VAR very strange

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

VAR very strange

Post by whiteswan »

Just speaking to Mr Swan earlier. Surely, what is good for the goose is good for the gander? ( Bear with me).....
Premiership clubs have VAR, ( had the championship had VAR Beradi would not have been sent off hence perhaps a different result)
Premiership and Championship clubs are involved ( games not played) in International breaks....so, why on earth, as they are treated the same on International weeks, they are not treated the same regarding VAR :duno:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: VAR very strange

Post by Norm »

Don't know Swan, although it had crossed my mind.
I sometimes wonder how many Championship players actually play for international teams and what the justification is for Championship fixtures to be suspended on International breaks.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 am Don't know Swan, although it had crossed my mind.
I sometimes wonder how many Championship players actually play for international teams and what the justification is for Championship fixtures to be suspended on International breaks.
The majority of championship clubs are affected Norm.

Surprisingly three matches in League 1 & 2 were postponed due to international call-ups
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The premiership is a separate entity, the FA/Sky officials are only interested in the promoted championship clubs & looking after those who are relegated.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Diabolical VAR decision in the Brighton v Everton game

Everton were coasting the game 1-2 until a penalty was given via VAR, yes there was contact as both players challenging for the ball but it was purely accidental. To add salt to the toffees wounds Brighton tails are up & they go onto win the game with a own-goal in the 94th minute.

MOTD & 5 Live pundits called the decision ridiculous

What's the point of VAR if they can't read the game properly consequently making poor decisions ?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I imagine var requires quite a lot of cost and effort...if in the championship why not league one?! where does it end...? can't see the link to the international break tbh, a lot of championship players play for international sides (alioski, cooper, dallas, nketiah (u21s), klich, berardi etc.)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

danhirons wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 pm I imagine var requires quite a lot of cost and effort...if in the championship why not league one?! where does it end...? can't see the link to the international break tbh, a lot of championship players play for international sides (alioski, cooper, dallas, nketiah (u21s), klich, berardi etc.)
But that was my point dan. The championship is treated the same as The premier League in international breaks ie...games not played. So why isn't the Championship treated the same way with VAR? If the Premier League and The Championship are equally regarded for international duty.....why not equally regarded for VAR?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:50 pm Diabolical VAR decision in the Brighton v Everton game

Everton were coasting the game 1-2 until a penalty was given via VAR, yes there was contact as both players challenging for the ball but it was purely accidental. To add salt to the toffees wounds Brighton tails are up & they go onto win the game with a own-goal in the 94th minute.

MOTD & 5 Live pundits called the decision ridiculous

What's the point of VAR if they can't read the game properly consequently making poor decisions ?
Saw that, completely changed the outcome of the game. And that was after a stronger claim for a pen by Everton was ignored by VAR.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 am Saw that, completely changed the outcome of the game. And that was after a stronger claim for a pen by Everton was ignored by VAR.
MOTD agrees with you Ian, they even added that perhaps the fact so far this season VAR haven’t over turned any Refs decisions perhaps they were under pressure to do so
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 am MOTD agrees with you Ian, they even added that perhaps the fact so far this season VAR haven’t over turned any Refs decisions perhaps they were under pressure to do so
Yea, what bothered me was that the first one was shirt pulling, which is an intentional attempt to illegally impede a player. Not called back by VAR.

Then an accidental coming together in the box and VAR gives it.

For me that is the wrong way round.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa