The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st November) - Bielsa enjoying his longest tenure since Bilbao

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st November) - Bielsa enjoying his longest tenure since Bilbao

Post by Ellandback1 »

It's Thursday 21st November, and here are the latest Leeds Utd headlines...

Injuries continue to mount

Leeds United journalist Adam Pope has confirmed that Stuart Dallas pulled out of last nights Euro qualifier against Germany after feeling tightness in his hamstring. If indeed he has pulled him hamstring, he could be out of action until the New Year. The versatile 28 year old has player in eight different positions for Leeds this term.

Bielsa enjoying his longest tenure since Bilbao

Marcelo Bielsa is already the 6th current longest Managerial appointments in the Championship. The Argentine joined the Whites on the 15th June, some 524 days ago, and is enjoying his longest tenure since Athletic Bilbao back in 2011. Bielsa is also the oldest second tier Manager by 7 years with QPR's Mark Warburton being the second oldest on 57 years. How long will Bielsa stay at LS11? If the Whites go up would you assume the 64 year old will commit at least another couple of seasons to Leeds? Would it be detrimental to the future Manager if Bielsa only committed to another season?

Leeds fill Academy Coach void

Leeds have snapped up Middlesbrough's highly rated Academy Coach Andy Foster. The former National Coach Developer for the FA will become the new head of coaching for the academy at Elland Road, a role he occupied with Boro for the last two years. Leeds have been on the hunt for a new head of Academy coaching ever since Richard Cresswell left the role in the summer. The role of ‘head of Academy coaching’ is to oversee the coaching of the academy by looking to implement coaching methods that filter down to all age groups.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st November) - Bielsa enjoying his longest tenure since Bilbao

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

Bielsas tenure.
Longer the better for the overall development of the club. He is a whole year past where I expected him to be as I didnt see the appointment to have legs. But for the millionth time Leeds. Please give him the tools he asks for. Not only will it help us on the field, it is good business. How much is Daniel James worth now?

Injuries.
Losing Dallas will be a blow, but might get Bielsa to reveal his cards, Douglas or Davis at Lwb?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st November) - Bielsa enjoying his longest tenure since Bilbao

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Amazed but so glad that Bielsa has stayed, I was a bit worried when I first heard that Spurs had gone a bit mad but thankfully the madness continued and they snapped up Jose instead :lol: :tup:

Hoping that Dallas’s injury isn’t too bad as he’s definitely been in the top three improved/consistent players this season so far but on the other hand it may open the door for one of the fringe players to step up
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB et al
Marcelo Bielsa is already the 6th current longest Managerial appointments in the Championship. The Argentine joined the Whites on the 15th June, some 524 days ago, and is enjoying his longest tenure since Athletic Bilbao back in 2011.
That says so much about football today
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:04 am Losing Dallas will be a blow, but might get Bielsa to reveal his cards, Douglas or Davis at Lwb?
Just hope Marcelo makes the correct decision if required, nothing worse than a sluggish wing-back
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Dallas in midfield doesn't work so not an issue apart from he'd be a good bencher.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Happy for Marcelo, long may his reign continue if we go up as far as I'm concerned.

The injury situation is nothing new, but I find it funny that we're in sort of the opposite situation to last season, where if Roofe or Bamford was injured then we'd struggle with goals from elsewhere in the squad but now it's the other way around.

Honestly though, I'd be more concerned if we lost another defender. I think between Cooper and White we're solid with Bera to compensate but losing both would be catastrophic. Touch wood, eh...