Mourinho/Pochettino

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Mourinho/Pochettino

Post by weasel »

Hope Spurs don't come sniffing after the Master now the apprentice has gone. That said I think Bielsa is unlike any other manager and would stay with us
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Spurs

Post by whiteswan »

Spurs..... Sack Pochettino :shock:
Last edited by YorkshireSquare on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Threads
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pochetino Gone

Post by whiteswan »

You beat me to it by a minute weasel....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:39 pm Hope Spurs don't come sniffing after the Master now the apprentice has gone. That said I think Bielsa is unlike any other manager and would stay with us
No doubt the rumour mill will have a field day in trying to unsettle our players and manager. I wouldn't be surprised though if Mourinho is in the frame for Spurs...
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

So a bad start to the season, and all those years of going a lot better than they have done before are forgotten.

Bet if he'd quit to join Man Utd last season (as was rumoured before the appointed OGS), the Spurs board would have moaned about lack of loyalty.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 pm So a bad start to the season, and all those years of going a lot better than they have done before are forgotten.

Bet if he'd quit to join Man Utd last season (as was rumoured before the appointed OGS), the Spurs board would have moaned about lack of loyalty.
My thoughts exactly Harry
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can we employ him as the understudy for a while ...just to keep him honest like
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Where next - you do sense that Poch always had a hankering for Real Madrid. However, they seem to have picked up a bit after a dodgy start, so probably they'll stick with Zidane for the time being.

You could see the likes of Kane, Ali and others will following Poch to pastures new though. Although Daniel Levy is a pretty shrewd businessman so may have them tied down in terms of contracts.

Spurs must have built in the ££££ from Champions League football to their business model when financing their new stadium so will need a top drawer replacement. My money would be on Allegri, especially now that OGS seems to have steadied the ship somewhat at ManUre.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

One of the stupidest decisions for a long time.

Spurs getting ideas above their station perhaps.

Who they going to get better then Poch?

Edit.

Jose it seems, certainly more successful then Poch but will Levy back him and can Jose rediscover the old magic. :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mourinho confirmed new Spurs manager this morning
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:Mourinho confirmed new Spurs manager this morning
More grey hair for Jose.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pochettino Gone/Mourinho

Post by HarryofOz »

I give it two games before all Spurs fans declare their hatred for Mourinho - if it takes that long.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Glad they went for Jose always worried they might come a sniffing and who’d blame Bielsa if he left
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Not surprised at all. His was the first name I thought of when I first posted pochettino's dismissal. No way were spurs gonna sack him if they didnt already have someone like Mourinho lined up.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just smacks of panic with an appointment that goes completely against what they have supposedly been building in the last few years when they have been snapping up young talent along with promoting from their academy - something alien to Mourinho. Pochetino leaves them in a much stronger position than they were in when he got there.

Would be a bit like us sacking Bielsa and appointing Warnock - a little similar to how we brought in TC and had us play a certain way and then brought in PH who had a a completely different way of playing. Maybe we could get Pochetino to come in when Bielsa leaves.
1964white

Re: Mourinho/Pochettino

Post by 1964white »

Jose Mourinho has been appointed Roma manager from the start of next season.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 pm Jose Mourinho has been appointed Roma manager from the start of next season.
I quite like Roma , went to see Lazio-Roma in 2004. A good half a match , that was. Abandoned due to rioting at half time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:39 pm I quite like Roma , went to see Lazio-Roma in 2004. A good half a match , that was. Abandoned due to rioting at half time.
Was it that bad Clacton?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The Italian league is the best fit for Mourinho's style. I think he still holds the record in the CL for the least possession by a team to win it? Roma are well of it tho, Mu ripped them apart albiet with a few injuries.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Clacton White wrote: I quite like Roma , went to see Lazio-Roma in 2004. A good half a match , that was. Abandoned due to rioting at half time.
Yes that’s such a great game, I went to one Roma derby in the end of the nineties.