London Bridge Incident

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

London Bridge Incident

Post by 1964white »

I genuinely don’t know if I’d have the bottle to do what those members of public did today. I'm not afraid to help anyone in distress however that must have taken some serious bollocks to step in today, guess it’s just pure adrenaline.

Anyway, they should be recognised with some serious bravery awards, saved civilian lives with their action today. Proper heroes in my mind !
1964white

Re: London Bridge Incident

Post by 1964white »

My condolences to the families/friends of the two loved ones who lost their lives in this horrific attack

Hopefully the injured make a speedy recovery
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

leic white 63 wrote:a absolute disgrace , a known convicted terrorist was out on licence and on a tag . f**king british justice system !
the scumbag is now dead but he should have never been allowed out to walk our streets . the c**t should have been rotting in a dungeon .
sympathy to the family's who have lost loved ones.
rip.
Well said. The justice system has been total bolox for decades !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:43 am a absolute disgrace , a known convicted terrorist was out on licence and on a tag . f**king british justice system !
the scumbag is now dead but he should have never been allowed out to walk our streets . the c**t should have been rotting in a dungeon .
sympathy to the family's who have lost loved ones.
rip.
Indeed 63 we shouldn't be putting decent citizens in danger or relying on brave members of the public dealing with problems that should never occurred in the first place

Tbh all murderers/terrorists should be executed imo, as a nation we are far too soft!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:05 am Well said. The justice system has been total bolox for decades !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Criminal justice system playing Russian roulette with peoples lives :(
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

It angers me how the justice system always see the good in some people giving them lenient sentences only to go out and commit offences again and again. We really do need to shake the system up and bring it into the modern day so that sentences fit the crime.

I can’t believe I’ve read that some people are “upset” at the fact the perpetrator was shot dead saying it was unnecessary as he was being restrained by brave members of the public. The man was wearing a suicide vest, albeit fake, but was anyone to know. These are probably the same people who would’ve complained had it been real and he’d been able to detonate it killing and injuring many, saying, “not enough was done to stop him” I give up at times. Get real, this is an ongoing threat we have to now live with therefore any action taken on these people is just and necessary.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rich_leeds64 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:12 am

It angers me how the justice system always see the good in some people giving them lenient sentences only to go out and commit offences again and again. We really do need to shake the system up and bring it into the modern day so that sentences fit the crime.

I can’t believe I’ve read that some people are “upset” at the fact the perpetrator was shot dead saying it was unnecessary as he was being restrained by brave members of the public. The man was wearing a suicide vest, albeit fake, but was anyone to know. These are probably the same people who would’ve complained had it been real and he’d been able to detonate it killing and injuring many, saying, “not enough was done to stop him” I give up at times. Get real, this is an ongoing threat we have to now live with therefore any action taken on these people is just and necessary.
This
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

More people are killed by poverty and homelessness than by terrorism. We need a more compassionate society, not a more brutal one. We also need to stop creating the conditions for terror by waging illegal, imperialist wars. There's a bigger picture here than banging up individuals.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:12 am It angers me how the justice system always see the good in some people giving them lenient sentences only to go out and commit offences again and again. We really do need to shake the system up and bring it into the modern day so that sentences fit the crime.

Agree Rich as a country we have far too many sympathisers, we've become a soft nation. The culprit got what he deserved, he was given a chance to show compassion & decency towards his fellow UK citizens, he blew it as the majority of extremists would.....it's like trying to tame a wild dog, evil is part of their make-up.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I was there for a couple of hours Wednesday morning so now the wife’s getting worried about how much time I spend in London, as I pointed out it could happen in any city and there’s something just short of 9 million people in London so I’d have to be pretty unlucky to get involved in a serious incident.

Like Leon said I’d like to think I’d go and help the seriously brave souls that got involved but as I get older I do find myself stopping and thinking before I do get involved in anything so who knows I may have just crapped myself and ran away :duno:

The Law in this land is probably one of the best and most consistent in the world, my issue is with the “Experts” who convince the Authorities that these people are no longer dangerous, you notice we aren’t seeing them in the media apologising for making a mistake in getting him released nor will we see them get punished, even though they are responsible for three deaths (including the scumbag), injuries to a number of people and physiological damage to many more, hope they can sleep well :rant: :evil: :rant:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:28 am Agree Rich as a country we have far too many sympathisers, we've become a soft nation. The culprit got what he deserved, he was given a chance to show compassion & decency towards his fellow UK citizens, he blew it as the majority of extremists would.....it's like trying to tame a wild dog, evil is part of their make-up.
It's nothing to do with being soft, or being a sympathiser, it's about understanding that this problem isn't simply a matter of individual criminality. If you only attempt to tackle it on that level, it will never go away.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Sickening that these things occur. Truly sad for the families who lost their loved ones and for those passersby who stepped in I can only give them my respect.

I just am saddened that we have so many people who have swallowed an ideology that makes them think killing others and themselves is in any way an honourable act.
But there are so many disenfranchised people out there who are open to have such venom pushed into their heads.

There was a very insightful drama on C4 called The State, definitely worth a watch. It described Europeans heading off to Syria to fight.
In it it was claimed that part of this particular brand of Islam is intent to shock western sensibilities to the core through attacks like yesterdays. Hence the beheadings on Youtube. The idea is to anger Westerners so much to send Western troops into the Middle East which in turn will trigger what they believe will be the final battle between good and evil. Armageddon. They actually intend for the Caliphate that was set up to fail! In the meantime of course all the martyred are living it up in the afterlife with all their female companions.

How do you stop that?

The whole world is in a mess.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Have we not also swallowed an ideology that finds carpet bombing innocent civilians for profit acceptable? How many have been killed since the invasion of Iraq? The 'war on terror' has simply created more terror. In all likelihood, ISIS are funded and armed by the US, via Israel, to justify their warmongering.

The world is indeed a mess, but it certainly isn't a case of the innocent west under attack from an extremist ideology which has sprung out of nowhere. Again, you have to look at the context if you are going to find ways of stopping it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:07 pm Have we not also swallowed an ideology that finds carpet bombing innocent civilians for profit acceptable? How many have been killed since the invasion of Iraq? The 'war on terror' has simply created more terror. In all likelihood, ISIS are funded and armed by the US, via Israel, to justify their warmongering.

The world is indeed a mess, but it certainly isn't a case of the innocent west under attack from an extremist ideology which has sprung out of nowhere. Again, you have to look at the context if you are going to find ways of stopping it.
Agreed and I hope there was nothing in my post to suggest that the west are an innocent party.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:34 pm Agreed and I hope there was nothing in my post to suggest that the west are an innocent party.
Sorry if I misread you then, Ian. I just think the point gets missed when we focus on the perpetrators, and their handling by the justice system.

There's also the question of how these, fortunately rare, incidents are used to ramp up police powers, which has a bearing on the civil liberties of the rest of us; but that's another argument.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The stupid probation officers actually believed the terrorist had reformed, how naive are these so-called experts in their field ? any nutter capable of murder can con & deceive their way out of prison back onto our streets.

Two innocent people lost their lives (could have been more), hope those who made this ludicrous decision can sleep at night :x
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

SaraM wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 am More people are killed by poverty and homelessness than by terrorism. We need a more compassionate society, not a more brutal one. We also need to stop creating the conditions for terror by waging illegal, imperialist wars. There's a bigger picture here than banging up individuals.
Absolutely nothing to do with this topic!! There is always a bigger picture about everything.

This topic was to do with what happened on Friday in London, no more, no less.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Such brave people.

Ilove the randomness of the weapons, a fire extinguisher and a Narwhal tusk (one of which sold for £30k few years back i read).

Heroes!!!!

But one of the people who helped was a convicted murderer on day release so thats a difficult one.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:50 am Such brave people.

Ilove the randomness of the weapons, a fire extinguisher and a Narwhal tusk (one of which sold for £30k few years back i read).

Heroes!!!!

But one of the people who helped was a convicted murderer on day release so thats a difficult one.
Ironic.....also both the victims were Cambridge graduates
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 pm Absolutely nothing to do with this topic!! There is always a bigger picture about everything.

This topic was to do with what happened on Friday in London, no more, no less.

:bear:
I was responding to people's comments about the situation being caused by lax security, and the solution being the execution of individual perpetrators.

If I am 'off topic', then so were they, but hopefully we are free to discuss the incident in whichever way seems relevant to us, with or without your approval.