if Lees don't get promoted this season

It’s a massive gamble. I think the wage bill for them at the moment for Leeds, including the manager and his staff, is £35-£40 million. That’s big for the Championship. They need to get up this season. If they don’t, you start to worry again.

The owner has just come out and done a rare interview and said there might be new investment, looking to sell the club, we’ve known that for some time.

But if they don’t get up this season, with that sort of wagebill, I know some of those players are maybe on loan and of course the manager and his team, it’ll be difficult times again for Leeds.

Pick your Starting XI for Saturday

Who would you pick in the starting XI on Saturday. What formation would you play? Who would you leave out?

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 16th October)

Post by Sara »

Good morning, liking the breakfast pic!

Assuming everyone's fit, I'd go with:

Casilla

Dallas White Cooper Alioski

Phillips

Costa Hernandez Klich Harrison

Nketiah
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All

You have Cooper in your starting XI EB1. Surely he is still injured, the prognosis was six weeks?
Hard to actually pick a team because we don't know if the likes of Hernandez and Forshaw will be available.
Assuming they are I would probably go with:
Casilla
Dallas White Beradi Davis
Hernandez Phillips Klich Forshaw Alioski
Nketiah
So no Ayling, Douglas, Harrison, Costa or Bamford but the team needs a bit of a shake up at the moment in my opinion. However, there is zero chance Davis will make the starting 11 and I am certain Bamford, Harrison and probably Ayling will all start.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 16th October) - Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa

Post by Sara »

I forgot about Forshaw, and about Cooper being out. I've never seen Davis play, but if he offers more than Douglas I'd be happy to drop Harrison and move Alio forward. Think Alio does deliver better balls into the box.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 am Morning All

You have Cooper in your starting XI EB1. Surely he is still injured, the prognosis was six weeks?
Hard to actually pick a team because we don't know if the likes of Hernandez and Forshaw will be available.
Assuming they are I would probably go with:
Casilla
Dallas White Beradi Davis
Hernandez Phillips Klich Forshaw Alioski
Nketiah
So no Ayling, Douglas, Harrison, Costa or Bamford but the team needs a bit of a shake up at the moment in my opinion. However, there is zero chance Davis will make the starting 11 and I am certain Bamford, Harrison and probably Ayling will all start.
Morning Chilli, that isn't my team. That is a generic team to suit the topic.

I'd choose

-----------------------------Casilla-----------------------------
Ayling------------White--------Struik----------Douglas
----------------------------Phillips----------------------------
Dallas--------------------Klich--------------------Harrison
---------------Bamford------------Nketiah----------------
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 16th October) - Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Up to Marcelo to find a place for Nketiah in our first team & stop being stubborn

Goals & clean sheets win games & if we persist with the current pattern we won't be going up

Simple as that !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Morning all :)

I agree with everything that Leon said....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:25 am I forgot about Forshaw, and about Cooper being out. I've never seen Davis play, but if he offers more than Douglas I'd be happy to drop Harrison and move Alio forward. Think Alio does deliver better balls into the box.
Smashing player is Davis, imo our best defensive left back. Thing is Alioski provides us with goals from deep so it is a difficult one.

Barry Douglas should not be allowed anywhere near the first team, yet another average player that offers us virtually nothing.

With Ayling, Dallas, Alioski, Davis & Berardi around there is no sound reason to include BD in our defensive set-up. Bielsa likes him god knows why ?

Once again without sounding like a broken record the likes of Douglas/Harrison will hinder our progress
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:31 am Morning all :)

I agree with everything that Leon said....
Thank you Swannie

I watch every minute of every game so I do believe I'm not talking out of my backside
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 am Morning Chilli, that isn't my team. That is a generic team to suit the topic.

I'd choose

-----------------------------Casilla-----------------------------
Ayling------------White--------Struik----------Douglas
----------------------------Phillips----------------------------
Dallas--------------------Klich--------------------Harrison
---------------Bamford------------Nketiah----------------
Where is our magician Matt ?

Is Pablo still unfit ?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Up to Marcelo to find a place for Nketiah in our first team & stop being stubborn

Goals & clean sheets win games & if we persist with the current pattern we won't be going up

Simple as that !
Absolutely 64. Its 6 or 7 games since PB has scored and the team as a whole are appalling infront of goal so changes have to be made which includes bringing in Eddie at the expense of PB or play PB further back . Whatever MB chooses to do Eddie must play regular otherwise he will be off back to Arsenal and where will that leave us.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk