Our Yorkshire Farm

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Our Yorkshire Farm

Post by 1964white »

Anybody watched this wonderful true story series.

Takes me back to my childhood years when kids were kids, an extremely hard working family all pulling together

Kids enjoying plenty of fresh air & learning from their parents & siblings

https://www.channel5.com/show/our-yorkshire-farm
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Our Yorkshire Farm

Post by Sara »

Don't watch telly, but I'd love to have grown up on a farm. So grateful I grew up in the countryside in a pre digital world, where I could spend all day out in the fields and woods.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I love that family 64. I first saw them a few years ago on a programme called 'The Dales' with Ade Edmonson. There weren't as many children then, but I remember thinking at the time that they ought to have their own TV series. Earlier this year some friends of mine walked across England West to East and came across the Owens. Stayed and had coffee and cream scones, served up by the kids :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:20 pm Don't watch telly, but I'd love to have grown up on a farm. So grateful I grew up in the countryside in a pre digital world, where I could spend all day out in the fields and woods.
Have a watch of the link I provided in my opening post Sara

Amanda the mother makes a reference to the digital world when they were buying a pony

Fascinating insight on how they cope with day to day life & problems

Makes you smile :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:22 pm I love that family 64. I first saw them a few years ago on a programme called 'The Dales' with Ade Edmonson. There weren't as many children then, but I remember thinking at the time that they ought to have their own TV series. Earlier this year some friends of mine walked across England West to East and came across the Owens. Stayed and had coffee and cream scones, served up by the kids :)
What brilliant kids they are Swannie :mwa: :fwa: :fshr:

We were enjoying a meal at a fabulous Italian restaurant in Abergavenny on Sunday evening. Parents & a teenage son & daughter were sat on the next table, first thing all four did was pull out their mobile phones, of course they weren't ready to order when the waitress came to take their order. A birthday cake was presented after their main course to celebrate their son's 14th birthday, it was quite apparent the sulky teenager didn't want to be there....unappreciative spoilt brat.

My faith in children was restored when we returned home & viewed those kids in 'Our Yorkshire Farm'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another treat in store at 8pm on Channel 5 tonight
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Is this a new series little old man or is it a repeat? I watched one last year which was in 4 parts featuring the different seasons on their farm. Absolutely loved it. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm Is this a new series little old man or is it a repeat? I watched one last year which was in 4 parts featuring the different seasons on their farm. Absolutely loved it. :bear:
New series bb :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 pm New series bb :)
Ooh lovely, will have to have a catch up with it then.

On another note swannie, are you watching I'm a Celebrity? Thought of you as someone's luxury item was a framed photograph of Jane McDonald :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:03 pm Ooh lovely, will have to have a catch up with it then.

On another note swannie, are you watching I'm a Celebrity? Thought of you as someone's luxury item was a framed photograph of Jane McDonald :lol: :bear:
Yes, I'm a celebrity is one of my fave programmes bb :). I nearly fell off my chair and dropped me wine last night when Adele said her luxury item was a photo of Jane McDonald :love:....that's the luxury item I'd take in....but dont mention this to hector :shhh: .... :lol:
Ps so pleased they didn't drop Jane in the swamp...
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Ps so pleased they didn't drop Jane in the swamp...
But it is a bloody good place to dump the photo :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm Is this a new series little old man or is it a repeat? I watched one last year which was in 4 parts featuring the different seasons on their farm. Absolutely loved it. :bear:
Yes new young lady, I missed the first series :( Jill & I need to catch up with those
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:22 pm I love that family 64. I first saw them a few years ago on a programme called 'The Dales' with Ade Edmonson. There weren't as many children then, but I remember thinking at the time that they ought to have their own TV series. Earlier this year some friends of mine walked across England West to East and came across the Owens. Stayed and had coffee and cream scones, served up by the kids :)
In tonight's episode the eldest daughter was looking after the walkers with cream scones/coffee/teas with the 5yo daughter helping out doing the washing up of all the crockery/cutlery, whilst mum dad & some of the kids were rounding up sheep ready for shearing.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

What a great bunch of talented kids, all credit to their parents!

Lovely series :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I love the way young Sydney follows Reuben around, always helping with the mechanics, passing Reuben his spanners etc....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:39 pm I love the way young Sydney follows Reuben around, always helping with the mechanics, passing Reuben his spanners etc....
You won't find these kids tapping away on their mobile phones all day long