The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 13th November) - Cooper in race against time to be fit for Luton

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 13th November) - Cooper in race against time to be fit for Luton

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 13th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Cooper in race against time to be fit for Luton outing

Liam Cooper has withdrawn from the Scotland squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Kazakhstan with a groin injury he sustained during Leeds 2-1 victory against Blackburn at Elland Road .

The Leeds captain underwent scans after the match last Saturday which revealed a small tear in his groin area. The injury is not thought to be major and he will work with staff at Thorp Arch with a view to being fit following the international break.

Clarke to Forest in January?

Nottingham Forest are believed to be in talks with Spurs about bringing Jack Clarke to the City Ground in January. The 18 yo is yet start a league game for the Whites this term which has caught the attention of Forest gaffer Sabri Lamouchi who is in need of pace and firepower up front.

Meanwhile former Leeds ace, now Soccer pundit believes Noel Whelan believes that Bielsa and Pochettino are close, and will be keeping the Spurs Manager up to date with developments over the 18 year old.

“From what I’ve heard about Bielsa, he will be in talks with Pochettino regularly about Clarke. Bielsa will be telling him what’s going on in training, Clarke’s attitude, performance and effort, and why he isn’t in the side

They know each other well and Pochettino will be getting the full picture of what’s going on. Tottenham sent him back to Leeds because they trust Bielsa’s ability to develop young players. Jack Clarke is now third or fourth in the pecking order for the right wing role behind the likes of Pablo Hernandez and Helder Costa.

Is Jack going to get in ahead of those two? No, he’s not. He’s going to have to bide his time and win the manager over in training. I very much doubt he will be called back to Tottenham. He is far more likely to go out on loan elsewhere, and be given the chance to play more regularly.

Would you be happy for Clarke to join one of our promotion candidates? Are Leeds missing a trick by not selecting the 18 year old?

Casilla granted extra 15 days to try and prove innocence

Kiko Casilla has been granted a two week extension from the FA to respond to his recent charge of racist language. An application was made to the chairman of The FA’s judicial panel by Leeds Utd, and the extension was granted as a result. What does Casilla or Leeds Utd hope to benefit from a two week extension?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 13th November) - Cooper in race against time to be fit for Luton

Post by 1964white »

The powers that be are unconvinced & are obviously searching for any shred of evidence they can lay their hands on to charge Kiko with a racist offence
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 13th November) - Cooper in race against time to be fit for Luton

Post by 1964white »

As with Clarke, our subs bench has been littered with fillers for the last season & a half with little prospect of certain named subs unlikely to get any minutes
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Casilla granted extra 15 days to try and prove innocence

And here I thought Article 11 of the UN's human rights charter states that an accused is innocent until proven guilty. :roll:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Obviously it would be annoying if Clarke went to Forest and did well, but he'd be no loss to us.

I'm glad Kiko is fighting to prove his innocence. Apparently he has asked for a personal hearing. There is also evidence of anti racist statements he has made in the past.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:21 am Casilla granted extra 15 days to try and prove innocence

And here I thought Article 11 of the UN's human rights charter states that an accused is innocent until proven guilty. :roll:
Sub paragraph C.235 Unless it involves any person or object directly and/or indirectly associated with or apart of the entity known as Leeds United in such that they should be assumed guilty unless proven innocent beyond a shadow of a doubt. If proven to be innocent they should still be heavily punished for getting “themselves” into a position that doubt could be cast against them and/or the entity that is Leeds United.

Sub Para P.1 To clarify any doubt or to ensure no doubt exists any person or object directly and/or indirectly associated with the entity known as Leeds United are guilty of any crime that the corrupt EFL sees fit to blame them for
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pm Sub paragraph C.235 Unless it involves any person or object directly and/or indirectly associated with or apart of the entity known as Leeds United in such that they should be assumed guilty unless proven innocent beyond a shadow of a doubt. If proven to be innocent they should still be heavily punished for getting “themselves” into a position that doubt could be cast against them and/or the entity that is Leeds United.

Sub Para P.1 To clarify any doubt or to ensure no doubt exists any person or object directly and/or indirectly associated with the entity known as Leeds United are guilty of any crime that the corrupt EFL sees fit to blame them for
Ah yes, forgot about the 2018 amendments tabled by newly-appointed UN Guardian of Moral Rectitude, one Mr F Lampard, silly me.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:17 am The powers that be are unconvinced & are obviously searching for any shred of evidence they can lay their hands on to charge Kiko with a racist offence
My thoughts exactly 64. They haven't given Kiko an extension.....they've given themselves one....to try and find the tiniest morsel of evidence against him
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Lip reading analysts have come back with the revelation that Kiko was actually saying, the FA are negligent.

Awkward.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Read today that Leeds are interested in Glen Kamara from Rangers.
Interesting cos he is the midfielder that makes the Finnish National team tick.
No big deal I hear you say well it looks like Finland for the first time in there
history are going to Qualify for a major tournament, and it is in no small
part due to the Kamara/Pukki team work. He would be a Forshaw replacement.
Let's see if anything comes of it. Ayala and Kamara would be good additions
in January.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote: My thoughts exactly 64. They haven't given Kiko an extension.....they've given themselves one....to try and find the tiniest morsel of evidence against him
My thoughts too...why would the FA want to do Kiko a favour unless they're doing themselves one as well. If Kiko is ready he should call their bluff and say no I'm ready to give my evidence now on the initial date you said.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Derby U23's v Leeds U23's

Live Stream 7pm tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtOokKWQJo
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Coops

Their is something wrong with our medical department imo. Rob Price rushes them back to fast, i am utterly convinced.

He got accused of it at Hull and Liverpool to because of players getting reinjured so much.

But MB is equally to blame for his small squad nonsense.

Clarke.

Big fan of Jack and yes imo he is underused, MB didnt want him back and the club only got him back because Liverpool wouldn't loan us Kent imo.

Casilla

If he said something racist for certain then ban him, you cant ban someone based on probability its ludicrous.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom