Why is it ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Why is it ?

Post by 1964white » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:35 am

Bally wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 pm
I haven't been to a Leeds home game since the 80's but been trying to get tickets for me and my lad this season but without any luck so far,the last time I saw Leeds play live was at Wolves about 3 seasons ago,but as they are on TV so much get to see a few of their games ,and its the same story virtually every game where Leeds have most of the play but miss far too many chances,the only time this wasn't the case was against WBA where they had more of the play but Leeds went on to win.
Leeds are in a great position ATM and with a couple of top additions in January they could be back in the top flight ,you've already got a premier league support just need the team to join them
Good to see you discussing Leeds Bally :tup:

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:09 am

rab_rant wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 am
Just watched a video which stated that pessimism will shorten your life span, and it not only has an effect on your own life but it has a negative effect also on the people who listen to you or associate with you.

We have to realise that when we write on MOT that the audience is bigger than the people who respond to our message. I have seen 300 guests on here during a match day, but not only that MOT editorials and the daily debate are regularly picked up by NewsNow, so the reach of what we write is far beyond what we could imagine or expect.

Imagine if you will that a thought or an idea is some sort of infectious virus that seeps out from MOT and on to social media and from there on to the terraces.

It is well known that propaganda is used to influence both opinions and behaviour, and individuals from All Leeds TV or MOT can express their "honest" opinions but if those opinions are relentlessly morbid and depressing, then there is a ripple effect through social media and on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

is it enough just to ignore pessimism and negativity and hope that we are not contaminated by its pervasive and insidious nature?

No it has to be resisted. We stay in the dark because we spread doom and gloom. For 15 years now we have been the architects of our own failures. I say it is time for a glimmer of hope. Time for a paradigm shift to a positive mentality.

I propose that from now until Christmas we banish pessimism from MOT. We steadfastly refuse to be drawn into negativity. We really need to do this for our own mental health and for the well being of other supporters and the club.

As the old song goes - accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative, and let's see where that will take us.

Out of the darkness and into the light. The future is bright, the future is white.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
:tup:

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 am

I don't mind posters venting on the game thread, that's an in the moment thread and passions run high. You can be as negative/angry as you like on the game thread if that's your thing. During the game of course
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Best starting 11 - Meslier - Dallas - White - Berardi - Davis - Phillips - Hernandez - Klich* - Harrison - Gotts - Costa

1964white

Post by 1964white » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 am
I'll stick to the matchday stuff and let others postulate on their conspiracy theories about contracts and the transfer window, buy outs, square pegs round holes etc.
Shouldn't have to do that Faaip

I'll tell ya there's as much if not more negativity on every other forum I visit including other club sites plus insulting behaviour than there is on MOT :shock:

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 am
Shouldn't have to do that Faaip

I'll tell ya there's as much if not more negativity on every other forum I visit including other club sites plus insulting behaviour than there is on MOT :shock:
Why do you think I don't post about football on waccoe either...
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Best starting 11 - Meslier - Dallas - White - Berardi - Davis - Phillips - Hernandez - Klich* - Harrison - Gotts - Costa

1964white

Post by 1964white » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:44 am

rab_rant wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 am
Just watched a video which stated that pessimism will shorten your life span, and it not only has an effect on your own life but it has a negative effect also on the people who listen to you or associate with you.

We have to realise that when we write on MOT that the audience is bigger than the people who respond to our message. I have seen 300 guests on here during a match day, but not only that MOT editorials and the daily debate are regularly picked up by NewsNow, so the reach of what we write is far beyond what we could imagine or expect.

Imagine if you will that a thought or an idea is some sort of infectious virus that seeps out from MOT and on to social media and from there on to the terraces.

It is well known that propaganda is used to influence both opinions and behaviour, and individuals from All Leeds TV or MOT can express their "honest" opinions but if those opinions are relentlessly morbid and depressing, then there is a ripple effect through social media and on to the terraces and ultimately on to the pitch.

is it enough just to ignore pessimism and negativity and hope that we are not contaminated by its pervasive and insidious nature?

No it has to be resisted. We stay in the dark because we spread doom and gloom. For 15 years now we have been the architects of our own failures. I say it is time for a glimmer of hope. Time for a paradigm shift to a positive mentality.

I propose that from now until Christmas we banish pessimism from MOT. We steadfastly refuse to be drawn into negativity. We really need to do this for our own mental health and for the well being of other supporters and the club.

As the old song goes - accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative, and let's see where that will take us.

Out of the darkness and into the light. The future is bright, the future is white.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Great post Rab

I saw 447 guests perusing MOT at one stage in the last couple of weeks :shock:

I wish some of them would post up their opinions instead of just lurking in the background, maybe they are all shy just like Swannie was :duno:

1964white

Post by 1964white » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 am
Why do you think I don't post about football on waccoe either...
Occasionally you do & then take a hammering :(

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 am
Occasionally you do & then take a hammering :(
I post once in a blue moon but then make a point of never reading that thread again ...90% of the time...
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

1964white

Post by 1964white » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:03 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 am
I post once in a blue moon but then make a point of never reading that thread again ...90% of the time...
Probably for the best, just don't tap your notification alert mate

mothbanquet
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by mothbanquet » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 am

I'm liable to be just as negative as the next man if we get a disappointing result but I try not to post during that time unless I'm really steamed, as I know it's just a temporary emotional flux and after a day or so of reflection reality settles in and I can see the bigger picture. Right now, that picture is a better points total than last season so far, the best defence in the league and more players performing at a very high level all over the pitch. Harrison is much more consistent, White is hands down the best defender in the league and elevates both Cooper and Berardi by playing alongside them, Phillips is a player other clubs would kill for and Dallas has gone from a squad player to a prized one. Kiko has also settled a great deal and is much more trusted by both his defenders and the fans in general.

We might be less swashbuckling and adventurous on the whole, but give me a solid and dependable defence for whom the goals conceded speaks for itself than needing ketamine every time we go forward.

But I digress - I'm not going to judge anyone for being pessimistic, sort of comes with the territory of being a Leeds fan post 2004, but I think should we get promoted that particular trait just might evaporate. But then again, old habits are hard to break!

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:50 pm

hector wrote:I know f**k all about football, I thought I was joining a dating site, but just stayed here
You need screwfix.com, thats what my mrs thought anyway Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:21 pm

BGwhite wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:50 pm
You need screwfix.com, thats what my mrs thought anyway Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
:rol: :rol: :rol:
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:31 am

gessa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 pm
I'm finding it far too negative on here generally, find myself just repeating the same thing,and even worse reading the same old lines. If we were mid table or worse, then fair enough. I know it's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as it's being made out.
If it wasn't for the polls and comps, I'd be seen very little of.
Same for me Ges, can’t be doing with the doom mongers who continually bemoan the club and particularly the owner, easier to say nothing. Post in the match day threads if I’m about and the comps / music threads but the club stuff feels too hard work when you’ve only got limited time.

Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm

I try not to be negative about the team / club but we as supporters of Leeds have more reason than most in the last 15 years.
If I think a player is playing badly or I think the manager got his tactics all wrong or we didn't spend well in a transfer window I may post it on here but at the end of the day it is just my opinion and I'll put it out there so others can respond accordingly.
Even if I say I don't think we are good enough to get promotion is that being negative or just an honest opinion based on what I have seen so far?
There are opinions on here that make me laugh , some that make me shake my head in disbelief and some that I completely agree with but none are abusive and for me that's what makes MOT such a good forum.
By the way, I think Mothbanquet's assesment above is spot on.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Still applies the same select few discuss Leeds United :shock:

hector

Post by hector » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Still know f**k all about football, not had time for the crash course yet :mrgreen:
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

Advertisment