Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread - Pablo still missing, Alyling captains the side

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread - Pablo still missing, Alyling captains the side

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds Utd v Birmingham City

Saturday 19th October 2019 15.00 | Elland Road

With the International break over for another month, Leeds can try to get back on track with their promotion campaign, but only if they overcome Pep Clotet's Birmingham City.

The ex Leeds Utd assistant Manager is in caretaker charge of the Blues following Garry Monks sacking in the Summer! They have had an average start to the season collecting 16 points from eleven games. Leeds on the other hand are seven places higher. Should Leeds suffer defeat, the Midlanders will be one point behind them.

Pablo Hernandez is fit for visit of Birmingham. Adam Forshaw & Jamie Shackleton due back next week with Liam Cooper slightly behind them in his recover from groin injury. Dallas could revert back to the middle of the park. Barry Douglas may be preferred to Alioski having impressed during the second half at the Den and there is a big question mark over Costa who has not impressed yet. Berardi is available for selection following having his red card overturned.

The big question of everyone's mind is will Bielsa start with Nketiah. The England U21 forward bought his tally up to eight goals in seven appearances for his Country having scored a hattrick in midweek. His subsequent interview with Sky Sports will do little to endear himself to the chosen one but surely he must be pushing for a start?

Birmingham's Ecuador winger Jefferson Montero is still not fit, despite being back in training ahead of schedule. Josh McEachran, who joined Blues as a free agent at the end of last month, is still working on his match sharpness. The Blues did the double over Leeds last season, with the now departed Che Adams scoring all three of their goals as they followed up a 2-1 victory at Elland Road 13 months ago with a 1-0 win at St Andrew's in April.

Leeds Starting XI:
Casilla, Ayling (c), White, Berardi, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Dallas, Costa, Harrison, Bamford
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Brum a bit of a bogey team for us of late

Another team that will disrupt our play by wasting time from the start, falling down at will, feigning injury, fouling in rotation, stopping us play by any means.

In other words the type of club we struggle against. Score early & that spoils these outfits game plan.

That's our problem we flatter to deceive, play some pretty stuff but fail to score early goals, in fact we struggle to score for long periods of games :(
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Lucas Jutkiewicz is their danger man up front, very powerful in the air.
However I fancy us to sneak a 2-1 win
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Shakes fist.

I wrote out a well considered plan for bringing Brum ( or WBA ;-) )to their knees on Saturday and when I pressed submit I was told that the topic does not exist.

Howls with rage :lol:

Basically it was that we should go three at the back on Saturday, Ayling and Douglas (or Dallas) the wing backs, Forshaw or Dallas as DFM.

Costa Roberts Klich and Ali
Eddie to start.

I had long winded explanations how this would work but it disappeared into the ether... :poo:
I was just about to send it off to Elland Road in time for training tomorrow.
If we miss out this year by less than three points hang your head in shame :geek:

I am off to our wee trip to Cornwall on thurs, thanks for all the advice of things to do I have places marked on google maps. :tup:

For all those going on Saturday enjoy the Centenary and lets hope our second 100 years begins with a win. :scar1
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Must start Eddie with or without Bambi, must get 3 points and score at least 2 with a clean sheet

Will miss the match as heading to Oxford
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Villanois
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Villanois »

8-0 to Leeds please and thank you
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:39 pm Shakes fist.

I wrote out a well considered plan for bringing Brum ( or WBA ;-) )to their knees on Saturday and when I pressed submit I was told that the topic does not exist.

Howls with rage :lol:

Basically it was that we should go three at the back on Saturday, Ayling and Douglas (or Dallas) the wing backs, Forshaw or Dallas as DFM.

Costa Roberts Klich and Ali
Eddie to start.

I had long winded explanations how this would work but it disappeared into the ether... :poo:
I was just about to send it off to Elland Road in time for training tomorrow.
If we miss out this year by less than three points hang your head in shame :geek:

I am off to our wee trip to Cornwall on thurs, thanks for all the advice of things to do I have places marked on google maps. :tup:

For all those going on Saturday enjoy the Centenary and lets hope our second 100 years begins with a win.
Have a lovely time in Cornwall Ian....we will miss you on here come Saturday :scar1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:39 pm I am off to our wee trip to Cornwall on thurs, thanks for all the advice of things to do I have places marked on google maps. :tup:
Have a lovely time in one of my favourite counties, hope the weather is kind to you Ian
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:45 am Have a lovely time in one of my favourite counties, hope the weather is kind to you Ian
Thanks 64.

Bucketing down here at the minute but it should brighten up.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:11 am Have a lovely time in Cornwall Ian....we will miss you on here come Saturday :scar1
Thanks Swannie, I am torn between Google alerts, reading the matchday forum later or waiting for highlights on Quest.

Maybe the team will do better without me...
'
hector

Post by hector »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 am
Maybe the team will do better without me...
If they do..... you are banned for the rest of the season :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Have a lovely time in Cornwall, Ian.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully Pablo played for the first 30 minutes of our U23's match today in preparation for tomorrow

The rest of the troops in our injury prone squad are still staggering around it seems

It like a war-zone at Leeds United :(
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:32 pm Hopefully Pablo played for the first 30 minutes of our U23's match today in preparation for tomorrow

The rest of the troops in our injury prone squad are still staggering around it seems

It like a war-zone at Leeds United :(
Ironically for Forshaw when he was playing the best he has ever played for us.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:19 pm Ironically for Forshaw when he was playing the best he has ever played for us.
Indeed he was Chilli

Just as with Roberts we bought Forshaw when he was injured, says it all about our recruitment
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Hoping for...

Casilla

Ayling Berra White Dallas

Phillips Klich

Costa Roberts Hernandez

Eddie
hector

Post by hector »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 am Hoping for...

Casilla

Ayling Berra White Dallas

Phillips Klich

Costa Roberts Hernandez

Eddie
I wouldn't hold your breath :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »