The Leeds United Positive Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The Leeds United Positive Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:54 pm I know you're not going to believe this, but.........

Got in the car in St Louis to make the two-hour drive back to Southern Illinois just after receiving the text notification that the game had gone to the half.

I uttered an oath in the hospital parking garage and my wife asked me what was wrong. "Two - nil Millwall," said I. "But it's OK. We will win this."

An hour later we stopped for petrol in the small town of Pinckneyville and I checked my phone. Sure enough......

These guys have unlimited determination. How can you not love this team? And I mean each and every one of them.
Yes, you have mentioned a couple of times a health challenge with your missus.

Here's hoping the help is there to back up all the loving support you are providing, and remember the wisdom in the proverb.

A cheery heart is good medicine.

I hope Tuesday night gave you a big glow inside.

See you in March John.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

In the face of so many dire predictions of failure and disaster, I'll say this:

Even if the doom mongers are correct, and Bielsa doesn't get us promoted this season, he will still have succeeded in transforming the club.

We have gone from being a long forgotten laughing stock, to the club with the most potential to shake up the premier league. Supposing Bielsa's legacy is 45 minutes of sublime football, outclassing Arsenal on their own turf in front of the viewing millions. Supposing that is what it takes to get the investment necessary to make us a force again.

Even if we 'fail' this season, if the turd Bielsa has polished still turns out to be a turd, the Leeds genie is out of the bottle now, and won't go back. There is too much potential here for us to slide back into obscurity. Someone will invest and take us forwards.

I still think we can do it though. Writing the season off because of one game where we didn't get to see the new signings is absurd. The problem has been identified as lack of goals, and we have addressed that problem in JKA and IP. Let's not give up on them before we've even seen them.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:00 pm In the face of so many dire predictions of failure and disaster, I'll say this:

Even if the doom mongers are correct, and Bielsa doesn't get us promoted this season, he will still have succeeded in transforming the club.

We have gone from being a long forgotten laughing stock, to the club with the most potential to shake up the premier league. Supposing Bielsa's legacy is 45 minutes of sublime football, outclassing Arsenal on their own turf in front of the viewing millions. Supposing that is what it takes to get the investment necessary to make us a force again.

Even if we 'fail' this season, if the turd Bielsa has polished still turns out to be a turd, the Leeds genie is out of the bottle now, and won't go back. There is too much potential here for us to slide back into obscurity. Someone will invest and take us forwards.

I still think we can do it though. Writing the season off because of one game where we didn't get to see the new signings is absurd. The problem has been identified as lack of goals, and we have addressed that problem in JKA and IP. Let's not give up on them before we've even seen them.
Yes far too early to write us off yet Sara :tup:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:00 pm In the face of so many dire predictions of failure and disaster, I'll say this:

If Bielsa leaves Leeds and we are still in the championship, it will be a failure. He has improved us beyond recognition, has given the fans so much pleasure and has been an absolute joy to have at this club. But in ten years time you look back at these past two seasons and we don’t go up, we will look back with regret.
But we dominate pretty much every game we play, we are millimetres away from winning games. We just need to be more clinical. We hopefully have brought that in now in Augustin. Defensively we are almost as frustrating as we are in attack. Kiko seems to have lost his head altogether, the charge that’s been hanging over his head for half the season isn’t helping that situation either.
Every faith that we can and will go on a long winning run like we did earlier in the season. All is not lost
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I want us to succeed with Bielsa because it would be a fitting reward for the huge dedication he has shown, and the integrity and humility with which he has gone about his task. Everybody involved with the club deserves it.

If not, and if you're taking the long view, I still expect that any future assessment will see these two years as a transformative time. We naturally fear falling away again because of all that we have been through, but I don't think the increased expectations of these two seasons can be undone so easily.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the history of Leeds United is a tale told by an idiot, or maybe we'll get promoted and western civilisation will collapse, nobody knows.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I want us to win the division. Because we deserve to, I'm less about promotion ..tbh..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

At the end of the Bristol match Bielsa was seen giving Alioski
A big man hug... such a rare display of emotion.
Hugs all round for the team.Image

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

THREESOME.Image

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Caption this!!!Image

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant wrote:Caption this!!!Image

Listerine anybody?

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The human face of Leeds united.
https://youtu.be/1JZY6TA2F0E

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

End of season probabilities... we can dream can't we?

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I like that site.

You can go back in time and see how the probabilities change depending on results.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surely we all must be buzzing now :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

If not, then there's no hope
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:28 pm End of season probabilities... we can dream can't we?

if rumours of the wendies 12 point deduction are true, they will be odds on to go down
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is fun, Ben and Bryn and the Hull game
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:39 pm This is fun, Ben and Bryn and the Hull game
Yes I watched it last week :tup: Bryn & Ben ecstatic
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

STORY OF THE GAME.
https://youtu.be/7evDKwMU27M

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:57 pm Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the history of Leeds United is a tale told by an idiot, or maybe we'll get promoted and western civilisation will collapse, nobody knows.
Turning out to be rather prophetic Sara :(