The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th November) - White heading for a top Champions League Club, Whelan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th November) - White heading for a top Champions League Club, Whelan

Post by Ellandback1 »

Bad day at the office for the U23's

Leeds U23 endured a miserable night against Derby, getting thumped 7-1 at Loughborough University Stadium last night.

It would be fair to say that Leeds were without the likes of Meslier, Temenuzhkov, Bogusz, Kennah and McCalmont, all of which would have normally played a part in proceedings; but it is nevertheless extremely disappointing to see the Whites getting hammered by a team like Derby.

Over the last couple of seasons we have seen the hierarchy invest heavily in the youngsters, many of whom were on display last night. Was it a bad day at the office, or are our youngsters not as good as we thought they were?

Are the Leeds Utd fledglings demoralised due to their lack of opportunity in stepping up to the first team.

Whelan - White heading for a top Champions League Club

Noel Whelan claims that Ben White is not far away from a Senior England Debut, and for his price tag to rise to 50m

This kid is going places. He is going to be an England international and is heading for a top club, a Champions League club. There’s no doubt he’s good enough. Right now, he’s on a par with John Stones, if not better than him. Ben White is much younger, has room for improvement and has a massive career ahead of him.

I hope Leeds can win promotion to the Premier League and we can buy him but I’m worried because I know how good this kid can be. I’m not surprised he’s being linked with Liverpool and Man United. This kid could play in any team. He’s heading for a £50million move in the next year or two.

Best ground grub

How does the food compare at other clubs? At which ground is the best pie / burger you have tasted?

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th November) - White heading for a top Champions League Club, Whelan

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks, White and a big big move? Hope the hype is true, it means Brightin will probably wait until the summer and his call up to the Euro Finals to see his stock rise.
In the mean time he can continue improving under MB with us.

U23s havent looked as strong this time round, but they were massively outgunned last night.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 14th November) - White heading for a top Champions League Club, Whelan

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 am U23s havent looked as strong this time round, but they were massively outgunned last night.
Men v boys
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I hear Derby fans are getting the match result tattooed on their bell ends.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 am I hear Derby fans are getting the match result tattooed on their bell ends.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They'll be waving them around in my vicinity, unfortunately. Could they be any more annoying!

I wish Whelan would stfu. I see the headline about Ben White, panic, and then discover it's just more hot air from Whelan, stating the bleeding obvious as if he has a unique, prophetic insight.

Never eat the food at football grounds, I can't be doing with the queueing, the hassle, or the mess. The Sausage Cottage at Hillsborough always sounds intriguing though. Non league is best anyway, because you can have a pint when you're watching.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The same Whelan that used to rave about Hadi Sacko and kept saying he brought more to the team than Roofe did.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am Never eat the food at football grounds, I can't be doing with the queueing, the hassle, or the mess. The Sausage Cottage at Hillsborough always sounds intriguing though. Non league is best anyway, because you can have a pint when you're watching.
Agree Sara queuing for crap food is a pain so I don't bother. Occasionally I've have had a pie with my pint at ER prior to a game, usually have my pack-up on the coach & then on arrival we head to the bar :beer:
hector

Post by hector »

I can just see you on the coach with your "my little pony" lunch box '64 :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 pm I can just see you on the coach with your "my little pony" lunch box '64 :mrgreen:
It's a ice cream box Hector :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 pm I can just see you on the coach with your "my little pony" lunch box '64 :mrgreen:
Didn't know '64 was a brony! :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm Didn't know '64 was a brony! :lol:
Many things '64 tries to keep under wraps, but we will route them all out 1 by 1 :lol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:53 pm Many things '64 tries to keep under wraps, but we will route them all out 1 by 1 :lol:
:rol: :rol: :rol: