Luton Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Luton Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Luton Town v Leeds Utd

Saturday 23rd November 2019 15.00 | Kenilworth Road

Leeds revisit Kenilworth Road for the first time in over three years as they look to extend their unbeaten run to six games. The last time the two sides met was in the second round of the League Cup in August 2016 when the Whites were victorious courtesy of a Tyler Denton thunderbolt from the edge of the area. You have to go back over a decade to the 2007/08 season when the two sides last met, in league One. Leeds had the better of the spoils that season collecting 4 out of six points. Since then, Luton have endured what can only be considered a rollercoaster which included an unprecedented 30 point deduction, relegation from the Football League. They finally clawed their way back to the top 92 in 2015.

Tyler Denton gives Leeds a win in the League Cup last time the sides met back in 2016

Bielsa has a number of injury concerns but the news more positive following Thursdays press-conference. Liam Cooper has a chance of being available whilst Stuart Dallas is fine after international duty. No Eddie Nketiah but he should be back in full training next week. Jamie Shackleton is also close but has been out for a while so probably needs more time. Forshaw still out and there's no exact timescale on his return yet. Hernandez, Berardi and Douglas all completed 45 minutes of the 2-0 win on Monday for the U23's v Barnsley and will be available to start should Bielsa be tempted to change the starting line up!

Referee John Brooks will take charge of the Whites for the second time this season and fourth time in their history this weekend. In their past three games under Brooks, Leeds have failed to win a single encounter, stretching back almost two years including;

i) having their unbeaten run on the road being bought to an end at Charlton in September
ii) Christmas 2018 when Leeds lost 2-0 against Hull at Elland Road
iii) The Whites surrendered a one-goal lead to lose to Norwich in the penultimate match of the 2017-18 campaign

Leeds Starting XI
Casilla, Ayling, White, Berardi, Dallas, Phillips, Hernández, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Bamford

Subs: Meslier, Douglas, Cooper, Alioski, Costa, Gotts, Clarke
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luton Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Luton have an impressive scoring recond, the best in the bottom 10 but they have conceded a whopping 30 goals to our 9 so I will be disappointed if we don't win this game.

And I doubt very much that there will be any changes to the team.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Pablo has to get in
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bossman wont change anything unless forced to by injury which may happen as Dallas withdrew from playing last night due to a tight hammy. If Cooper is out who will be drafted in to be the third CB? I worry about Berra, White and Phillips playing together, especially away from home against such an attacking side.

Kennelworth Road has pitch that is 15 feet shorter and 6 feet narrower than Elland Road so space will be at a premium for our lads to exploit.

If we see ourselves as contenders games like this must be 3 points.

Luton play with 2 and sometimes 3 up front so they pose a real attacking threat but of course what will tell on Saturday will be our continuing impotence up front.

Seeing it is such a tight ground I would like to see Roberts partner Bamford up front backed up by Harrison ( LW) Klich ( CMF) and Either Costa or Pablo ( RW)
Two wingbacks and three along the back.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

We know MB likes to name his team on a thursday - can anyone in the know let us know when he does so.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Due to the low allocation of a 1000 tickets I'm missing my first away league match in many seasons. Always realised this game could be a problem when Luton were promoted to the championship :( had we received another two hundred tickets I'd have been ok.

So I'll be joining you all on this thread tomorrow tearing my hair out through frustration watching some awful stream
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Sit back and enjoy!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm Due to the low allocation of a 1000 tickets I'm missing my first away league match in many seasons. Always realised this game could be a problem when Luton were promoted to the championship :( had we received another two hundred tickets I'd have been ok.

So I'll be joining you all on this thread tomorrow tearing my hair out through frustration watching some awful stream
Welcome to our world 8-) 8-)

Don't worry about pulling off your hair, you can stick it back on with double sided tape as you do every morning ;-)

:mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm Welcome to our world 8-) 8-)

Don't worry about pulling off your hair, you can stick it back on with double sided tape as you do every morning ;-)

My turn to say bog off :lol:

I have a nice mop of hair inherited from my grandad I guess, styled every three weeks at the hairdressers as it grows like mad, no comb over job with me :P
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm Sit back and enjoy!

Cheers BG

I'll also be watching the racing from Ascot :hors: :-D
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1000 is quite pathetic really

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm Due to the low allocation of a 1000 tickets I'm missing my first away league match in many seasons. Always realised this game could be a problem when Luton were promoted to the championship :( had we received another two hundred tickets I'd have been ok.

You'll be able to see how the other half live 64 :)

It'll be fun having you on board.....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm Welcome to our world 8-) 8-)

:rol: :rol:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:16 pm My turn to say bog off :lol:

I have a nice mop of hair inherited from my grandad
So it is an old family "Hairloom"
:rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 pm You'll be able to see how the other half live 64 :)

It'll be fun having you on board.....
Thank you Swannie

I'll have to watch my language especially if Douglas gets some game time :lol: oh and if Jack beats his defender three times & then messes up his cross bless him!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm So it is an old family "Hairloom"
:rol:
I reckon you are being fed some duff information Hector

BB has me down as little old man, yes I'm slim however I'm not your normal pot-bellied Leeds fan who sups 10 pints a night plus I eat healthily, I'm 5'10" so I'm not that little. Yes I'm a old sod but probably could run a 100 yards quicker than many who are ten years younger than myself as I keep myself relatively fit.
I certainly do NOT possess a wig, tbh I wouldn't be seen dead in one :lol: still a fresh faced 65yo bloke, the reason I don't wear a beard as I think facial hair makes one look much older especially when they are greying.

NEXT ??
hector

Post by hector »

Methinks you protesteth too much...

People with syrups usually do :mrgreen:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

You will be a welcome addition!

Looking forward to your rants! :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:26 pm Thank you Swannie

I'll have to watch my language especially if Douglas gets some game time :lol: oh and if Jack beats his defender three times & then messes up his cross bless him!
I shortcuts to all my Harrison commentary already set up.

It saves time :lol:
'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:39 pm Methinks you protesteth too much...

People with syrups usually do :mrgreen:
Do they, I wouldn't know :duno: