Tony Dorigo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Tony Dorigo

Post by 1964white »

Shook hands & had a brief chat with Tony in the club shop on our way back home

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 19.46.11.png
Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 19.46.11.png (465.24 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Tony Dorigo

Post by Irish Ian »

Hey 64! Did you greet him with a g'day or an ey up?

:geek:

One of my fave players from THAT team.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

That is a weird pic. His head looks disproportionate to his body. Looks like a head photo-shopped onto a another body.

Though I'm sure you didn't do that.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:01 am That is a weird pic. His head looks disproportionate to his body. Looks like a head photo-shopped onto a another body.

Though I'm sure you didn't do that.
Genuine Harry but I can see what you mean. I asked Tony to turn his head as he was browsing the shirts, I reckon I photoed him whilst he was moving his head.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:48 pm Hey 64! Did you greet him with a g'day or an ey up?

:geek:

One of my fave players from THAT team.
Greeted Tony on meeting him "this takes me back to the good old days", also asked him "did he enjoyed the game"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:41 am Genuine Harry but I can see what you mean. I asked Tony to turn his head as he was browsing the shirts, I reckon I photoed him whilst he was moving his head.
;) I know it's genuine mate.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good to see an ex-Villa/Chelsea player supports Leeds

Once the Leeds bug is in your blood you're a Leeds fan for life :scar1
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am dubious to the authenticity of this photo. How come you were in the Leeds club shop on your way home from an away match at Huddersfield? Or do Huddersfield sell Leeds shirts in their club shop?

Did you ask Tony who he thought was the man of the match? Hope for his sake he agreed with you if you did!!!!

:) ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:46 am I am dubious to the authenticity of this photo. How come you were in the Leeds club shop on your way home from an away match at Huddersfield? Or do Huddersfield sell Leeds shirts in their club shop?

Did you ask Tony who he thought was the man of the match? Hope for his sake he agreed with you if you did!!!!

:) ;-)
We park up at ER in the car park behind the East Stand when we are attending away games west of Leeds so after being dropped off by the Beeton cruiser (half an hour coach journey), my mates needed to buy some Christmas presents for their kids & grandchildren the reason why we headed into the LUFC club shop.

Btw the best time to browse around the club shop is on away days, it will be packed like sardines for the Hull & Cardiff home games

No I only spoke to Tony for less than 30 seconds, I don't like to disturb personalities too much in their daily lives, just a quick hello & asked him if he enjoyed the game, clicked a photo & that was it.