Sheffield Wednesday charged with breaching ffp rules

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Sheffield Wednesday charged with breaching ffp rules

Post by SG90 »

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/november/ ... y-charged/

Well I never. :duno: Are the EFL finally growing some balls? Derby, Villa and Reading next please. Harshest possible punishment, no skirting around it with a tiny fine.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sheffield Wednesday charged with breaching ffp rules

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm https://www.efl.com/news/2019/november/ ... y-charged/

Well I never. :duno: Are the EFL finally growing some balls? Derby, Villa and Reading next please. Harshest possible punishment, no skirting around it with a tiny fine.

Best hope is that Wednesdsy get hammered and they bring the rest of them down with them.

Interesting this news on the same day Orta said we wont be spending anything in January.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ruffled the Owls fans feathers :lol:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... statement/

Twelve pages in a couple of hours

I wish more of our members discussed Leeds United matters as much as other clubs fans do regard their respective teams

Derby, Sheff W, Swansea & others are far more active than we are :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Its not a shock but also it shouldn't be used as any sort of excuse for us.

Wednesday have spent just in 3 seasons including the 17/18 accounts.

About £38mil and sales have bought in about £3mil (thats not a joke its insane how much they jave spent)

We just by selling Pontus Jansson made more money in sales then Wednesday did in the entire 3 year period including 17/18.

We have no excuses and i dont buy the ffp line the club spill, if as they say we are in danger of ffp then we are badly run.

If a club that has the highest income of none parachute payment clubs by far and has received around £50mil in transfer fees over the last 3 seasons is still really close to the ffp limit then simply how?

And does this not bring in to question just how successful an owner has been?

Genuinely interested to know what people think because if Radz has been a good owner how can one of the most profitable clubs in the efl in recent seasons still be so constrained by ffp.

I really dont understand it. :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

SG90 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm https://www.efl.com/news/2019/november/ ... y-charged/

But the problem here is that the Corrupt EFL will blame LUFC, how you say well let me explain...... each of the teams will mention that the fact is they are trying to get promoted to the Premier League and to do that they must have the best/luckiest/dirtiest top 3 team in the league and to do that they must spend ridiculous amounts of money, to enable them to beat Leeds United so if LUFC wasn’t in the league they wouldn’t have had to do it so best fine Leeds United...... hey it’s CEFL logic
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

On reading some of the Wendies fans comments, interesting how many of them think the EFL are out to 'get them' also calling them corrupt.....so it's not just us then :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 pm Its not a shock but also it shouldn't be used as any sort of excuse for us.

Wednesday have spent just in 3 seasons including the 17/18 accounts.

About £38mil and sales have bought in about £3mil (thats not a joke its insane how much they jave spent)

We just by selling Pontus Jansson made more money in sales then Wednesday did in the entire 3 year period including 17/18.

We have no excuses and i dont buy the ffp line the club spill, if as they say we are in danger of ffp then we are badly run.

If a club that has the highest income of none parachute payment clubs by far and has received around £50mil in transfer fees over the last 3 seasons is still really close to the ffp limit then simply how?

And does this not bring in to question just how successful an owner has been?

Genuinely interested to know what people think because if Radz has been a good owner how can one of the most profitable clubs in the efl in recent seasons still be so constrained by ffp.

I really dont understand it. :(
Sorry Cjay I can't explain as I genuinely don't understand the complexities of the FFP rules.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:46 pm Ruffled the Owls fans feathers :lol:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... statement/

Twelve pages in a couple of hours

I wish more of our members discussed Leeds United matters as much as other clubs fans do regard their respective teams

Derby, Sheff W, Swansea & others are far more active than we are :(
Are we not split over several forums, whereas they mainly use one?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 am Are we not split over several forums, whereas they mainly use one?
Indeed we are Sara.

But there are Leeds fans on here (some long term members) who rarely discuss/engage in LUFC matters
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

The most amusing thing on that wednesday board is that a lot of them seem to think they have a chance of finishing in the top 2, they spend the next few weeks playing against a lot of teams in the top half so I can't see them being anywhere near top 2 come january.

They definitely deserve more of a punishment than Birmingham if found guilty as without the stadium sale they are nearly double the FFP limits for 3 year losses and they have tried to deceive by inserting the stadium in to the wrong accounting period - I imagine nothing will ever come of it though they will have some shady excuse. would be a shitter for Monk if it did though 2 points deductions in as many seasons.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 pm Indeed we are Sara.

But there are Leeds fans on here (some long term members) who rarely discuss/engage in LUFC matters
I wonder how many are put off by the problem of being constantly logged out. You have to be pretty determined if you want to follow a thread during the course of a day, sometimes logging back in three or four times. I have to log in virtually every time I check the forum. It's very annoying.

Surely something can be done about this, it must just be a basic error somewhere.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Strangely enough I have been logged in for the best part of a week despite not having been on the board much in that time.
I simply forgot to sign out.

Definitely a non-amusing conundrum.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just seen an article.

Wendies could be absolutely ******.

They put the stadium sale in their 2018 accounts but land registry says the sale was done in 2019.

They sold it for £60mil which is a ludicrously inflated price (West Ham sold their ground in London for £40mil for example) and Radz paid £17mil for Elland Road.

And most ridiculously of all, Wednesday have a £60mil debt owed, Chansiri hasnt even paid himself for the stadium yet. :lol:

In fact he is paying himself in 8 year installments :oops:

The worst bit for Wednesday fans is if the EFL feel that this was a deliberate attempt to manipulate finances in order to comply with FFP then they can issue further punishment based on "aggravating factors" and the potential points deductions for that are limitless.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Of all the clubs to fall foul of ffp it saddens me that it has to be Wednesday, especially what we have saw Derby get away with.

Personally I think the scheme needs either massive revision or scrapping. There is a good article on Leeds Live discussing this and also the parachute payments which has upped the arms race in this league since their inception.

But English Professional football has way too many clubs with way too many overpaid crap players stunting the development locally sourced players.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

'
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Think they're trying to string it out until the end of the season, and hope they get promoted.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Answer is simple, take ground sales out of FFP.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just been reading in the Guardian

Three companies who are sponsoring Wednesday are currently not trading.

A shirt manufacturer
A Taxi company
And the main Sponsor Chansiri, named after the owner and with a registered address as Hillsborough accounts show that it is dormant.

Hope Leeds arent up to any of that as if they are and it contravenes EFL policy it will come out.

Edit seems the EFL arent too concerned as the figures arent too excessive.

I hope the tax man has a different viewpoint as it looks like money laundering from here.
'
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Both sides claim to have a strong case...someone is going to end up with egg on their face.
I personally don't think the EFL would have charged Wednesday with this unless they felt their case was iron clad.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:18 am It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Both sides claim to have a strong case...someone is going to end up with egg on their face.
I personally don't think the EFL would have charged Wednesday with this unless they felt their case was iron clad.
Another angle is if Weds can prove the EFL did give them permission to cook the books is the reaction that will receive from other clubs, the FA UeFa, and even the tax man.
'